Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shade research for LE

well immo the biggest whine is about getting less AR for same amount of sk put into research and about getting goddam ugly procs for pvm compared to non evade classes like keeper, who get twice the amount of evades from their procs.. so sobe try to understand there was no balancing, just empowering goddam fugly keepers.

PS. with shade forum its not like MA forum, where the whine even when they get +19%!!!!!! crit proc
    PART TIME REACTIVATED

Quote Originally Posted by sobeguy View Post
    If you try to pvp like you have no weakness, all you'll notice is your drawbacks
    until you got your own tl7 shade and pvp regularly don't come here preaching to seasoned shade pvp'ers about issues that you don't have experience in.

Quote Originally Posted by sobeguy View Post
    Its telling that the biggest complaint threads on the shade forum since LE are about rapiers showing in sneak.
    utter rubbish, i personally know of three 220 shades who have given up with pvp since the release of LE. just because people don't post on the forums doesn't mean they are content with the changes FC gave in LE.

I didn't preach at anyone. And I didn't say I know how to pvp as a shade better than you do.

Forums are for discussion. Discussion means you'll come in contact with people you don't neccesarily agree with. If you lack the maturity to handle that like an adult, you got no business here.

If you don't like what I have to say, great. Say so. Telling me "don't come here preaching" blah blah blah doesn't further the conversation.

I do pvp with a shade, just not a 220. If anything, shades have bigger problems at 130, not less. Go pvp as something worse off than a shade, or quit trying to convince yourself that shades got it worst.
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

it is not about having it worst but about destroying balance even more.... so what sobe almost all dmg profs got better AR boost than us and in addition add def seems nerfed.... the result is still no improvement in landing perks for us BUT against us...
    PART TIME REACTIVATED

Quote Originally Posted by Skandalouz View Post
    it is not about having it worst but about destroying balance even more.... so what sobe almost all dmg profs got better AR boost than us and in addition add def seems nerfed.... the result is still no improvement in landing perks for us BUT against us...
    bump

Quote Originally Posted by jjones2666 View Post
    bump
    why am i sking still? i hit 220 and thought it was over!
    and the bonuses i get are pretty pathetic
    and how come my procs never trigger. no matter what i do
    Deadlyviper Level 220/15 11th 220 Solitus Shade
    Gimp Gear

Duranix
    -220/14 Soldier
    In Progress
    CPU1: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz - 21% Load
    CPU2: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz - 16% Load
    Video Card: Nvidia Geforce Go 7900 GS 256 mb
    Memory: Free: 1169MB | Used: 879MB | Total: 2047MB
    Current Foreground App: [client.exe] (AO)

procs not triggering is because youre a reading gimp ... saw it today 850 nano dmg from my twisted caress proc
    PART TIME REACTIVATED

Sweet!

Wrong thread, tho
    Proud member of the Wolf Brigade, a supporter of the NDI.

{Edited by Corwynn - Profanity, even badly spelt, is against the forum guidelines}
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    "Hush little baby, don't say a word"
    "Mommy's gonna get you an Ofab Bird."
    "If that Ofab Bird won't swing"
    "Mommy's gonna buy you an Ofab Ring."

it says increase my damage, aka damage buff ? not doing direct damage proc like our buff
    Deadlyviper Level 220/15 11th 220 Solitus Shade
    Gimp Gear

Duranix
    -220/14 Soldier
    In Progress
    CPU1: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz - 21% Load
    CPU2: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz - 16% Load
    Video Card: Nvidia Geforce Go 7900 GS 256 mb
    Memory: Free: 1169MB | Used: 879MB | Total: 2047MB
    Current Foreground App: [client.exe] (AO)

Bump !!
    Super post !!
    Somebody plz make a link, from the rooted posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuseren99 View Post
    Bump !!
    Super post !!
    Somebody plz make a link, from the rooted posts.
    Taken care of.
    Kelvera 220 Shade
    Emerelda 220 Crat

ok i havent read all the posts on this so sry if sumone else has put this forward
    and if im wrong in my assumsions and lack of research

if most other professions are getting around 160 - 200 in ar and im going to assume most dd perk lines in other profs are based on the main weap skill of that prof,
    that would mean that most of our perk line have been limited in regardes to chance to hit and over all dd, where other profs chance to hit and over all dd have been increase
    am i right in assuming this????
    if i am then FC dev's realy like playing joke on us shades

Assumption is correct that others have gotten more AR, and that we have gotten less.

But honestly, this should make it far easier getting 2k piercing in most teams (the ones without a trader) while still allowing far more defensive setup, eg, an arm or two going def, while still doing more than acceptable damage.

But alas, it is a minor, imho, stealth nerf in pvp. Not that we were teh bomb before, but still, a innsy bittsy stealth nerf.

{Edited by Corwynn - Profanity, even badly spelt, is against the forum guidelines}

We don't need more def in teams :P I run around with mostly CC & offensive arms, about 10k self HP & just don't need anything more. If it is gonna hit me it's gonna hit me no matter my setup ( pande portal zod for instance ), nothing I've come across in normal teaming situations has made me think "oh, I wish I'd got more defences".

PvP is another matter, I was letting a 220 (opi) fixer shoot me for a bit to test something out & he dropped one of his perks on me with DoF up. There doesn't seem to be enough offence and defence to go round unless you're trox.

No, cant really find anything to complain about in PvM, in most occascions. Change the arms a lil to and fro depending on the doc, or if there even is one, and the mob, if its an ai ship and whatnot. Same goes for rings, really.

But if we can be perked by ppl now, in PvP, we are quite screwd. Not that fixers have the worst AR in the game, but being perked through DoF sounds really bad, even with angry arms. Makes it quite horrible to think of what an enf can do, even without MR-lub.

Honestly in my opinion... don't think there's a ton more shades need (at least pvp wise)... survivability isn't a shades game in PvP.... it just isn't..., a shade is like an assassin.. shade is like the melee version of agent.. they sneak... wait for the right moment... KAPOW AKLSDJFKASDJFKASJDF - dead... Maybe shades could use a bit more AR... but beyond that, damage I don't think is a problem...

I personally saw Shiekah beat a 220 Keeper 1 vs 1..., so... yeah =o
    "Ignorance is bliss."
    Phat'est Trader on Rimor
    Phat = Pretty Hot and Tempting.
    Entrepreneur Grandmaster "Chacapo" Baiter - Forever Nerfed
    Also known as 'Poir'
    Clanners will be crushed!
    Omni-Tek shall prevail!
    One of the First Traders on Rimor To Have Nanobot Defense and Grand Theft Humidity

Nano, i agree with you completely. EXCEPT, that we cannot sneak around and gank like agents can. I agree it should be our role, but with a lack of concealment gear/perks/buffs compared to the amount of perception gear/perks/buffs we simply cannot do it.

We need more concealment to be able to 'play our role' (no sarcasm, that's why i made my shade... to sneak and gank). Until that point, we are lacking in defenses or offenses in pvp (based on the spirit choice) and neither of those makes pvp very fun. There are ways around it and there are some good, actively pvping shades, but profession fun should not be locked to a certain breed imo.
    Proud Member of Paradise

Yes.. maybe more ability to conceal I'd find reasonable.. but much beyond AR/that... pvp wise I definitely can't say shades need much more....
    "Ignorance is bliss."
    Phat'est Trader on Rimor
    Phat = Pretty Hot and Tempting.
    Entrepreneur Grandmaster "Chacapo" Baiter - Forever Nerfed
    Also known as 'Poir'
    Clanners will be crushed!
    Omni-Tek shall prevail!
    One of the First Traders on Rimor To Have Nanobot Defense and Grand Theft Humidity

First... Thanks for this nice overview of Shade research...

I was looking into what proc's to use and made this list, that I thought I might as well post here also.

Type 1
    Survival
    Elusive Sprit: Evades buff, +32 duck/dodge, +56 evade (Unlocks at lvl100)
    Siphon Being: Life Drain, -580 target +577 self (Unlocks at lvl190)
    Drain Essence: Life tap, -382 target/+310 self (Unlocks at lvl125)
    Sap Life: Life tap, -17 target/+7 self (Unlocks at lvl1)

Pure damage
    Blackheart: DD proc, 767 melee damage (Unlocks at lvl200)
    Twisted Caress: DD proc, 550 melee damage (Unlocks at lvl175)
    Devious Spirit: DD proc, 13 melee damage (Unlocks a lvl1)

Type 2
    Survival
    Blackened Legacy: Evades buff, +50 duck/dodge +100 evade (Unlocks at lvl200)
    Misdirection: Evade buff, +25 duck, doge +40 evade (Unlocks at lvl50)

Pure damage
    Shadowed Gift: Dot proc, 168 poison, 4 second tick x 15 (Unlocks at lvl150)
    Concealed Surprise: DD proc, 134 melee damage (Unlocks at lvl75)
    Toxic Confusion: Dot proc, 46 poison, 4 second tick x 20 (Unlocks at lvl75)

Best survival combo:
    If likely to evade significantly more with a little more evades.
    Elusive Sprit: Evades buff, +32 duck/dodge, +56 evade
    Blackened Legacy: Evades buff, +50 duck/dodge +100 evade
    or
    If unlikely to evade significantly more with a little more evades.
    Siphon Being: Life Drain, -580 target +577 self
    Blackened Legacy: Evades buff, +50 duck/dodge +100 evade

Best damage combo
    Blackheart: DD proc, 767 melee damage
    Shadowed Gift: Dot proc, 168 poison, 4 second tick x 15
    Last edited by Mekh; Feb 4th, 2009 at 23:08:53.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast