Thread: Reclaiming at a wrong place... did someone already go through this??

Red face Reclaiming at a wrong place... did someone already go through this??

I was pulling a few missions in Clon**** tonight, with the intent of Gridding near the first one and then simply run to the others. So I do my blitz in the first cave, nothing wrong with it, white cave, grab the item and go out. It had an 'underwater' entrance, btw, making the place easy enough to recognize without confusion (see below).

Then when running to my second mission, having to cross about a good quarter of the playfield to go there, I all of a sudden LD a few paces away from the cave entrance (surrounded by Mambas that were conning deep red to me). Not that it's the first time it happens, so I simply restart the game, hoping that said Mambas didn't have the time to kill me in the meantime.

First thing I notice when logging again is that my HP & NP bars are at their half on the screen, leading me to think I was killed. Then I notice I'm not at the reclaim booth in Rome, where I had last saved, but in *water*. At the exact location of the entrance to the first cave I had visited tonight. All of this with a nifty little message in my chat window: "Your remains have been made available" yadda yadda [insert custom swearing here].

So here I was, swimming in Clon**** in deep rez shock, surrounded by Royal Reets and other funny things, all runbuffs and HoTs gone, with nothing else than a *lockpick* in my inventory, and far from having enough nanopool to cast a Reckless...

I just /terminated, and this time respawned back in Rome.

It was the first time it happened to me in 4 months... Is this a 'known bug', a lag problem, anything else... or am I the only one having experienced this?...
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

I had experience the same warping problem today as well. I got warped back to a RM bully and was dead before i could move again.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

I've had 2 similar incidences. Once was because of a broken save terminal, but since /terminate worked properly that's not what happened to you.

My second experience was also with a death caused by going LD. Same result - I was rezzing with only NoDrops left in inventory but was still in the mission where I had died. That happened to me back in October. This is the first report like it that I've heard since.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

If you saved in W Athen you might end up in the forest near there, and the zoning was being weird too after that. It might have been fixed now though as I have not had that bug happen anymore.

Yuck. If this was an 'October bug', thought it'd be solved since then, but well...

Other odd thing that happened to me several times already was to be... unable to run further in a zone. Latest exemple of this was when running back from a mission in this abandoned mine in the mountains N/E of Galway County... I would run between the mountains, but then at the moment when I reached the plains, I was warped back to the mine's entrance. This going on several times, and even logging out didn't solve the problem. And it wasn't like Wonderland, because all monsters were still around. It wasn't dangerous this time, but it got me killed twice (in Clon**** again) last week...

*shrugs* Oh well...

There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Happened to me and someone else that teamed with me.
    Only difference was that after we got back in we had to get out again since not even zoneing was giving us the items in the reclaim.
    Proud member of Circle G.
    We solve your problems on Rubi-Ka 1.(if the price is right)

This happened to me 5 or 6 times in the span of 2 days a few weeks ago during abnormally high lag.

I would either log back in, dead.. without items in the mission, one time I received a playshift error. Or, I would log back in badly hurt with items but in a sort of phantom res-shock. Stats looked normal but I could not cast anything.. receiving you need XX whatever to execute this nano.. and eventually receiving You cannot execute nanoprograms at this time. Walking out of the mission would cure it.

Don't think I lost XP in either case though.

Sounds like...

Often when you are linkdead, you are linkdead for several seconds or even minutes before the client figures it out, decides it can't get through the to server, and quits the game back to the launcher with that 'You have been disconnected' message. Basically during this time, your client and the server are out of synch. This is why you'll be moving, see yourself moving, then go linkdead and when you come back, you're back where you started from. Your client wasn't sending the movement info successfully to the server, and the server is where your position is stored.

This sounds like what happened to you, only in between desynching and disconnecting you died. It probably disconnected you and 'faded' your character out of the game during the 'white light' part of the death sequence where you haven't actually zoned back to reclaim yet. That's why you logged back in at the place you died, even though you really had died and were in rez shock.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Dharien - Ah yeah, had forgotten *this one* as well. Happened just once, but I was damn surprised to receive this "you need XXX Time & Space to use this item" when I wasn't even under attack, stats normal and all, and just wanted to use a miserable little nanopack... Not sure on this, but it seems to me that it happened at the same moment than the mine's episode.

Jynne - If this is what happened to me, then I must have been LD for more than 5 minutes at least... the time to run from my first mission to the second, where I was certainly killed...

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have writtend 'LD' in my first post, for in fact it was the game that had crashed, and I had to reboot the comp - even gave me the 'you have a character active on the server' message when I launched AO again. What surprised me also is that, technically speaking, no MOB could have killed me where I respawned - it was in water, under some rocks, and I don't think I've ever seen/hear monsters beginnnig to attack in that kind of setup? ((If I'm wrong, please tell me! I'm always ready to collect odd info on this world LOL))

There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Ah, I didn't know you'd crashed.

Since it was a crash and your character remained 'logged in' for X amount of time even though you weren't playing it, all bets are off. That situation rarely happens to me and so I have no first-hand experience that would let me speculate about what happened to you.

Sorry you died though
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

I guess I'll have to live with it, is all... though the traumatism of this experience will take long, long time to be wiped off my memories

I didn't lose anything else than time anyways ^_^

But I'd really have liked to find out *what* caused the problem... random bug, or something else.

/me shrugs

There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Actually, this may not be so rare after all. Found a reference to this over in the PvP forum: Megameta and exploits?.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops