It had been a whole year since my return to the planet. A year spent in the shadows smuggling drugs notum and weapons to rebel and anti-Omni groups throughout the universe. My efforts were perhaps only ripples in a sea of tyranny but i can only hope my efforts would bring freedom to the frontiers of humanity and not to create more chaos.

The double suns of Rubi-ka pierced my eyes and flesh, i could feel the heat of the world bring a sense of home and comfort. Tir had barely changed at all, the city was full of youth and new soldiers ready to die a heroes death at the hands of omni-tek, the next war was about to start and many good people would die. All the tension on rubi-ka had exploded into full on armed conflict. I had seen omni-teks military might on many worlds other than rubi-ka, I could only hope those who fight them on fronts in systems unheard of by civilized society would give us the time we needed to push the omni-tek advance back.

Alarms started to ring in the city, I saw every soldiers tension and fear burst into a wave of anger and fright. War has truly come to rubi-ka i thought. We had flung ourselves over the edge of no return, the only way out now was the cold embrace of death. I stepped on the transport loading my gun never once looking back.