Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fixer Lost Eden Info Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AginorGotD View Post
    Please shoot me down.
    Well someone did last night didnt she?

I can only wonder how is all that swapping from hand to hand going to affect those that didnt raise MR. I have enough of it because I prefere to self all I want to, but I know lots of people find other places to put ip more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    I can only wonder how is all that swapping from hand to hand going to affect those that didnt raise MR. I have enough of it because I prefere to self all I want to, but I know lots of people find other places to put ip more important.
    Hmm, what do you mean here? Not sure I see where the LE guns require swapping where the old ones did not.

Agreed about the importance of selfing guns though... even if we could get 1981 FA I'd have to think hard about that route. *huggles phulaks*
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv
    President of the Obsidian Order - Join us today!

Quote Originally Posted by AginorGotD View Post
    Please shoot me down.
    *pew pew*

Quote Originally Posted by Sorhan View Post
    Hmm, what do you mean here? Not sure I see where the LE guns require swapping where the old ones did not.

Agreed about the importance of selfing guns though... even if we could get 1981 FA I'd have to think hard about that route. *huggles phulaks*
    I mean if you want to use Mk3/Kmp type 5 combo in pvm and Kmp 5/onehander in pvp, you have to swap that left hand weapon and it requires almost 1500 in multiranged.

Could someone sticky this thread please?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    I mean if you want to use Mk3/Kmp type 5 combo in pvm and Kmp 5/onehander in pvp, you have to swap that left hand weapon and it requires almost 1500 in multiranged.

Could someone sticky this thread please?
    Not much different than swapping KMP/onehander currently and those who don't to raise MR could just have 2 KMPs, ql300 and ql199
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv
    President of the Obsidian Order - Join us today!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorhan View Post
    Not much different than swapping KMP/onehander currently and those who don't to raise MR could just have 2 KMPs, ql300 and ql199
    Aye, if someone wants, they can still go out and get a 199 KMP 5 and dual wield it with a Hawk MK3 to reduce the MR required and keep fling as the fling never hits very hard anyway. Some number crunching and testing might need to be done, but I have a feeling a 300 KMP 5 and a onehander will still reign supreme for PVP fixers, not sure if a 300 Hawk MK3 and a 199 KMP 5 would OD it in PvM though, but a 300 hawk MK3/300 KMP 5 should OD dual KMPs in PvM.
    Villagebike - 220/22 Metaphysicist - Rebuilding
    Fyxi - 220/25 Fixer - Schtuff
    Nullnvoid - 164/6 Keeper - Supahgimp
    Skrappy - 150/2() Agent - wtb axpeh pl0x
    Irolldadvlol - 60/2 Adventurer - Ubahgimp

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    "FC Nerfsquad" When I have that made into a t-shirt I'll give you full credit.
    Join Primal Instinct in Age of Conan
    give it some love

A QL275 mk5 may work okay in pvm, paired with a kmp5. It's already more damage than the kmp is, though not as much so as the mk3, but it would enable us to out-alpha soldiers once every two minutes or so, either in pvm with a kmp5 offhand or pvp, with a onehander.

I'm still pretty offended at the inclusion of a ql300 submachine gun with a full auto requirement that's not possible for fixers to obtain, but whatever. The type12 was generally thought to be the same way at AI release, no?

QL275 would still be more effort than most (non support) professions have to twink to get a ql300 weapon on, but it would be pretty easily done with a ql290+ full auto right arm implant and a my +118str gunship.

A ql300mk3 does more damage in theory over time than a ql275mk5, but only by a marginal amount (see here and here for simulations using numbers from my projected setup over 90s. Note that 1400 AR in the simulator is the same as 2600AR in game, due to AR over 1k only being worth 1/4 its previous benefit). In practice, it may actually perform better, because anytime there was a brief pause in combat the full auto would be refreshing, while we can more or less assume burst/fling are ready for every new fight. So things like alien raids, that come in waves, the FA recharge being 90 seconds would have no real detrimental difference to a FA recharge at 30 seconds - it would be 15k once per wave.

Of course, it could also perform worse. I ran the calc with my base crit%, but if I had pande calcs, mop and tts, bringing me up to 37% crit rate, then the difference in the crit modifier and max damage matters more, increasing the variance in damage over 90 seconds by 50%, in favor of the mk3. But maybe not, cause FA bullets can crit. But do we need them to with a 50 bullet clip and bullets hitting for 1500-2k each noncrit (more, with a soldier/keeper in team or with reinforce running)? Granted FA damage over 10k is nerfed a lot, but it only takes us 5-7 bullets to hit that point, and I have a 3% miss rate, so my average FA would be 30 bullets.

Yay for math, I'll stop now.
    Last edited by Breaks; Dec 19th, 2006 at 16:07:14.

Bump for updates to the front thread!

Switched to tinyurl.com links to give me space for additions. (backend fix, shouldn't affect anything for you)

Added Guns and Armor in 25QL increments, Listed Gun stats/reqs, Fixed incorrect research links, made a section for broken procs, and added VP prices across the board.
    Last edited by Breaks; Dec 19th, 2006 at 21:45:08.

bump for a great thread, gj Breaks

You can't do 30 bullets FA, since FA is capped at 28 and not even Krsfenris reached that at 220/30, he do 27 with some 2.3K FA.
    I had 21 bullet cap with 1700ish FA, so 1900 should be somewhere in between.
    Last edited by Racatti; Dec 20th, 2006 at 02:57:51.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    You can't do 30 bullets FA, since FA is capped at 28 and not even Krsfenris reached that at 220/30, he do 27 with some 2.3K FA.
    I had 21 bullet cap with 1700ish FA, so 1900 should be somewhere in between.
    Aha, well, it should still take under 20 bullets to make 15k damage.

Bump for sticky of a great thread

Procs

Thought I'd make a list of the procs we have and what it does. I know it's in the first post, but it can be a little difficult to get an overview over what type 1 and 2 actions that are available to us and what they do. At least I was looking for one just now, and Breaks list didn't quite do it for me(Sorry Breaks, you did a great job with the rest ).

Type 1 Procs:

Dirty Tricks.
    This proc offers a 5% dodge buff.
    Gained from Acquisition 6

Break Repression (Intense Metabolism).
    The proc offers a 250 nano int buff, although note that the buff it actually runs is called Intense Metabolism, so it's possibly bugged. Maybe todays downtime will change it.
    Gained from Smuggler's Sense 3

Escape the System.
    This proc reduce the duration of any root currently running on you by 45 seconds.
    Gained from Respectable Businessman 4

Backyard Bandages.
    This proc is a hot healing from 362-370, with ticks at 10 sec intervals. So healing between 2172-2220 hp.
    Gained from Insurance 6

Slip them a Mickey.
    This proc is a +60 damage buff to all damage types.
    Gained from Subtlety 10

Type 2 Procs:

Fish in a Barrel.
    This proc debuffs your targets evade/duck/dodge by 85 points.
    Gained from Cunning 2

Luck's Calamity
    A better version of Fish in a Barrel, this one debuffs 170.
    Gained from Cunning 8

Contaminated Bullet.
    Currently this is a +3 damage buff to projectile, poison and mêlée. Whatever thats correct or not will hopefully be resolved by todays downtime.
    Gained from Cunning 1

Bootleg Remedies.
    This hot heals you for 406-439 with a 10 sec tick, running for 1 minute. So between 2436 and 2634 hp healed.
    Gained from Respectable Businessman 10

Underground Sutures
    This hot heals you for 15-18 with a 10 sec tick, running for 1 minute. So between 90 and 108 hp healed.
    Gained from Fallback Plan 1

Fighting Chance.
    A +17 damage buff to all damage types.
    Gained from Fallback Plan 5

Bending the Rules.
    A +40 damage buff to all damage types.
    Gained from Subtlety 7

Summery:
    Both type 1 and type 2 offers a Hot type action, and a damage buff. And there are also root reducers, evade debuffs and buffs.

If running both the type 1 and 2 damage procs from Subtlety you can get up to +100 damage. I think you can get something like 71(?) hits per minute with dual 1/1 weapons and capped fling and burst. So a boost of 7100 per minute under ideal conditions.

If running the best HoT procs, Bootleg Remedies(Respectable Businessman 10) and Backyard Bandages(Insurance 6) you get a total of 4608-4854 extra healing for a minute.
    So if your running Omni-Med Incursion(1464-3312 hp) and Lasting Ultimatum(2796-3012) you get a total of 8868-11178 hp healing over a minute. (8244-10386 with HnQ)
    So an nice improvement in our healing ability.

Note: Some of this might change with the current downtime. Will check later.
    Last edited by Kahiri; Dec 20th, 2006 at 14:49:31.

I don't think that Underground Sutures or Contaminated Bullets are in any way broken, since the level requirement on them is 1. Sure it sucks for a 220, but at level 1 they do make a difference

Gives people a reason to train research before hitting 220

Aye, we shouldn't expect to much from lvl 1 procs. I been having Sutures running for the past few days, as I didn't had anything more useful to run as a Type 2. Only now got Fighting Chance to replace it.

It looks to me as the main choice you have to make is to run damage procs, or healing procs. Damage would be great insituations where you don't end up with aggre, where as healing might be better for soloing or tanking(if you don't need the damage to keep aggro of course ).

Not quite sure where the other procs fit into it. I likely won't be using them so much, although the ability to debuff with procs and nanos might be nice.

Great thread, has made the new expansion much more understandable!
    Thanks man!
    "Footlight" Agent
    "Weasel" Fixer
    "Hound" Shade
    "Universe" Keeper

So, did any of the procs chance after the downtime yesterday? Any new ones thats working?

backyard bandages still does not trigger. didn't test my uber team evades debuff proc
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

oh sticky this one please!

Added this thread to the Fixer FAQ sticky.

Please, feel free to keep it up to date so that my job stays easy. <3
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast