Thread: Meanwhile on Rubi-Ka...

"...There."

Lucetta Phoenix had set up the last of the hidden cameras. She stood up, pleased with her work, and walked back into the city.

"I wonder if it's true..." she thought to herself.

Julia walkes through Old Athens, giggling hysterically.
    At backyard 15, she leaps to the first door on the row, and unlocks it.
    Inside she jumps on her sofa, and kicks her boots on the floor.
    Julia runs her finger on her lips, licks the finger and smiles wickedly.

"Gotcha.."
    *Giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Now that my /RP partner is back, I'm sure stuff will pick up a bit. <3
    ~[[ Trying to be active on forums. ]]~

Regarding mission assignment 243852:
    Sir.
    I managed to retrieve the sensitive information that you misplaced but before I hand it over there is a few things.
    You neglected to tell me that it was water on the floor in that place.
    My shoes are ruined!
    The place was also not deserted as your assignment lead me to believe
    There was also an Enforcer in there that refused to step aside. This resulted in two...TWO! broken nails.
    I demand compensation for this.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Stars were shining brightly as Julia arrived to the Pumpkin Patch in Clon****.
    She sat down, and lowered her head, as she heard another big sized wolf approach.
    Behind the big wolf, she could hear other wolves come closer. Soon, she could hear them gathering around her, grunting and sniffing her.
    She looked up, and saw her father, old greywolf looking at her.
    As the younger ones started threatening Julia, the leader's daughter, she knew, it was gonna be rough trip for her, to fight her way to be a strong leader of the pack.
    She knew she had no chances, she would not survive this.
    The leader of the pack howled, and the wolves were ready to go, except Julia.
    She was exhausted already, because of her run from the treehouse to Clon****. Yes, the treehouse, where she said goodbye to someone really important to her. She licked her lips and sighed.
    With heavy steps she stood up and started running, staying behind the younger wolves.
    After running from Clon**** to Galaway Shire, Julia looked at the Rome Gates with sad, tearful eyes. Yes, she had to sacrifice something, to achieve something bigger.
    For Julia, this was not the bigger achievement, it was her father's will.
    As they stopped to rest, and drink, Julia was not the leader's daughter anymore, she was no human, she was a wolf, that had to fight it's way to be the leader.
    At last, when she laid down on the grass, she couldnt sleep. All the bleeding wounds kept her awake.. She had to fight her way through the other wolves, just to get something to drink.
    No, she didnt wish this.. All she wanted, was a hug, and a cookie.
    *Giggle*

Julia was sitting on her couch, looking at the old dusty book on the floor.
    All pages ripped off, and some of them had foorprints on them.
    She started hugging her knees, hiding behind them, letting tears flow down her cheeks.
    She had never before admitted, that she was jealous, no.
    Just now it had hit her. Did she really walk past her luck, or did she refuse to see all doors opening to her, with new chances...
    Julia reaches out to take one of the pages from the other side of the couch, and reads the text on it.

"Wilt thou be gone? it is not yet near day:
    It was the nightingale, and not the lark,
    That pierced the fearful hollow of thine ear;
    Nightly she sings on yon pomegranate-tree:
    Believe me, love, it was the nightingale..."

She drops the page on the floor, and hides behind her knees again, crying like a little child.
    "Big girls dont cry, right..?"

She whispers through the tears: No, it could never work...
    Last edited by Ciyanid; Sep 13th, 2009 at 02:23:48.
    *Giggle*

A full week had passed in captivity and Mirura had lost track of time days ago. She snapped awake on the now all too familiar prison cell floor, feeling dizzy in her head, all over in cold sweat; the past 12 hours were a messy blur in her head. Something was off, she just couldn't seem to piece it all together, gather her thoughts into something coherent. It felt awfully similar to coming down from a heavy drug trip. Her hands were still restrained, she didn't even remember if they had been taken off in the whole time, and something had upset her enough that the cuffs had dug bloody bruises into her wrists.

She just couldn't remember what.
    Last edited by Mirura; Sep 13th, 2009 at 10:28:23.

Salivice walked home with his head positively buzzing.
    So much information to process, and he got the feeling time was running out.
    Dr. Lasal Gerrick, PhD Advanced Nanotechnology

Lance-Corporal Jonathan "Salivice" Bixby
    http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...on=show&id=446

The keycard reader bleebed and Julia stepped in her apartment.
    She threw her jacket on the floor, kicked her boots there too, and opend the second door.
    All she saw was a mess. Pages from the old book everywhere, few datapads here and there, paper and pencils on the table..
    But, she just ignored that. Now it was real time to think about this.

"..Omni kiss Clan.. "

No it didnt sound right.

"Oh dear, what a mess i have here again.. Such a temptation, but.."

She falls on the couch and sighs.

"Why cant i be like normal Clan girls in my age.." She frowns. "Right, i dont know how to be a *normal* 20 year old girl..."
    Last edited by Ciyanid; Sep 14th, 2009 at 02:02:21.
    *Giggle*

Lise looked over her report.
    This employee is clearly a security risk.
    She added a line at the end

I will request that reform look into this individual to see if they can help him sort his prioritys out

She pressed "send" and leaned back.
    Now to wait the answer from the director
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

There was an incoming call on a private channel. Eeod looked at the com to see who it was. When he saw that the call was made by Svetlana, he answered.

"Yes, how was the BoD meeting?"
    "How bad?"
    "And how did they respond to the fact that i never saw an original ticket in the first place?"
    "I see"
    "Driving under influence? I never..!"
    "Can they do that?"
    "I could build a robot to do that for me.."
    "Not permitted? But i'm an Engineer! how can they expect me to.."
    "Yes. I see."
    ...?
    "I'm going to Ergo. I'll present him his new bride, and maybe he can help me out."
    "Yes I know, but not more dangerous than the people of Omni Pol now?
    "Thanks, you too."
    ...?
    "I think somewhere next week."
    "Bye"
    --Victor "Eeod" Linear. R.U.R. Engineer --
    Hath not a machine gears?
    Hath not a machine cogs, racks, pinions, cutters, bearings, spindles?
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?
    If you program us, do we not manufacture?
    If you take us apart, do we not shoot springs all over the floor?
    If you oil us, do we not purr?
    And if you ignore us.......... Do we not get ideas?

The woman scowled as she looked out the viewport of her orbital apartment. Her cold blue nanomage eyes may have been gazing at The Morning Star in the distance, but they did not perceive it. Her mind was occupied with her own thoughts.

Her comm link buzzed. She twitched a finger in irritation and a valuable piece of spin art behind her shattered; its pieces falling to mingle with those of what had been an exquisite statuette. Her link continued to buzz for a nearly a full minute before she came out of her musing and connected the link.

"Excuse the intrusion, please," said a man's voice over the link. "But you wanted to know when Fox returned."

"Did he bring back the shade?", she asked, coolly.

"No, he..."

"Kill him." She dropped the link, returning to her thoughts. Behind her, a vase exploded into fine powder.
    Simoom - General of Third Faction - FREE BOREALIS!

Noelle wiped the grime and sweat from her brow with her sleeve. She was lying on her back in the service tunnel, splicing conduit back together. Her floating torch lit her work nicely, but the rest of the tunnel was lost in darkness. Faintly, she could hear steam hissing from pipes somewhere further down the line. It made the tunnel muggy.

There was not much damage to the dataline, but she was new to this kind of work and wanted to be sure she did it right. When she had found the fault, she knew why her supervisor had sent her out on this job. It was not a primary line, but one of the many backup lines feeding into Omni-HQ. Redundancy was the hallmark of the engineers in charge of this system. Chances were the line was never been used. On the other hand, if they had, it was only by underground groups like Black-Net. No one would have ever known of the damage had there not recently been a yearlong project to run a diagnostic run on the entire system.

When she had arrived and inspected the damaged bit of line, Noelle found it appeared to have been chewed, not cut. "Rollerrat," she muttered.

With the line now repaired, she reached into her bag and pulled out a line analyzer. The devices auto-splicer attached into the line and began running diagnostics immediately. Noelle knew it would take ten minutes to complete, so she crawled out from under the line and brushed herself off. She sat on the floor of the tunnel since there really was not enough room to stand, leaning against the wall. As the test ran, her mind wandered. She wondered about the tunnel. She wondered when it had been dug. She wondered how long it had been since someone had been down here.

Noelle started as she awoke suddenly to an alarm. It took a moment to remember where she was and that the alarm was only the analyzer alerting her it had finished. She groaned, feeling stiff as she once again crawled under the conduit and disconnected the device. A glance at the screen showed the test had completed successfully. She stuffed the analyzer in her back and crawled back out from under the conduit. Brushing herself off again, she started towards the access point and the city above.

Lise woke up just as tierd as when she went to bed.
    She had not been able to get yesterdays events out of her head.
    Blood, Leets, drugs.
    Poor creature. How could anyone do such a thing?

Now then, todays reports..man in mine 5 refuses to wear a helmet.. He will regret the day he was born
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

Julia glanced at the ceiling.

"If a girl likes the boy, but the boy not the girl..."

She smiles.

"It's gonna be broken heart.. Or then no."

Julia giggles.

"I'm from where the magic is
    I'll give you what I cannot take away with me
    And the sunlit day and moon
    I wanna have a silent kiss, I wanna make you mine,
    I'm thinking how... can't leave me now
    Stay with me somehow...."
    Last edited by Ciyanid; Sep 15th, 2009 at 11:27:23.
    *Giggle*

Noelle entered Omni-Trade from the service tunnel, surprised to find evening had come. She thought it had only taken about three hours to make that repair, but given the time it must have been more like six hours. As she entered her apartment, she began to frown in su****ion. She pulled the analyzer from her bag and checked it.

"Oh, la vache!" Noelle exclaimed, slipping back into her native french tongue. The analyzer showed it had taken nearly three and a half hours to complete that test. Her little nap had been for much longer than she had thought.

Noelle checked the device's log. Terabytes of data had been recorded. Normally, the test only took about seven gigabytes. The log stopped abruptly when the seven-hundred and sixty-eight terabytes of storage in the device had been exhausted. She looked over the packets recorded there, but they were unfamiliar to her. She knew what the test packets looked like and these were completely different.

Intrigued, Noelle fetched a box from a chest of drawers. Placing the box and analyzer on her kitchen table, she plugged a cable from the box into the top of the analyzer and switched the box on. She then began to make herself dinner while the box worked.

"You're up late," said a man's voice over her comm link.

"I need a favor," Noelle said. "I've been working on this for hours, but I can't get it."

"Let's have a look, then."

"No," she said. "Not over the grid. I've a funny feeling about this."

He chuckled over the link. "Getting timid, Highjinks?"

"Maybe. I'll drop it off on my way in tomorrow."

"Sure." She heard him yawn. "See you t'morrow."

"And you'll want...what for this?"

"That depends on how hard it is to crack. Probably dinner. If it's any sort of challenge, I'll get you to rub my shoulders, too."

"Rogue!" she replied, smiling.

"It's why you love me, isn't it?"

She switched off the link and went to bed.

Mirura materialized next to the Borealis Grid terminal, looking like a mess in her trousers and shirt, without guns or armor, comm device or tools. She waddled along the main street dizzily, squinting her eyes in the natural light she saw for the first time in a week and a half. She smelled like antiseptic solution.

"Well", she mumbled to herself as she arrived at the apartment complex 11 in Newland and entered an access code to the console beside the door. Agrestus wasn't home.
    "At least I got all night to think up a public explanation for this one."
    Last edited by Mirura; Sep 17th, 2009 at 01:42:38.

Julia stepped out from the Clan Basic store and bursted out laughing.

"Such a horrifying attack!"

As she walked to the BY15, she was thinking.

"Oh dear.. I still cannot understand the point of all that.. A bunch of Omni-AF guys pop at OA's basic store, telling me, that they want to negociate about something, and all i see, are four Omni's, dressed with whatever they happened to find from their wardrobes, trying to look convincing?
    And they dare to say; "When we see you on the battlefield in scrap armor guerilla tactics..""

She enters her apartment and throws her jacket on the fridge, kicks her boots to the corner and walks to her desk.

"Well, they did contrive in one thing..."
    She takes a bunch of papers out and starts to go through them.
    "...Ruining my evening, that was gonna turn into a very, and i mean very interesting night."
    *Giggle*

A big Sabertooth cat was laying on a red carpet, it's head between it's paws, watching closely at the male opifex sleeping on the bed.
    Everytime the cat heard snoring, a small smile appeared on it's lips.
    Closing it's eyes, the cat started thinking.

"Why is it so wrong to like someone that is from the other side.. Damn, He's as much person as i am... Besides it's nothing serious. We just happen to be really close friends, enjoying the company of each other."

She closes her eyes and smiles.

"Why am i even thinking this?"
    *Giggle*

A leet slowly wanders out of Ergos cave. It wobbles down the trail and around the bend. Suddenly it morphs into a panicked Lawdog and just as quick, morphs into a bird. The Bird flys quickly into the air and heads for the UnRedeemed Garden as fast as he can.

'Boss, you copy?? We have a situation!'

'Whats going on? Whats happened?'

'I was watching Ergo, and Eeod came into the Lair. He had some kind of balloon looking thing on a string. '

'What??"

'Anyway, he and Ergo got into some kind of argument. I couldnt get close enuff to hear it all, but it was something about a Bride for Ergo! I think thats what the balloon thing was. Does the name "Irma" mean anything to you?'

'Irma? No, not that I.....ok, so what happened?'

'Looked like they got into an argument , Ergo sounded Pissed off! Anyway, they were goin back and forth and all of the sudden, there was a flash and Eeod was gone!'

Allright, get back here. This could get messy. Im gonna let Omni-Pol and Int-Ops know what happened. Maybe this will convince them that Ergo and his Guardian cronies are dangerous.'

'Copy that Boss, on my way back'

"I got some calls to make.'

He sits up in his chair, flipping thru his rolodex. Hmm..wonder if I should let RUR know that Eeod wont be in to work, today? Gun shakes his head. 'Eeod, what have you done now?"
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Sep 20th, 2009 at 21:53:55.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

- I want...that one!
    Mary pointed at the catalogue page
    - That will look nice. Please send the bill to R.U.R.
    Ok, Miss, the man said. - Please drive your vehicle into the garage so we can get started
    Mary did as he said, and sat down to read a magazine while she waited
    After a few minutes the man came in again.
    - Miss? Are you sure this is what you want? It's alittle..unushual...
    Mary confirmed it and the man went back to his work.

An hour later a loud honk could be heard
    Mary smiled. Finally she could honk against tickets too.
    Granted, the battery took up most of the space in her post trolly, but she just had to take a few more trips to deliver the post.

**HONK**
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast