Thread: Oh look more random tech ideas.

Oh look more random tech ideas.

So, this is actually a set of ideas I'd let spread to all profs but I'm not going to think them up for all of them. The idea is pretty simple, its an overload of the profs main skills for a short (45s to 2 minutes) duration with a long (5 to 10 minutes) cool down lock. They effect the whole team and can stack. Here is an example of the 3 I though up for engineer.

1st one is defence.
    Harmonic Resonance, Gate Keeper Mode.

The engineer devotes all their structual nanites to reinforce the teams defences. Unfortuntly this greatly damages the nanites and the engineer loses most of their defence after the nanites burn out.

Bonus
    Team reflect, 200% for 45 to 120s.
    Damage, -20k acs -200% reflect 2 to 5 min.
    Lock, 5 to 10 min.

2nd one is damage
    Pen Missile

The engineer sacrafices their main pet to create nanite size charged couplers that release a large amount of enegy to their target on impact.

+1000 Energy damage. (10 to 45s)
    Damage, Loss of main pet. (5 to 10 min)
    Lock (5 to 10 min)

3rd is teleportion
    Soul Capture Device - Beta

The engineer uses a new beta prototype regeneration device that lets the engineer rappidly move a new cloned body to it. The downside is the power requirements for it.

An item spawns in the teams inv that last 2 to 5 min and when uses teleports them back to the engineer. Works on rk and in sl. The player must be in pvp range of the engineer to get the item. (To make it so people don't use it to move a level 1 to pande)
    Downside - the engineer uses their secondary pet to power the device causing them to lose the 2nd pet.
    Lock 10 to 30 min.

The lock is the same nano so you can only use one of these at a time. The idea is bassicly to create a powerful version of the professions current toolset but with limiations on it that really make them think about using it.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Hmm.. the content doesn't match what the idea brought to mind..

I thought you where going for something like this..

Perk action style..

Engineer Offensive
    -50% reflect to the engineers target
    -20% reflect to enemys in 30m aura
    Duration: 45 seconds
    Cooldown: 3 minutes

Engineer Defensive
    35% Reflect, 10000 AC-s to Engineer and his pets
    20% Reflect, 5000 AC-s to allies in 30m aura
    Duration: 1 minute
    Cooldown: 5 minutes

etc..

With an offensive and defensive for each profession, which could be unlocked perk actions for wearing some random type of gear, or ofab armour piece or something...

no? :P
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Well in all honesty we both know I'd prefer a complete rewite of 90% of the game for the last 4 years. Things were attempted to be done well but didn't turn out the best in the end.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Well in all honesty we both know I'd prefer a complete rewite of 90% of the game for the last 4 years. Things were attempted to be done well but didn't turn out the best in the end.
    I'd prefer AO2
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

As would I, but FC has said no to selling the game rights. *shrug*

<@Kintaii> L2P

Tech! I can has carb made plz?

Come back Tech, we miss your rantings in org chat

Edit: and as usual; you have fun ideas. I'll write FC to hire you.
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

Ill log on tomorrow just ya mate, but I'm not coming back as it currently is. Right now I'm tring to weasle my way in to D3 beta.

<@Kintaii> L2P

<@Kintaii> L2P

Make the team reflect act like an aura, having it casted then having the engi hide somewhere would make totally OP.
    I'ld rather have it work like an aura + team check.

I would like to see a version of the pen missile designed to alpha mechs (ya oneshot em) no lock(sacrificing one pet is already a bother).
    Only requirement would be to have the anti mech gun on. So it's like a special arrow designed for that gun to target mechs(mechs not the turrets).
    It would bring alot more intensity to the BS & alot to the tower wars .
    Oh it will help Engis to up their solo pvp score >.>