Thread: Booster price and expansion price, you guys gotta think a bit more!

Thumbs down Booster price and expansion price, you guys gotta think a bit more!

Ok, the booster includes the game and is $20, I understand well enough that you'd want extra cash. but still, if we want the booster pack, why can't we buy it seperate for, say, $10? I'm still debating wether I'll get it or now, $20 is just rediculous when I already own over half of what I'm getting. And, with the booster costing $20, then what will the actual expansion cost? If it's seperate from AO itself, meaning you are not given the original CD, no more than $25, please. 45 bucks alltogether is bad enough when you already own half of what you're getting. I suppose FC has had enough bickering from everybody about the booster pack's pricing so I guess this post won't change anytyhing. But at least consider all of this when you price Shadowlands itself! I at least will have use for at least one extra AO CD because I got a friend who's interested. But I pity those who will end up paying some rediculous price and end up having three Anarchy Online CDs, one(two?) booster(s), and the expansion. I highly recommend rebates for current customers or the ability to purchase the expansion seperate if you end up including the original AO. And will you need to buy the seperate booster or will it be included with Shadow Lands? Again, another thing to make seperate for those already with the originals. Think for a moment, FC, you may end up losing more customers than you gain by doing this. Rebates or options to buy seperately. You have to do one or the other if you hope to keep many of your customers.

I got the original game for less than $20, sure it was last xmas and not at release. Half of me thinks I may hang on a while and wait for the retail stores to drop the prices when it doesnt sell :-)
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Red face download

I downloaded the game at launch, and paid for two accounts for $50.00 US each. I bought the special edition to get the cool map and bonus CD, too.. another $20.00 US, (still haven't used the key). I'll probably buy the booster and the expansion.

Oh, ya.. I bought the book and the soundtrack. I'd buy a leet doll, too. Funcom loves me.

(btw, the book is very good, patiently awaiting book II).
    Cyrus "d'Artagnan" Bacarella
    Solitus Fixer for the Omni-Tek Corporation
    President of Draco Legionis
    Draco is Family, Legions Unite!

"The darkness must go down the river of nights dreaming...
    Flow morphia slow, let the sun and light come streaming...
    Into my life."

I'd be happy if I got a free month of AO with the BP, but for some reason that won't happen..

Now I really dont think its a few dollars here and a few dollars there which is bothering people about the price of the booster. I think its because people dont like to be taken advantage of. Now Funcom is probably not taking advantage of us but we kind of get a bad feeling about the price and how this whole expansion thing is handled.

A sucker is born everyday. Nobody wants to feel like a sucker and many of us do.

Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?