Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile on Rubi-Ka...

Wandering around in his office, with a cup of Java in his hand, Nadab waits patiently for the grid-call to go through. After a few minutes his computer *beeps*.

"Pathfinders HQ, how may I route your call, " comes a voice from the computer. "Alexsi Stefanovich to speak with the Colonel, please." "One moment while I connect you," replies the voice. A tired and bedraggled looking male appears on the screen, Yes?" " 'Morning Gunney, Nadab here. On that matter we previously discussed, I have a Board of Directors meeting this coming weekend. Would it be possible to get a preliminary report to present to the board so I can discuss funding, troop allocations and equipment requisitions?"

"I'll look into it and get back to you," replies the gruff voice. "Thanks, appreciate that. Send the report to usually drop box at Rompa's. Nadab out!"
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

2nd Pathfinders Detachment

***************confidential******************

Nadab, as requested, a reconoiter of the 4 Holes Mining Facility was completed. If you need further information, or wish to discuss further services, do not hesitate to contact me.

(Stop in and see me about your new duties. Pass the word to your "Affiliates", that if they like the Pathfinders services, we are available.)

Overview and history:
    The 4 Holes mining facility was originally erected by Omni-Mining soon after colonization of RK. The easy access to a particularly notum-rich vein is possible thru an ancient Meteor strike, somewhere in the dark past. Mining is concentrated in this crater.
    Approx 1.5 yrs ago, during a Clan uprising, control was lost to the Clans. To date OTAF has not made significant efforts to retake the site.

Physical aspects:
    The mining site is a self-contained community, allowing workers and security staff to live on-site. Housing, shops and a multi-story building, presumably the HQ, are located in the SE corner of the crater.
    There are 3 entrances to the mines themselves.
    790x1745 is on the SW, but appears to be currently unused.
    There are 2 entrances on the North side of the crater, 830x1866, and 908x1882. With the second being used as a primary source. The first will be discussed later in the report.

Site access:
    There are 2 main roads into the facility, from the West and South. Both are elevated, ramping down into the facility, and are exposed to most of the facility. In other words, very defendable, and NOT recommended for use.

Defensive capabilities onsite:
    The Defending forces currently used consist of approx 18-20 guards, led by a "Foreman"(908x1713). Guards are scattered around the site, but generally are posted at or near the Smelter (967x1810), and approaches leading to the smelting operation. Several civilian technicians are also in the area, but wouldnt effect a raid force. Also seen onsite is an "Unionist Agitater", which appears to be the Clan version of a "Political Officer"(9839x1768). There were no Weapons Turrets or Mechs seen operating in the area.

Strategic Targets:
    The primary Target of the mining operation would be the Smelting operation. This is the sole reason of the facility. In order to successfully attack the smelter, it will be necessary to eliminate the defending forces. Priority targets of this goal would be the Foreman and the Agitater. With the these two out of the way, the defending troops will be leaderless and disheartened.

There is an unknown type machinery, (836x1868), on the North side of the crater. I made a hands-on scout of this machine, never having seen its like before. This piece of equipment IS A HOLOGRAM. It does NOT exsist, and is potentially a trap for attacking forces. The mine entrance is also fake. I was not able to discern any reason for this to be here.

The smelting operation itself is quite simple. A conveyer belt brings materials from the mine entrance, to a compactor. From there another conveyer drops the materials into the smelter itself. Collector tubes take the material to a refining process and from there to an underground facility to be put in containers.

Recommendations:
    Primary Target - Smelting Process
    Option #1- Long term disabling
    Charges placed at the compacter/smelter/refining process machinery will disable the site for upwards of 3-4 months. I base this on the fact that the Clans do not have ready access to replacement machinery, forcing them to order from off-world. Two charges placed on each piece should be sufficient.
    Option #2 - Short term disabling
    Charges placed on the conveyer belts/collector tubes would stop production without destroying assets that may one day be needed by Omni-Mining. Also recommended is placing a charge at the base of the tower holding the Buckets coming from the mine itself.

Secondary Targets:
    Target #1: The Clans have set up a Storage Facility at 988x1864, in the NE corner. This is not readily visible, and is guarded by a single sentry and surrounded by a chain-link fence. Finished Product is stored here, pending transport. One charge should be sufficient to start a chain-reaction.
    Target #2: The unused mine entrance at the SW of the facility should be considered for a strike. While unused, the annoyance factor of its destruction makes it a worthwhile secondary target.
    Target #3: The presence of the hologram is noteworthy. Time constraints permitting, the investigation of this could prove worthy.

Raid Venue/Approach:
    The Roadways are definatly NOT recommended for use in the attack. Suggested approach would be either a fast repel from the crater edge or airborne assault from the south. With the Foreman as initiall target.

Force recommendations:
    One Heavy DD team would be the minimum recommended force used to strike this facility. Two teams would allow better force balance, and 3 or 4 teams would allow multiple targets struck simutanously. While the average sentry posted here is not very well trained/expirienced, they are well known for their toughness and persistance.

Submitted by:
    Chief Warrant Officer Gunfytr
    2nd Pathfinders Det.

*Pathfinders: When u absolutely HAVE to have something blown up overnight!*
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Apr 10th, 2008 at 04:57:30.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

City of Jobe - The Markets. Steely looked around the market square of the floating city, absent mindedly tapping his apartment acess card against his right leg. Having spent so much time living rough since his arrival on R.K, he'd entirely forgotten that he even owned one.
    he couldnt remember if he'd left an iron on, or food in a fridge, if it even had a fridge that is. and if there was food, had it evolved into another life form after all these years of neglect. Perhaps some sort of giant, ravenous people eater that he could let loose on Rome, or settle the Bori question with once and for all.

Steely had come across his apartment key inside a box of improvised exposive devices he had stashed in his bank. how it had gotten mixed up with them was a mystery. But since he found it. he though it best to go look. after all. He'd been voted onto the Council Of Truth Clerical Staff, so an apartment my be a bit handy for holding impromtu meetings ect ect. in short, he was getting a little civilized.

3 apartment blocks, and much swearing later. steely finally found the right complex and the right door. Swiping his card, the door opened 5 inches then jammed. He frowned and shook his head. Reaching out, he grabbed the door with both hands and reefed it open. Looking down , he saw why the door had jammed,
    It was dust, ankle deep all through the empty apartment.

"Bloody hell. what a crap load of dust. I'd better clean up and furnish the place."
    Steely tapped his fingers against the wall. the apartment didnt have a vacume cleaner or even a broom.

"I Guess i should call R.U.R, they seem to be the only mob on rk that sell anything even remotely related to dust removal" quickly he spoke into his comm's. RPbot, put me through to R.U.R.

Xenoclast "Steelyglint" Arai

Rising Phoenix

"RUR Sales, Val speaking, how can I help you?"

"Yes, of course we do vacuum cleaners Mr Glynt, we are famous for them."

"Glynt is not your surname? Oh is see, Steelyglynt is all one word. My mistake."

"Anyway Mr Glynt, what you want is the DLK-2000. This is our vacuum cleaner bot, and trust me , it sucks! Powerful yet, discreet the DLK-2000's QPT brain allows it to make snap decisions as to when it is appropriate to start cleaning and when the humans would rather be left alone. Not only that, but now the DLK-2000 is also safe to leave with young children and small pets!"

"Yes, goldfish, too."

"The DLK-2000 comes as standard with 16 RD QPT processor, twin Roger-Roger jollyflaps, Nickelodeon v8.2 magnetic refrompinator, 'Last Dance' spheretropic synthesizer, gyroscopic paramorphic stablisers. "

"What do you mean, 'what is a reformpinator'? Is this a crank call? Oh please, not another crank call, a really need to make my sales quota this month or I'll lose the desk by the window."

"Hello?... Hello?"
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

29480.Elysium.

"Are you sure we are not going to get in trouble with this?"
    "Shhh"
    Five figures walked thrue the hills. Carefull, trying not to be spotted.
    The first person was not ready to drop the matter yet.
    "Cant we just play 'put the tail on the donkey' instead of 'put the moustache on the CEO'?"
    "Eeod, shut up. Slaarti doesn't get married every week, and we have to give him a stag night he'll never forget."
    "I don't like that Panderson. I think Slaarti hasn't thought things over very wel. I mean, how long do they know each other after all?"
    "that doesn't matter. Panderson has a nice job at the Bay (of Rome) Watch, and Slaarti is doing very well in the bandages department in RUR. Together they can afford a very nice appartment in Omni Ent. Who are we to meddle with happynes?"
    The third person said "O.k., this is a good spot. Eeod, do that Pet Warp thing of yours."
    As the engineer performed his warp a slayerdroid materialised with strapped to its back a statue of a man leaning on an axe.
    "Put it right there. Yes. Bit to the right! Excelent!"
    "Hahaha, we're going to have so much fun tonight!..."

"who has the fake moustache?"
    *giggle*
    --Victor "Eeod" Linear. R.U.R. Engineer --
    Hath not a machine gears?
    Hath not a machine cogs, racks, pinions, cutters, bearings, spindles?
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?
    If you program us, do we not manufacture?
    If you take us apart, do we not shoot springs all over the floor?
    If you oil us, do we not purr?
    And if you ignore us.......... Do we not get ideas?

After a couple weeks back on Rubi Ka. Spent almost entirely in her office catching up on paperwork. Lasliana finally finds time to search out her apartment again.

Lasliana walks up to the door, and swipes her card through the interface.
    The door whooshes open...
    The skeleton of a rollerrat rolls out...

'huh, i didnt expect that....'

A Tumbleweed rolls out...

'I expected that though...'

Looking into the gloom of the apartment it seemed that every surface was covered with a layer of dust. Light bulbs had gone in the ceiling spot lights, the plants had died, and the paintings on the walls had faded.

'Hmm...this place needs a good clean, fixing up and refurbishing....'

Her comm link starts to emitt strange sounds before fizzling and puffing out a small line of smoke...

'Oh crap not that as well...'

she pulled it off and hurled it at the bin, it exploded on impact blowing up the bin and sending metal shards out in a small blast radius.

'Bloody hell! Things just arent going my way today..'

Turning around Lasliana leaves her apartment and locks it behind her...

'Looks like i need to go visit someone about a vacuum bot and some new furnishings.'

She heads down the street towards the Grid Terminal to start her journey to the RUR facility, in hope she can buy some of the things she needs there...
    Last edited by Lasliana; Apr 13th, 2008 at 12:28:37.

Just a few more days work and I can afford that new symbiant.
    Just going check the pricetag on it one more tim...
    Why are all those people looking at the Miir shop?
    Have to take a look
    Oh. Look at that dreamy dress!
    It would be perfect next weekend, and they got shoes that match to.
    Dress or symbiant...
    They got yellow hot-pants to!

Just a few more weeks work and I can afford that new symbiant...
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Oooooook. Steely muttered to himself, his eyebrows raised at his comms. refrompinator's, processor's, desk by the windows. what was that woman gibbering about?. all he wanted was a simple vacume cleaner that turned on, turned off and removed dust. He thought she must of had hearing problems cause when he'd asked about it's width for storage, the woman replied with goldfish.

Taking a deep breath, he tried again.

Xenoclast "Steelyglint" Arai

Rising Phoenix

Wandering around in his office, with a cup of Java in his hand, Nadab waits patiently for the grid-call to go through. After a few minutes his computer *beeps*.

"Pathfinders HQ, how may I route your call, " comes a voice from the computer. "Alexsi Stefanovich to speak with the Chief, please." "One moment while I connect you," replies the voice.

A tired and bedraggled looking male appears on the screen, Yes?" "Hey Chief, that matter we discussed before?..... It's a go, saddle up and be on standby for the next 72-96 hours. I managed to get some funding out of the General." "Really," replies the face in the screen, a large grin begins to appear on his face. Shouting over his shoulder off screen, "BEER! Wake up the team, lock-n-load..... We get to go Boom-Boom some stuff!" A loud and boisterous yell is heard in the background, "YeeeeHaaaa!!! 'bout friggin time!"

Smiling at the man in the screen, "I contact you 4 hours prior to launch. There will be affiliate teams in the area so be sure to check your IFF. I want your teams to plant the charges we discussed and then serve as back-up for the strike teams. Oh... and I may have some other work for you. We need to meed face to face. Check your schedule and get back to me. " "Nadab out. Good Luck Gunney!"

Nadab sits back from the screen, and sips on his Kava. "This is going well," he muses to himself. "Sure, it's gonna cost me some funds, but I get big points with the Brass and the Board. Might even get me re-instated to active duty. Gawd, I hate being a Pogue in that damn office!"

Suddenly Nadab sits upright! Musing to himself out loud, "Hmmmm, I wonder if these Pathfinders are as good as they claim to be. I wonder if they do 'wetwork'? They might be the ones to bring in that Nuser b****!!!!! Tindamir, my friend, you are not forgotten and you will be avenged!"

Nadab gets up from the computer, gathers his gear and heads out of his office. A few seconds later, a shimmering occurs in an obscure corner of his office. A woman appears dressed in agent black cammos. Touching her comm-unit on her wrist, she cryptically says "Project NLF proceeding as planned Director. Gunparts out!"
    Last edited by Nadab; Apr 16th, 2008 at 19:10:33. Reason: grammer
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Dear Mr Xenoclast "Steelyglint" Arai,

Thank you for your enquiry about purchasing a RUR DLK-2000 vacuum cleaner robot.

Unfortunately we are having an unusual, unprecedented even, problem fulfilling your order. I guess there is no way easy way of putting this so I will just say it; it appears none of our robots wish to work for you. Normally our robots are more than eager to get to work, but in this instance not even promises of memory of upgrades and extra oil rations seem to help.

So I must ask you, do you perhaps have a history of robot abuse or computer rage? It may surprise you to learn, but robots do talk to each other, quite a lot actually. People don't notice it because robots can exchange huge of data in micro-seconds, but if have been involved in incident in the past, word could have spread within the robot community rather quickly. And that might explain their reluctance to take employment with you.

I am sure this is all a misunderstanding which we can sort out. In the meantime, please accept this wooden broom as token of our good faith.

Best regards,

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

((OMFG!!! They heard about the Backpack abuse!!!! *falls on floor* ROFL!!)))
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Eeod sat on an empty RUR-cola keg, and looked at the side table that was assinged to him as temporarely desk. On it was a huge pile of speeding tickets.
    "funny how Omni-pol can measure subterrainian velocity nowadays... at least a third of these are dated after I got stuck in my lab.

His eye fell on a yellow sticky note. It was a memo from the head of R&D.

To all RUR employees who work at the HQ: please note that the repo man took the air conditioning unit back because, apparently, we fell behind on the payments. This is still no excuse not to wear pants at work. -Dabblez

"Well, lets get to work!"
    --Victor "Eeod" Linear. R.U.R. Engineer --
    Hath not a machine gears?
    Hath not a machine cogs, racks, pinions, cutters, bearings, spindles?
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?
    If you program us, do we not manufacture?
    If you take us apart, do we not shoot springs all over the floor?
    If you oil us, do we not purr?
    And if you ignore us.......... Do we not get ideas?

Roses are red
    violets are blue
    dear miss TheM..mmmhum
    I love you!

To Sir Mr. Miir.

I'm writing to you about your summer collection. Been looking over your shop in Newland and it looks like youhave put up last years collection.
    I'm sure this have been done by mistake, but I'm sending this just in case you haven't been informed about it.
    Haven't been to the others yet, so I don't know how it is there
    Hope you will sort this out soon.

Lise
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

a broken angel
    wings cut, bleeding on the ground
    oh she loves her so
    Last edited by Keanne; Jul 5th, 2008 at 07:41:51. Reason: syllables, syllables *mumbles*

Exclamation

A fat reporter wakes up in the middle of Newland Desert. He is groggy and looks around to get his bearings.

"Where the hell am I?"

He stands up, wearing his familiar 'crat suit which is now dirty due to the surrounding dirt and sand.

"How did I get here?"

His years of experience in journalism aren't enough to suppress the shock when he opens a COMM and to his amazement he find himself back on Rubi-Ka.

Months have passed since he had left the planet on his way to sign a new contract with a corporate media company to cover Galactic News.

He struggles to remain calm, he knows his way around and within the hour knows his exact location and decides to head to Newland City.

He is not hungry or thirsty; no marks on his body that he could tell. A mystery, and at the same time, a new story for him to investigate. Always the inquisitive journalist even now in an unexpected situation.

As he approaches the city walls he sees people riding what seem to be hoverboards and hoverbikes. Since when did Yalmaha Co. built those? could the yalm market have declined and they had to tap a new market? another thing to investigate.

The neutral guards ignore him, they don't recognize him. He's been away too long.

"Alright, first things first. Let's see if I still have a job."

It takes him an hour to get a COMM line offworld, and less than two minutes with some solitus secretary to find out the answer. He never arrives for his meeting with the company and since they never heard from him again they hired someone else. His reputation became tarnished by his absence and the attention he had worked so hard to acquire over his years of reporting was lost.

Back on Rubi-Ka, back to square one.

"I'm going to find out who did this to me, and then... I'll put his face on the six o'clock gridfeed for the whole universe to see what when Noticiero is involved, the truth comes out. Another Rubi-Ka exclusive...yeah."

It is never a good thing to piss off the media, at least... that is what he is thinking as he walks into Newland's whompah.

Nikaia sits on her chair "classifying" letters for RuR in her usual joyful mood. Not paying attention about the temperature, way over the safe levels since the air conditioning got taken.

"Shred shred shred, the trouble away from our minds !"

She stops a moment to look at her hands. Her knuckles hurts lately and she doesn't know why.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

bitter tears again
    falling, unwanted, to ground
    watching the blue moon

*A buzzer rings in the distance, so getting up from the balcony and wonders back to the door of the apartment and opens the door*

Uh wha'?

*looks around to see no one around before noticing the parcel at his feet*

*raises an eyebrow, and gives the box a quick tap of his*

Hmm, I wonder.

*takes the box inside and puts it on the table in the lounge*

*gives the box a quick scan of his deck before proceeding to unwrap it*

Ohh, it's finally arrived!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

a light blue comfort
    her chemical happiness
    smiling to the world

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast