Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LE Research and Specials Feedback

yea, i just noticed logging in too
    Chi"Chimx" Delaet- 220/28 NT
    Proud Advisor of Uprising.

100% of LE Procs Defensive Based - FEEDBACK REQUEST

I'd like some feedback on why all of our LE Procs are defensive based, when clearly a NT is not ment to take hits.. ?

We will see less procs / hour executed on ourselves since our goal is to NOT get aggro while maintaining damage.. And we'll certainly see less procs than other professions.

I think every single proc should be OFFENSIVE based, and chance to execute when we land any hostile nano on a target.

Was this a limitation of the server code, or the server coders, or hindsight of a designer? Certainly not due to BALANCE (lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Was this a limitation of the server code, or the server coders, or hindsight of a designer? Certainly not due to BALANCE (lol)
    FC cares about balance? Ah well, when it comes to Advis/Keepers not being to able to 123456omgwtfpwn, they certainly do. Otherwise...
    Faeryl Fixer RK2
    Rakusu Trader RK2. Former president of Loss of Life
    Nakahara Doc RK2
    Nukefrenzy NT RK2

Quote Originally Posted by Abalz View Post
    I'd like some feedback on why all of our LE Procs are defensive based, when clearly a NT is not ment to take hits.. ?

We will see less procs / hour executed on ourselves since our goal is to NOT get aggro while maintaining damage.. And we'll certainly see less procs than other professions.
    On the side note pretty sure our procs trigger on reflect/dmg shield- might help a little bit in pvp/in sl missions where half mobs seems to have dmg shield.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

Just re-tested all my procs and this was the result...... nothing short of stellar.

Type 1:
    Circular Logic: +5 nanohot
    Source Tap: +102 nanohot
    Layered Amnesty: Broken
    Powered Nano Fortress: +167ac, 246hp, 111nr

Type 2:
    Increase Momentum: 200ninit
    Looping Service: -22%ncost
    Harvest Energy: +235 nanohot
    Unstable Library: +17ac, 27hp, 18nr
    Last edited by _Delerium; Dec 24th, 2006 at 00:46:16.
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

FC must have figured since they gave us new nukes we dont need procs? The nanoinit ones are the only ones I use and there isnt even any point in that since I would have to constantly watch my NCU to know if they fire off so I could slide my agg/def bar over for the 20 seconds or whatever that they last... seriously lame.

All the things I liked about LE are either being nerfed or now just suck because of the other things that were nerfed.

So basically I paid $30 for a few semi-useful stats from research, a bunch of broken procs, and +4% dmg/+150 NI from the only useful NT ofab. Oh and I forgot the pvp nukes that still leave us next to last on pvm dmg... Ok i cant complain about our new pvp ability, ok yes I can since now we can often have kind of an alpha like everyone else already has... I mean come on, seriously nearly every profession can alpha+perk me to death in alot less than the time it takes to cast one of the new nukes, wait for recharge, cast 1 more and hope they hadnt healed up already yet THEY still cry nerf...

If our nukes lock our defensive nanos for 30 mins AS & FA should lock out TMS & AMS, SnD should lock out cocoon... and theres more too but anyway this is lame. If things in LE keep going this way this game is doomed seriously. I have switched to paying monthly now since the population seemed to spike when LE came out then completely drop since everyone prettymuch seemed upset about it.
    Last edited by knitewulfe; Dec 21st, 2006 at 17:38:13.
    RK1 Omni
    220/24 NT
    212/14 Keeper
    172/12 Advie
    150/5 Shade
    various lowbies

I think every single proc should be OFFENSIVE based, and chance to execute when we land any hostile nano on a target.

Daily bump.
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    LOL

knitewulfe

I have the same feeling, I even posted the same kind of message

I think NT's procs is a major design flow actually.
    NT is templated as offensive proffesion. If NT is getting hit - something is going not as intended.
    Not giving offensive proffesion a single offensive proc ? Come on, that's just not right.

+Nanoregen procs ? - well, they are silly, but logical, they belong to this prof, that's ok. Would rather do it OFF than DEF however.

-Cost procs ? - Most stupid thing out here, guess it was just added as a placeholder....well, hope so. :P

+Nano init procs ? - that's ok procs, and surely seems fit for the profession but for the god's sake, why adding them as DEF procs ??? They would seem much much much more logical as proc on offensive.

Absorb procs ? - The only thing which really belongs where it is. But not working, ironicaly.

AC/HP/NR ? - Good one...would be...if there was 10 times more AC on them. Well, logical at least.

And now, pls, pls, give us +%nanodamage offensive proc... - We are DD prof after all, give us some tool to improve our DPS, which we didn't have since SL times (meaning PvE here).
    Active project : Mininuker (NT)
    Semi-Active project : Acerak (Adv)
    First projects : Wulfgar (Keeper)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzec View Post
    +Nanoregen procs ? - well, they are silly, but logical, they belong to this prof, that's ok. Would rather do it OFF than DEF however.
    Pretty nice sinse with dmg absorbed into nano we can never have enought nanoregen.

AC/HP/NR ? - Good one...would be...if there was 10 times more AC on them. Well, logical at least.
    Screw AC i like 111 NR on them.

And now, pls, pls, give us +%nanodamage offensive proc... - We are DD prof after all, give us some tool to improve our DPS, which we didn't have since SL times (meaning PvE here).
    We can now cap IU from full def easily- more dps. Also more nanoinit means faster cast time on dots. As for SL times check Ancient Matrix perkline.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by seventshadow View Post
    Pretty nice sinse with dmg absorbed into nano we can never have enought nanoregen.
    Now they are working like this:
    You are hit = 10% chance you get X nano, divided into Y chunks over 1 minute period.
    I would rather see them like:
    10% chance you get X*Y / Z nano in ONE chunk, where Z is discussable.
    When you are hit while shielding - you don't need mana-over-time for 1 minute, you need as much nano as you can get as soon as possible, right ?

Screw AC i like 111 NR on them.
    I bet you also love +HP on them with your zero BD/HP setup, right ?
    You need NR in PvP mostly, and you don't need HPs there according to your own setup.

We can now cap IU from full def easily- more dps. Also more nanoinit means faster cast time on dots. As for SL times check Ancient Matrix perkline.
    Again, if we are talking about raid (PvM) DPS - you could just set slider a bit away from full def, and get the same dps boost you've mentioned. And in PvP you need predictable nanoInit, but not the one, that you may or may NOT get...
    As for DPS boost since SL, ok, ok, yea, AM perkline, deck upgrade for another +%...but i'd prefer seeing at least slight PvM DPS boost each addon pls

p.s. Actually don't want to argue with you, sorry.
    Just described my thoughts about what I'd see more logical as NT's procs.
    Active project : Mininuker (NT)
    Semi-Active project : Acerak (Adv)
    First projects : Wulfgar (Keeper)

When you are hit while shielding - you don't need mana-over-time for 1 minute, you need as much nano as you can get as soon as possible, right ?
    Yep- but i also need as many ticks as possible to cast as soon as possible during nanodot.

I bet you also love +HP on them with your zero BD/HP setup, right ?
    You need NR in PvP mostly, and you don't need HPs there according to your own setup.
    Dont really mind extra hp- even with it i will stay in 7 k sh area. Aint going for one of those 180 hp setups.

but i'd prefer seeing at least slight PvM DPS boost each addon pls
    Ohh come on you got that uber +3% nanodmg with LE!!!11111

p.s. Actually don't want to argue with you, sorry.
    Just described my thoughts about what I'd see more logical as NT's procs.
    Hehe np. And nt procs are semi-useful- though defenetly not as good as what some other profs got.

Now they are working like this:
    You are hit = 10% chance you get X nano, divided into Y chunks over 1 minute period.
    I thought Sill said it was 5%.
    LOL

I thought Sill said it was 5%.
    Looks like 10% chanse for nt procs according to database.

A few bugs I noticed

Bug 1:

Looping Service: Does not refresh, the proc (not the -22% cost special) reaches the end of it timer and instead "Healing care" starts to run instead.

Healing care description:

"You will occasionally heal your team, including yourself.. This is a Type 1 action."

Sounds like a doctor proc.

Problems this causes: Healing care is a type 1 action, even though looping service is type 2, and because it is type 1, any other type 1 proc running will be overwritten by it.

You will also lose the effect from looping service as it does not refesh.

Problem: Refreshing wrong proc.

Bug 2:

Layered Amnesty: You need to use proc with you opponent (mob or player) targetted, and you need to be within 2-3 foot of them, given how important keeping distance is with NT, this seems to not be right.

Problem: Range of proc, or not self targetting

Bug 3:

Layered Amnesty (again): When the proc is due to refresh (not the special from it) instead of refreshing, it casts "Source Tap" instead.

Problem: Refreshing of proc.

Bug 4:

Layered Amnesty (yet again): The special of this proc is not absorbs as it's description suggests.

Modifier:
    ReflectProjectileAC 4
    ReflectMeleeAC 4
    ReflectEnergyAC 4
    ReflectChemicalAC 4
    ReflectRadiationAC 4
    ReflectColdAC 4
    ReflectFireAC 4
    ReflectPoisonAC 4

It is in fact a 4% reflect buff.

Problem: Wrong description, or wrong effect.

That's all for now, need grind some more to check some other procs.
    Last edited by Nanofox1; Dec 22nd, 2006 at 14:59:49. Reason: Adding colours for clarity.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Ahh crap, didn't see the 'LE Bugs' thread, I go post this there too.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

I think all defensive procs are stupid (except defense related things like MASSIVE shields or reflects). I mean who cares about 110 extra NR when you are getting alpha'd anyway. Since they have such a slim chance of running and are unpredictable how about making POWERFUL procs (and I dont mean just NTs like everyone). Since we cant use them on demand, and cant rely on them wouldnt it make sense for things like a 80% reflect or a 10k absorb to be defensive procs? It doesnt overpower anyone since you never know when it will fire off.
    RK1 Omni
    220/24 NT
    212/14 Keeper
    172/12 Advie
    150/5 Shade
    various lowbies

i KNEW why i didnt buy LE, and all the stuff i read here only agrees on that
    U have to enjoy the fight to be really good.
    Devil Artemisv Hellcaster (retired)
    Warconfig
    usual PVMConfig
    Nosferatu Erinyes Alucard
    Devil Zyankali Advocate
    Yamaeda: Three Cyberdecks for the Opifex-kings under the sky, Seven for the Atrox-lords in their halls of notum, Nine for Nanomage doomed to die, One for the Dark Lady on her dark throne In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live. One Cyberdeck to rule them all, One Deck to find them, One Deck to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live.

"GM Santaki: If you are worried about being banned you should email support and explain that you are not involved in any exploiting. "

Type 1:
    Thermal Reprieve Broken Won't even execute.
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast