Thread: Meanwhile on Rubi-Ka...

Salivice sat back and admired his handiwork. He was no tailor, nor a toymaker, to be sure, but It looked KINDA like a teddy bear. and it definetly wouldn't be falling apart any time soon. He made sure of that.
    The stuffing was lumpy, and the stitching showed in several places, and the head was kinda deformed. But it was soft and cuddly.

Wasn't perfect, but it was the best he could do.
    He grinned. "This'll get her for sure."
    Dr. Lasal Gerrick, PhD Advanced Nanotechnology

Lance-Corporal Jonathan "Salivice" Bixby
    http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...on=show&id=446

Salivice looked at the small globe in his hands. What if she found out? All that he knew? All he remembered? It would all be ruined... Somehow, the risk didn't seem to matter to him, though. He gritted his teeth, raised the globe above his head, and then threw it down at his feet. It shattered into a billion pieces. He shuddered, as his vision blurred and faded, and found himself standing in a meadow. Looking to his side, he saw Her, saw Velysia. She was smiling and singing to herself. Then he found himself looking at a great city, filled with a people that were strange, and yet somehow familiar. The Xan. Then there was a great flash of terrible light, and he saw waters coming. A great despair welled up inside him as the city was drowned around him, as he watched the people who seemed so familiar wither and die. Looking up, he saw ships flying through the air, leaving. One or two did not make it. Another never left its pad. He felt a wail of despair rising in his throat, and soon it burst out of him. In panic, he recognized that wail. It was the wail of the Spirits of the Shadowlands.
    The interior of his apartment came back into view slowly. The vision had left Salivice breathless, without energy, and shaking all over. His skin flushed in terror, and his jaw slack. He breathed hard. Then he saw the bead. The Vision Stone that was said to be at the center of these orbs. He took it in his hands, and knew...
    This is for Her.

Julia took a deep breath. The sweet scent of nature made her relax.
    Well, that is how she is.
    She turns her comm.unit off, puts it on the grass, and lays down. The medusas whispers calmed her even more.
    She could hear someone messing and shooting somewhere near, but she just didnt care.
    All she had in her little mind, was someone, that she trusted and could even give her life on this person's hands.
    "Yeah.. This is good.."
    She slowly and calmly falls into sleep.
    *Giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Now that my /RP partner is back, I'm sure stuff will pick up a bit. <3
    ~[[ Trying to be active on forums. ]]~

Salivice was exhausted. He had never been so glad to see his little apartment.

Things were getting dangerous. The clanner doubted his goodwill. He had let his guard down. It must not happen again.

Mirura stood in front of the holorecorder and cleared her throat, checking that the feed quality was stable and the audio was clear. She had tidied up the living room a little, and Agrestus sat on the couch in the background. Bracing herself, she started the recording.

"Whoever you are that finds this datadisc, please, deliver it to the ICC by any means and have it forwarded to ex-Sol system pilot Joel Harrada, ID 2627HDA. Only he knows the password with which the rest of this recording can be accessed."

She paused to allow for editing the recording and cleared her throat again.

"Hi dad, I hope you have received this disc somehow. I know it's probably a bit of a surprise, after six years of being declared deceased, but.. Well, I'm alive. It's the 26th of August, 29483 out here on Rubi-Ka. We made it down here, it was a bit of a mess, and there isn't much left of the ship except some junk out in the desert.. But we made it regardless. Oh, right, you've probably recognised captain Harry Wright back there by now. He's a minister here in Newland now, and we actually got engaged back on the Endeavour. We're going to get married once we have some issues back here sorted out. I lost contact with ICC when we had the bumpy landing, kinda drifted around a few years until I got reunited with Captain Wright by sheer coincidence. We've stuck together ever since, and things have been slowly looking up.
    I guess I just wanted to let you know how things really went. I've missed you and everyone else sorely. We're trying to scrape up enough money to afford a ride back home some day, we'd want nothing more than that right now. We might even consider returning to our ICC positions when we make it back.
    If Emily is still around, send her my regards. She was always the best.
    I can't wait to see all of you again! Much love from both of us.
    Milly Harrada, 2528HDA out."

She took a deep breath and ended the recording, post-processed and encrypted the file and uploaded it on a secure datadisc.

With tired eyes Julia was watching the suns fall behind the hills in Perpetual Watelands.
    Soon, she would be ready to go back, back to see the scoffering glares of the people.
    Yes, she did screw up, many times.
    But she believed in second chances.
    As the silence falls, only a dark figure could be seen leaving the Tranquility, running through Perpetual Wastelands, trying to find something, that could never been found.
    With glimmering green eyes she keeps on watching the moon rising, trying to find the answer from there.

"At last, im here..." She whispers.
    *Giggle*

Eeod shoved a little note under the door.

To the mailroom;

Hi guys,

I need a lot of brown paper and rope.
    Can you help me with that?

regards,

Eeod
    --Victor "Eeod" Linear. R.U.R. Engineer --
    Hath not a machine gears?
    Hath not a machine cogs, racks, pinions, cutters, bearings, spindles?
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?
    If you program us, do we not manufacture?
    If you take us apart, do we not shoot springs all over the floor?
    If you oil us, do we not purr?
    And if you ignore us.......... Do we not get ideas?

Leaning back in her chair, the General wondered how the press manage to get their articles out faster than she can hit the submit button on her internal reports...

She rubbed her temples. Five hours since the Council finished... And I'm still at it. She looked at her checklist.

Compile vote results: done
    Update to membership list: done
    Update to forum access: done
    Minutes release, public and restricted versions: done
    Press release: done
    Check news: done
    Hug Kotts and the kids:

The last item, still unchecked, was always present on her to-do list, serving as a reminder of why she was serving the Council. It was also, sadly, a reminder of how often this item got pushed back at the bottom of her to-do list.

She turned her holopad off and left the Happy Rebel. The hissing doors of the Orbital Station opened to the sounds of the twins, arguing. Kieran and Sai were debating who would have the leet doll, though they had very different views of what would be done with it.

Cher sniffed out, grinning. "Kids..."

She was smiling widely.
    Yes, now she wanted to play, but she couldnt find the 'ball of wool' this time.
    Julia was turning from side to other on her apartment's floor.

"Who am i gonna play with, next...?"

She purrs.

"Yesss..."
    *Giggle*

A Big sabertooth cat was relaxing in the Backyard 15's waterfall in Old Athens.
    "I cant even remember who scratched me behind my ear last time, before yesterday..." She thinks.
    Last edited by Ciyanid; Sep 1st, 2009 at 12:05:17.
    *Giggle*

Encyros furtively exits his Manta Sportline to the sound of sordid water gushing below. Looking over his surroundings; satisfied that he is as yet unseen he activates his cloaking device and walks promptly towards the outfall pipe, past a dilapidated metal shack.

He hears a sound.

The nearby flicker of a dying neon bulb sends him swiveling round, leveling his rifle at the source. He lets out an anxious sigh and, hoping that the alarm was unwarranted - hoping for a distraction, he turns his gaze with tepid interest towards the comm that formerly was fastened secure to Larnue's wrist.

He lowers his gaze and watches the current of the pump meet with that of the Stret. Across, the black, imposing buildings of Omni-1 HQ jut out from a light morning mist. He hurls the device from his hand.

Seeing the comm begin its sure journey downstream, he turns to leave...

Mirura stared at the Rubi-Kan map on the computer screen in front of her, empty coffee cup in hand; the entire Tir County had been crossed out, and she struck a red line through the north section of 4 Holes. Agrestus began to wake up in the adjacent room, she could see him stirring in bed from the open doorway. But no sleep for her that night, she had work to do, and she needed to get results fast. The sheer thought of Sevarto's anger motivated her to think her hardest. No sightings or comm traces from Gun or the others yet, no ransoms or other demands from the abductors. She nibbled on the end of the stylus she used to mark notes on the screen. One thing she knew for certain - Encyros would have an unfortunate appointment with both her fist and Torletti once they'd be tracked down.

"Larnue, you dumb bitch, how do you always get into a mess like this?", she muttered to herself, drawing large red circles around southern 4 Holes and Stret East, and question marks next to them.
    She poured herself another coffee, shut down her computer and walked into the bedroom to give Agrestus's cheek a kiss. On the way out, she grabbed her helmet and hoverbike keys.
    Morning rays of sun were peeking through the curtains.

Mary sat on the floor in the mailroom.
    Beside her was a empty paintbox and a huge stable of brown paper

- Now to wait for it to dry

Eeod
    Your brown paper and rope is waiting for you in the mailroom

RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

"Exploding robots? Why is everyone always so concerned about RUR robots exploding on them?" Dabblez shakes her head.

Val from Sales replies "I don't know, but that is what our customers seem most concerned about with regards to our robots."

"But it makes no sense!" protests Dabblez. "Honestly, when compared to injuries caused to RUR customers by electrocution, accidental crushing and radiation poisoning, injuries due to exploding robots are so insignificant, they are barely worth mentioning."
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Heavy sigh echoed in Julia's apartment, as the sabertooth was laying there, thinking..

"Why not even a single scratch behind the ear...? He said that my fur is soft and- and-"

The big cat lets out a long sigh.

"Why am i thinking this...?"

She rolls to other side, and falls asleep.
    *Giggle*

After yet another threat from Omni Pol through a public radio channel Eeod decided to stick a note on the anouncement board in the Rome green advanced shop.

Nanomage engineer seeking Legal Representation.

I am having a hard time dealing with fraudulent Law Enforcers.

PST to Victor Linear. (callsign: Eeod)
    Last edited by Eeod; Sep 4th, 2009 at 18:21:48.
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?

Julia falls on her couch and closes her eyes. It was a good evening. No, Good's not the word.
    This evening was wonderful.
    She chuckles and lets out a long and soft sounding purr.

"Yeah, I like him..."

She could still hear the waterfall in her ears as she falls asleep...
    *Giggle*

" Well, that was a interesting meeting..."
    Julia steps out from Neuters and stops the recording on her datapad. How much info can ya get, just by holding a pistol at someone's face..
    She chuckles.
    After a while, as she's back at her apartment in Old athens, she starts to listen for the recording...

" Blacke: Ok, Well, if they do what i told them, they will be using Appartement complex nine as a rally point..."
    " Blacke: Watch out for snipers, I gave them the location of many buildings that can be used as observation points"
    " Blacke: Guard the grid, that'll be their evac way..."

The recording goes on, but Julia starts to think..

Omni-AF.. Why the Hell would they attack Athens just like that...

She rewinds a bit...

" Blacke: They will either get in trough some road or teleport in the city, not been descided yet..."
    " Blacke: Their secondary back up location will be appartement six... just besside the grid"
    " Blacke: One last thing, they have a man inside, he'll let them use his appartament as a hiding spot, in case things got real wrong..."

"Blacke: I'll contact you as soon as i know more..."

Julia yawns.

"Im gonna look at this tomorrow..."
    Last edited by Ciyanid; Sep 6th, 2009 at 03:43:50.
    *Giggle*

"No, I didn't know she was a reporter. She told me she could help me!
    When I found out she wasn't a lawyer it was already too late. The damage was done!"

"Yes i signed a paper. She told me to. What was i to do? Refuse?"

Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast