Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to Beat fixers - As a soldier

Let's put it this way. People resist me, but they don't resist me so often that its not worth the attempt.

As far as I'm concerned, if I've taken the trouble to swallow 100 ncu cost to cast mochams on myself so that my attack nano skills are 1000+, if I'm swallowing a 12-15 second attack cycle where I'm doing nothing but "attempting" to land a debuff on you, if a respectable chunk of my nanopool is being expended to do it, if Funcom is giving melee fighters multiple chances to interrupt me in that 5-9 second attack cycle while doing their horrendous damage to me at the same time while I'm doing NOTHING to them, if its actually possible for me to die in the 5-9 seconds of the attack cycle...

...then darnit, the friggin nano shutdown IS going to land a majority of the time....not just a plain ol' majority, but a good sizable majority.

I endure enough penalties being a pet class in PvP. You Fixers complain about debuffers. Who can massively debuff you in this game to the point the GA is crippled besides MP's and Traders? Two classes out of 12 and one of those isnt even popular in high level pvp. Being a Pet Class, I have to worry about rooters: Fixers, NT's, Agents, Traders, and Crats. Four of those you see quite often in political zones. AND we have to worry about debuffers (same as you fixers) making our pets useless...so add ourselves to that list (you Fixers lack the capability to totally screw each other over like we MP's can) and traders gain a redundant advantage.

So being the class I am, and having to endure the penalties I do just in the attempt to cast NSD, penalties that other classes with "shutdown" capability don't suffer (docs and traders) it better NOT be a futile effort to execute Nano Shutdown (which basically so many people are whining for).

If you want a world where you resist NSD 75% of the time, FC better slice the nanocost by a factor of 5 at least and shorten the attack/recharge cycle to 5/3 or 5/2 or something
    Last edited by Psiraven; Aug 30th, 2002 at 11:27:22.
    MP's should be FEARED.

kjeft a robban før jeg smeller oppunder 2 svisker !!!!!111111111
    Novice Bare "Xthril" Lotto
    Super agent man

Roosevelt "Muchopain" Babilonia
    Bad Boy Yardie

k just to clarify things guys. my statement about god-mode was a joke hence the smiley after it. i will include tags like (joke)(/joke) or "<---that was a joke" if u like
    highjack u done it again man u have lost the head and went mental and got rather nasty *calm down*
    about traders, nt, mp and docs being unbeatable is uncorrect im afraid.
    if u go full def against a high lvl trader and u get abit of luck (nano resist) u can beat them quite easily. hextorr done alot of testing with abid and i have fought a few traders in me time also.
    u do resist divests and plunders often enough for nano resist to be effectice. u go full def and hopefully u resist 1 or 2 of their debuffs. once they land them u basically sit debuffed for 3 min and hex's advise is to use the mcs. basically sit on full def with your 2 hots and use the fast burst recycle to do a good bit of damage. the mcs has low requirements and we have like 1.1k+ smg/mg skill so u should be able to stay at 100% effective or at worst 75%. i can take a 200 debuff and still have 100% ga effectiveness. when the 3 minutes or whatever is up the action starts with the trader having a low nano pool and not being able to debuff further (hopefully). them big bursts and a few crits and he is in ****e. maybe change to flash or chs to finish him or attempt to. but u may be vulnerable to a debuff with your alpha gun on. i posted on another thread why not to use the CHS as your main weapon (not alpha weapon) as a fixer. hope u can see what i mean or least see some of the drawbacks.

nts are the same. full def works well even with a mcs. cant remember who i tested with but he was a high lvl. but i was resisting nearly "all" his nukes. maybe abit lucky but it does work.
    i sat infront of him with his nullity up and when it went down not many shots and he was fecked. hunter06 just shot claire to death with a mcs in 2ho 1v1 one time which i found amusing. and yes it was 1v1.

i agree trying to kill a doc will take forever or self buffed until his nano pool is gone then he is fecked. but i cant seen one killing us cuase of their poor attack rating.

mps could be nasty. accepting a 1v1 duel in arena could be very risky. but nano shutdown has a very high nano resist % like 160 or something. last time i ran into omni arena and attacked element and a few others a mp done nano shutdown on me and i resisted it. i also resist it nearly everytime against mobs. not many pvp mps out there really

Neophyte Hotpanties
    lvl 199 clan fixer rk1
    Member of Storm

Originally posted by eaze
    Ah, the enjoyment of clueless PvP. First of all, at a certain level, all serious ranged pvpers will have 40m range, so your tacs are unviable. Also a fact that a fixers has evac nanos, will take him out of the area in good time before he dies.
    Incorrect, about the 40m range. If the fixer is using a Mauser chem streamer, he/she has 16m range BASE on the gun. Now if you took a ql 250 targetting scope and a ql 200 movement predictor, you'd get 100% more range, 16 x 2 = 32

To top it off, a mauser chem user will most likely never use an init penalty scope. Most MCS users go TIM/movement predictor, so if you fought someone using those two gadgets, the gun's range would be only 24m.

But anyway, i don't see how range would beat us severely since we have runbuff nanos.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by MSag
    Maybe you should try play with your agg-def bar Highjack?

- With +300 nanoresist from GA fixers are the profession with second highest nanoresist today after enforcers.
    - GA IV gives +100NCU, you got +250NCU buff. You can easily run mochams all the time to avoid beeing OE after a trader divest. Plunders are relatively easily resisted. All drains have very long recharge.
    - I have never seen a 190+ fixers not beeing able to evac even after putting both drains on him.
    - GA fixers will be best tanks in game after 14.5, is this intended? No I dont think so.
    - How can a doc kill a fixer? 800atk rating against 3k evades? Hots that outheal doc dots.
    - Dont forget 14.5 nerfs bracers so you will be much more deadly. Agents/traders wont have reflect so they will be very vulnerable to your weapons. Not unlikely you can bring them below 40% health just by alpha strike.

Heh well beats dieing, having to ress and loosing PvP points dont it? :P
    You are the one who is uninformed. No need at all for a fixer to even buff himself with an HoT fighting a doc. Not NCU either. NCU buff costs 1 ncu Dr hack N' Quack is the highest fixer HoT, costs somewhere around 30 ncu...Epilision purge will poof both of those, as well as the second HoT. The fixer then only has a way of healing if he rebuffs himself only to get debuffed again, or uses first aid...

And who cares if we use a mocham? Soldiers use TTS and MoP + a 14% scope with a river series 6. Everyone uses outside buffs in political zones. an MCS or a CHS doesn't do much damage vs RRF, and with dark blue assault rifle or even green maxed SMG we still do not dish out enough damage to be solely 'uber.'

I was fighting an enforcer, predatorox the other day, he has 1.5k nano resist and i couldn't root him at all, or snare him, debuff him etc. All resisted. He was using a beam, how lucky I was for being a GA fixer, i would've gone down in seconds if he was using 2x Alloys, which btw those stick alphas can destroy a fixer, whether you're talking GA IV or love armor.

Concerning mass pvp, since everyone hates fixers i would think all or a large portion from the opposing side would attack the fixer first, nano shutdown, debuff or not. We can dodge a lot, but only so much.

I just don't understand why so many people in this game have to have this way of thinking that they should have an even chance at every profession in the game. No point in professions if so.

And if nano shutdown is being resisted, its resist rate should be lowered. And pets should be made useful, since that is a large part of the meta-physicist profession.

If your profession needs improvements or love patches, don't complain about not being able to kill a certain profession. And even then, don't complain if you cannot kill everyone.

The complaining about grid evac'ing is ridiculous, too. When i duel in the arena, i do not grid evac..it is a duel i agree to, and i will fight to death unless the person wants to go 50%. In mass pvp, it only makes sense. I find it funny that you comment about 'losing pvp points' what you must be angry about is not being able to get pvp points off an evac'ing fixer, the pleasure of beating one to the point they have to evac is just not enough for you...talk about bad sportsmanship.

Lastly, please tell me of a fixer 180+ who ever killed a MP in 1v1 self-buffed pvp. My bud meurgen the other day was telling me about how on his way to the grid terminal 2 soldiers were fighting a level 180 fixer in mmd one day and he walked over to him, nano-shutdowned him and the fixer was dead instantly after the gunfire from the 2 soldiers killed him. Now most level 180 fixers using GA are probably using IV, if you don't believe me about this ask meurgen.

Lets think now, how many professions can an MA beat again??
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

"Epilision purge will poof both of those, as well as the second HoT. "
    epilision purge has a nano resist skill of 200%. it has very little chance of ever hitting us tbh. and with 8.65/9.4 it will takes ages to actually land 1 on us
    fighting a doc 1v1 would probably be even more boring than fighting a fellow smurf 1v1

about that mochams theory. i dont know any high lvl fixers that i have pvped with that use mochams to counter trader debuffs. most fixers see our ncu buffs as an opportunity to use more devices e.g. hardcore cpu upgrade, deck range increaser and recompiler leaving us with enough ncu for the pvp buffs. mochams takes up alot of ncu and having 3 of them running would eat up serious ncu. not worth it imo

when soldiers mk goes down a mcs eats them to pieces. not many have chemical bracers on so nasty 1k+ chem crits and 2k bursts will hurt badly i do agree though we arent no major damage dealers

i fought an enf from neo core in mmd for fun once and i spent most of my time running away cuase i couldnt root or slow him
    i eventually decided to alpha him then he ran away to zone without me being able to stop him.

"And if nano shutdown is being resisted, its resist rate should be lowered."
    no way imo. it is a very powerful nano that should be able to avoided or countered regularly. especially by a class thats life line is solely dependant on nano skills. we are lucky there are not that many high lvl omni mps out there or we be screwed and for sure i wouldnt take a lvl 200 mp on in the arena

"I just don't understand why so many people in this game have to have this way of thinking that they should have an even chance at every profession in the game. No point in professions if so. "
    that statement is very true. certain classes should be good against others while weak against others at the same time. there is still alot of balance to be added to ao. hopefully soldiers, engies and that get some luv soon.

i beat mrhaga in 2ho once 1v1 but he/she was only starting out at pvp. i wouldnt have went near the mighty angelicnova in her time well maybe for a short time then ran away if i got nano shutdown

the good thing about the fixer class is the ability to give every fight a go and try your luck. if your a ma and u see a trader u gotta run or get rooted, debuffed and shot to death. if your a fixer u can get stuck in, see if his debuffs land or are countered and stay in that fight until u have no choice but to grid or die

Neophyte Hotpanties
    lvl 199 clan fixer rk1
    Member of Storm

"*Occasions when fixers have been exploited:
    1. pre-14.4 pvp, free freshman or rookie title kills."

by the not soo bright people in ao i got called a title farmer then when i proved their accusations wrong with evidence and backup from others i got "haha u only got your title cuase of your overpowered smurf suit".
    well i got all my pvp points bar 2 kills pre-14.4 when i used mk II armor before i got my (at the time gimped) smurf suit.

it was possible to get titles and kills in them days but it was a challenge and quite difficult. especially when u couldnt really beat any class my inspiration to be a big bad fixer when i was wee was hextorr. he was busting omni with his gimped char from the start other fixers to mention from the pre-supersmurfsuit days are sodie, argulace, blizzaro (doing some crazy 1h weapon stuff) and a few others who i cant remember atm. i dont know much about rk2 but i read trystar was and still is the man

Neophyte Hotpanties
    lvl 199 clan fixer rk1
    Member of Storm

Originally posted by Hothead
    k just to clarify things guys. my statement about god-mode was a joke hence the smiley after it. i will include tags like (joke)(/joke) or "<---that was a joke" if u like
    highjack u done it again man u have lost the head and went mental and got rather nasty *calm down*
    I wasn't even remotely responding to you in any way. Get a clue.

i didnt say u were directly responding to my post. but u did reply to the subject of "godmode" rather angrily or unthoughtfully as u do with alot of subjects
    u talk as though people are below u or inferior to u and in a very arrogant manner. i have seen soo many of your posts end or start with flames or nasty comments e.g. calling people dumb, uneducated, calling them kids or children or telling them to "Get a clue".

Neophyte Hotpanties
    lvl 199 clan fixer rk1
    Member of Storm

Originally posted by Hothead
    i didnt say u were directly responding to my post. but u did reply to the subject of "godmode" rather angrily or unthoughtfully as u do with alot of subjects
    u talk as though people are below u or inferior to u and in a very arrogant manner. i have seen soo many of your posts end or start with flames or nasty comments e.g. calling people dumb, uneducated, calling them kids or children or telling them to "Get a clue".

Neophyte Hotpanties
    lvl 199 clan fixer rk1
    Member of Storm
    If they respond, either in agreement or in disagreement, while using thoughtful and logical reasoning, I have no issue with anyone. If they respond without reading my post, or without having the intelligence to understand what I'm saying (such as the case seems to be here), or can't even spell properly, then you may be right. I do feel they're beneath me.

Red face Fixers are good

Fixers are good

Soldiers are bad

Dont take an atrox to see that!
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

What!? It doesn't take an ATROX???

Ternak, you got that backwards.

It should read:

Doesn't take a NANOMAGE to see that.

You know the saying back on earth...it doesn't take an EINSTEIN to see that.

Sheesh, not only do atrox have more hitpoints, but now people consider them smarter. =( (they probably were for choosing that breed)
    Last edited by Psiraven; Sep 1st, 2002 at 19:21:43.
    MP's should be FEARED.

heh easiest way to kill a fixer as a soldier is to get a mp a trader and a nt to help you sort it out

Amen. Any ONE of those professions and a fixer is dogmeat. Nice class balance in AO eh?

so basically a soldier can't kill a fixer unless in combo with another class who really doesn't need him anyways since he can't root once the fixer is debuffed
    MP's should be FEARED.

basically yes, i tried with Arg and i cant hit him bad enough for hack and quack not to outheal my damage.
    With a 2/3 - 1/3 ams gun theres no way i can match his evades even when hes on full off, not to mention he wasnt even shooting since i would die right after my TMS will drop.
    Maybe if there was a way for soldier to boost their ams to 1.3-1.4k like the shopkeepers there would be a goal but atm i dont think any soldier can kill a fixer (im talking high lvl here btw...) 1 on 1. If anyone thinks different test it and post results
    Anyway If (i said if) if there was the slighest chance that the XX fixer might loose he would evac, sorta frustrating when its a close fight, although i know some fixer that dont evac even close to die if the fight was nice.

You are correct. No soldier within 20 or perhaps even 30 levels of a fixer can beat them (soldier being higher).

That being said, I don't want to hear any of this "fixers are overpowered" bull****, since a fixer cannot beat a trader, MP, Doc or NT within the same level boundaries either.

Basically, all PvP is completely imbalanced right now.

Originally posted by Highjack
    That being said, I don't want to hear any of this "fixers are overpowered" bull****, since a fixer cannot beat a trader, MP, Doc or NT within the same level boundaries either.

Err well you have fixers stating the opposite above:

about traders, nt, mp and docs being unbeatable is uncorrect im afraid.
    if u go full def against a high lvl trader and u get abit of luck (nano resist) u can beat them quite easily. hextorr done alot of testing with abid and i have fought a few traders in me time also.
    And also you seem to avoid the fact that bracers will be nerfed to oblivion in 14.5, thus removing the only way of having a strong defence for all professions but soldiers + fixers. With bracers nerfed GA will be totally unrealistic from a balance point of view.

I agree on your last statement there tho, PvP balance in this game is a complete joke and FC dont seem to understand why.

Originally posted by Highjack
    You are correct. No soldier within 20 or perhaps even 30 levels of a fixer can beat them (soldier being higher).

Never intended to say fixer are overpowered just answered the question and anyway when u really wanna take down someone u take him down even if its with a full team :P
    If i had a complain about fixer it would be evac when hp drops too low but then again i use bunkers and whompa too till FC decides to get rid of the titles or to make them stick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123