Thread: Bug? Can't use nano rechargers / treat. kits after zoning from boss room

Bug? Can't use nano rechargers / treat. kits after zoning from boss room

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but it's quite annoying.
    Scenario 1:
    I am in a team in a mission. We jump down to kick boss around. My hp drops, so I jump up. I try to heal. I get "Can't use item. Target is in fight". I have to jump down, pray that the boss will still shoot on my team mate so I can sit down and heal in boss room. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't....

Scenario 2:
    Team mission, boss room. I jump up. I heal. Team mate jumps up. I don't get to heal any more. "Target can't be in fight". Team mate heals and recharges nanos. After he leaves, I still can't heal or recharge. Need to go down again, to heal in boss room. (Luckily I team most with an adventurer, who will heal me before going back to fighting.)

Scenario 3:
    Team mission, boss room. I jump up after team mate. I can't heal. Same as before.

Scenario 4:
    Team mission, boss room. I jump up after team mate. Now I can heal!

I still haven't managed to trace the differences in what allows me to heal and what doesn't. I hit Q just before jumping up (to stop fighting) and it's a 50-50 chance I will get to heal. Same as if I don't hit Q before jumping.

Is there anything to do about this? Any tricks??? Anything to remember? I am a trader, level 40. Doesn't seem to be a connection between ransacks / deprives and the disabled healing. I can be chain healing my team mate, only shooting at the mob (no offensive nanos that I can remember), and STILL get the error message when I have to heal.

Any advise will be very usefull!

Kirikiri
    Kirikiri - Trader
    General, Depot Division
    Ancarim Iron Legion
    Gattolina - NT
    Ancarim Iron Legion

It's all about who's the target of the MOBs' hate. If anybody has you on top of the list, due to you collecting a lot of 'hate' from the MOB (damage, healing, nano use, etc), or your friends not doing so (using a de-aggro tool, dying, running off), you will be under attack, even though the creature can't reach you.

Basically, you need to get somebody to get the MOBs (all the MOBs) to forget about you. Then you'll be able to recharge.

Arrow

Using a 'porter in a team mission is not zoning (just as using the ferry from Trade to Harry's isn't) and whislt you can't be hit, you do retain aggro and so can't use med-kits and nano-rechargers.

It is therefore about managing aggro. With a team, people tend to jump out to heal whilst there are still other team members in the boss room, this is usually enough to shift aggro after a moment or two allowing you to heal/recharge and head back on in.

If everyone ends up out of the room and in need of healing, then chances are at least one will be able to. They then heal, jump back in, draw aggro and port back out after the 10 seconds. This enables everyone else to heal.

This behaviour is probably quite deliberate - wouldn't want things to be too easy after all...

On the plus side, the only reason that you can go down from the boss room is because the aggro carries over. When team missions first hit test, you couldn't use the arrows if you were in combat. But that resulted in some people getting trapped on the level below the boss level (they would go down and then their pet or teammate would get killed and the boss would aggro them) and so they made it so that you could escape with the arrows.

Think how much fun those rooms would be if you were stuck in them...

Scorus

Cool

Yeah, I remember that And when team missions first hit testlive, things didn't need line-of-sight to aggro on you... It made that first room rather hectic!

In other words, solo'ing tough boss rooms may not be the wisest thing to do

--Tsk

Not really

I've actually had to log out in the room before the boss and log back in later. Usually running several screens away and going up or down a few flights of stairs clears agro. Not good for them complete healing bosses but gets the job done sometimes.