Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to Beat fixers - As a soldier

Is there something wrong with having your profession having a weakness?

Oh right, you're an agent....

the same prof who wanted to use ncu buffs, HoTs, smg buffs and NCU hacker interfaces in FP. A love patch is not your patch.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

can't agents, go trader/mp, debuff us? just a thought.
    211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

Whats funny is FC in their infinite wisdom nerf bracers but leave GA as is in next patch. So basically fixers can run around with 0 risk of dieing but now they will actually be a threat too. Ah well enjoy godmode kids, it will either come too an end soon or FCs employers might find themselves looking for new jobs in the near future.

godmode is a well deserved reward for the original fixers who had nothing at one stage (only the ability to run away)
    but they should stripe grid armor of the little feckers who all decided to make fixer alts for pvp and steal grid armor from the old fixers who have needed GA for a long time :PP

Xthril im 199 :P and your running like a h0 example is a good way to indicate your arena fighting style u stay to fight the poor soldiers like nothingman cuase u can root them and know u can win nearly 100% of time but u see a smurf and click the little button in omni arena to escape. *risk free* lets see u bring novice to 2ho or mmd or camelot some day eh? cuase i cant find any novices or above in camelot or 2ho to kill nowadays. bitery runs into 2ho bunkers zones abit does a few alphas then bunker hops abit then runs back to whompa. he is the only novice i have seen and he is very hard to kill with mk up and his zoning "skills" :|

Neophyte Hotpanties
    lvl 199 clan fixer rk1
    Member of Storm

godmode is a well deserved reward for the original fixers who had nothing at one stage (only the ability to run away)
    No one is deserving of "godmode" It makes the game un-fun for alot of people. If i played a fixer, to me anyways, it would get pretty old to win every fight, or be able to determin every fights outcome before it even starts.

I spent 2 hours in MMD yesturday fighting everyone from Sodie, to highjack to proteas, all of whome were unkillable.

I do understand that classes have deficiencies, but, the power of GA4, is quite unmached.... I was the one attacking them, because I felt like having fun, and PvPing. At one point I stoped to take a screenshot, because there were 6 or 7 clan smurfs in MMD, all at once...

If you know me, you know I am a reasonable person, and I dont flame people, and such, (so I wont) but I do think that GA4 isnt in check with alot of professions abilities. I'm not calling for a nerf, but I am saying that Fixers need to relize this, and keep that in mind when they fight people.

For somone to tell me that I suck, or insult me personally (In game that is) because there is no way I can kill a fixer w/o outside help, is rediculus. Fixers have power against alot of classes... but to say that anyone deserves godmode, becuse they have suffered in the past, is quite a questionalbe statement.

It would also seem that the ones who can kill fixers are the ones who can kill most other people as well. Traders, docs (cant nessacarily kill a fixer but wont die fighting one) mp, nts, etc...

/me will shut up now and humbly wait for his professions patch

As to the original poster, as a soldier, beating a fixer with grid armor has very low odds....
    Last edited by Skymarshal; Aug 29th, 2002 at 16:05:29.
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Jesus H Christ, FFS, I am so goddamn tired of morons deeming GA to be "godmode".

You know what? NO, soldiers cannot beat a fixer in GA unless the fixer is stupid. But this crap ends there.

God mode my ass. Lets play some association games shall we?

What do the following have in common

A fixer in GA fighting:

A trader anywhere from 20 levels below them to infinitely above.

A Doctor 10 levels below them to infinitely above.

An MP 20 levels below them to infinitely above.

An Agent 20 levels below them to infinitely above. (Agent = Trader in my book)

An NT of equal level or higher.

In each case THE FIXER LOSES, or grids out. And guess what kids? Against the MP, Agent or Trader, sometimes Gridding out is IMPOSSIBLE due to the debuffs.

So, out of 11 classes, there are FIVE......FIVE goddamn classes a fixer in GA cannot beat.

AND to put on top of that ANY enforcer or MA worth their salt that is 160 or higher has an equal chance of beating a fixer in GA at equal level

So, the only professions that suffer from this horse**** "godmode" crap you uneducated people keep whining about are Engineers, Soldiers and MAYBE 'Crats.

So quit you're goddamn whining as far as it extends to fixers and get FC to fix your class if you're one of the final 3 mentioned.

/me starts making a list of the nerf whiners so he knows who to never buff.
    Last edited by AnotherFixer; Aug 29th, 2002 at 18:37:27.

I want to point out that my post was nothing more than refference to a previous post about fixers deserving "godmode", it did not allude to them having god mode, nor did I personally suggest that It get nerfed...

and as I said before, I am one of the classes that cant fight GA fixers... so I will keep waiting for my patch...

no rant, no flamming... just discusion from me
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

hehe, Sure would be fun to pvp as a fixer with GA 4 though.. sure traders/mp/doc etc have hte ability to beat you.. but you might kill them also alot of the time right?

and those insta-grids.. all this means is you can hang around, fight the classes you know you can whup and hell fight the ones that can whup you and grid out.

you will never die, thus fighting with incredible confidence.... I'd love to trade my soldier for a fixer with GA 4

hottie : think i got novice by killing omnis in omni ent ? heh
    ive had my fair share of 2h0 fights.. camelot i didnt bother with after loots got fubar and lag went to hell..

and none of u clanner have zoning skills.. nop u take the pain like real men.. never think about evacs or the infamous bunkers when realizing instant death is upon them. sigh hipocracy is a sickness of the uneducated..

and for the record when i said i was an agent i meant agent FORM

kthnx
    Last edited by Xthril; Aug 29th, 2002 at 23:54:51.
    Novice Bare "Xthril" Lotto
    Super agent man

Roosevelt "Muchopain" Babilonia
    Bad Boy Yardie

Originally posted by Nothinman
    hehe, Sure would be fun to pvp as a fixer with GA 4 though.. sure traders/mp/doc etc have hte ability to beat you.. but you might kill them also alot of the time right?
    What part of "Fixers will always lose against these professions" was misunderstood?

A fixer using GA can never beat a trader, mp, doc, agent (in trader mode), or NT of equal level past level 140 or so.

Well, maybe I shouldn't say never. Maybe if those players were alseep, on drugs or being attacked by 4 fixers at once, then MAYBE the fixer would win.

So, again referring to my last post, of the 11 professions in the game Fixers can NEVER beat 5 of them in the mid to high end game.

and those insta-grids.. all this means is you can hang around, fight the classes you know you can whup and hell fight the ones that can whup you and grid out.

you will never die, thus fighting with incredible confidence.
    Oh, yes, to follow up on these comments briefly.

1. Last time I checked, simply gridding away from a fight wasn't very entertaining OR productive in any capacity.

2. Again, someone didn't read what was posted previously. There is NO gridding against an MP post level 140. You see, a little nano called "Nano Shutdown" removes that capability like I said many times before. Also, a trifecta of trader debuffs can do the same thing. So no, we are not always able to get away from everyone.

You will find few MP's motivated to PvP due to pets severe vulnerability to roots and snares. Having to summon over and over again 2-3 pets a few dozen times during the course of every non-arena pvp session (not exaggerating at all) is NO FUN and wears you down after a while.

I know Argulace would prefer that I take part in 2ho battles more, but I honestly believe he is better served by a guild Trader at his side; the insta-casting and long range of the trader debuffs are more effective, than my high resistant, long casting, short range nano shut down.

The MP only has a checkmate on the Fixer in a large group battle. One vs. One...we have no roots or snares to force him to stay and fight, the fixer can just run away with his amazing runspeed or zone out. Even if we wielded an alpha strike weapon, the natural evades and double hots make it very difficult to land a kill, one vs. one. So, if you count running away as "losing" instead of landing a kill, then yes an MP will win against a Fixer so long as NSD is not being chain resisted.

Considering the MP's severe vulnerability to roots, lack of any defense nanos besides a +60 evade buff, and given that the 5-9 second casting of NSD gives you plenty of time to execute your area roots and snares on the pets (crippling us damage wise); your only fear from an MP is to "lose" not to die. You know just as well as I do that an MP will never move too far away from a rooted or snared heal pet in order to chase after and duel an opponent with 2 hots running and decent pvp stims. We would be relying on our weapons mostly as our nanopool takes very hard hits from casting NSD (probably several times in the course of a fight with a fixer; presuming none are resisted) and our nano-inefficient nukes. Your natural evades would be enough to dodge many of our normal shots if you played with your aggro bar. You would probably kill us still even though you are effectively naked.

Honestly, Fixers have more to fear from Traders who are more likely to be seen in a political zone, have faster and longer lasting debuffs that are less resistable ON TOP of the fact that Traders are probably ALREADY operating with insanely high nanoskills due to Plunders already running in the NCU. Not only that but they do very good damage, and can root you if you try to run. And can replenish their nanos by stacking a drain on top of an NT HE.

No, don't even mention the MP class as your nemesis class. We may have an edge over you but thats all it is. Fixers are equally baneful to us in group pvp as we are to them.
    Last edited by Psiraven; Aug 30th, 2002 at 07:47:13.
    MP's should be FEARED.

NS is highly resistable? Hmm.... news to me. With maxxed 960 ish Nano resist at level 180, I've resist it from a like level MP....mmm...NEVER?

So, if I can catch the MP before I'm NS'd and use a big long root on the demon, I MIGHT...and that is a big MIGHT... be able to hurt them.

But, like you said, since MPs can't root, yes, we can run away. Which, as I've experienced first hand over and over and over, is what I have to do against any MP from 10 levels lower than me and up.

Everyone says NSD is not resistable but it is. Its one of those things where you'd have to be on the casting end of it to notice. You also don't see the fumbles, which if it happens I've just wasted 15 seconds (total casting and recharge time).
    MP's should be FEARED.

yes, i have a lvl 150 mp and pvp'ed alot with him. The only thing they have going is the debuffs. trust me i did ALOT of pvp with a mp and with my other profs against them.

basically due to roots and pet pathing, you can discount your pets 90% of the time. just forget them.

so that leaves the mp with some debuffs and depending on level.. a ****ty to semi decent weapon. tough to kill someone with it.

mp's have mind quake going for them.. ( i LOVED this nano as a mp.. dmg + debufff screw ppl up right off the bat! )

just saying.. i've seen some clan fixers run through camelot and 2ho filled with 100 omnis with little worry of death. it just allows you to fight with utmost confidence..

me, i am a title hugger. so is everyone else on the pvp top 10 on both sides. i choose my fights carefully, and if i get ganked i dont have a way out.. so i fight alot less. something i dont like.

again : ) just trolling. dont mind me.

Maybe you should try play with your agg-def bar Highjack?

- With +300 nanoresist from GA fixers are the profession with second highest nanoresist today after enforcers.
    - GA IV gives +100NCU, you got +250NCU buff. You can easily run mochams all the time to avoid beeing OE after a trader divest. Plunders are relatively easily resisted. All drains have very long recharge.
    - I have never seen a 190+ fixers not beeing able to evac even after putting both drains on him.
    - GA fixers will be best tanks in game after 14.5, is this intended? No I dont think so.
    - How can a doc kill a fixer? 800atk rating against 3k evades? Hots that outheal doc dots.
    - Dont forget 14.5 nerfs bracers so you will be much more deadly. Agents/traders wont have reflect so they will be very vulnerable to your weapons. Not unlikely you can bring them below 40% health just by alpha strike.

1. Last time I checked, simply gridding away from a fight wasn't very entertaining OR productive in any capacity.
    Heh well beats dieing, having to ress and loosing PvP points dont it? :P
    Last edited by Myga; Aug 30th, 2002 at 08:33:48.

just saying.. i've seen some clan fixers run through camelot and 2ho filled with 100 omnis with little worry of death. it just allows you to fight with utmost confidence..

Running through is not fighting. This can only be accomplished at 100% Def, which won't allow you to kill anything.

And MSag, I know all about the game mechanics. I have MKIV, I have the slider on full Def, I have maxxed and implanted NR totalling 960. I resist nearly nothing.

yay grr why can't they just fix all classess in one patch instead of just making one class uber and then nerf them and rince and repeat with another class.

Originally posted by Xthril
    hottie : think i got novice by killing omnis in omni ent ? heh
    ive had my fair share of 2h0 fights.. camelot i didnt bother with after loots got fubar and lag went to hell..

and none of u clanner have zoning skills.. nop u take the pain like real men.. never think about evacs or the infamous bunkers when realizing instant death is upon them. sigh hipocracy is a sickness of the uneducated..

and for the record when i said i was an agent i meant agent FORM

kthnx
    I know you're gay

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast