Thread: Council of Truth Urges Clansmen to Take Up Arms

Council of Truth Urges Clansmen to Take Up Arms

Tir, Atlantean, Rubi-ka (11 Dec, 29480)

The Council of Truth directs all able clansmen, indeed all non-corporate inhabitants of Rubi-Ka, to take up arms, prepare to defend yourselves, and to take direct action to prevent Omni-Tek from gaining control of the battlestations and using their firepower against us, as is their intent. As Tarkhan Zora now seeks to have the ICC's military sanctions eased on Rubi-Ka, the Council will take immediate action to obtain hardware up to the limit of the modified sanctions and make it available to the Clans.

Despite diplomacy offers from the Council of Truth to Omni-Tek, Tarkhan Zora has stopped nothing short of a declaration of war against the clans. From our clandestine beginnings in 29202 and the uprising in 29206, the Clans have held Omni-Tek at bay, claimed Omni-2 as their own, pushed to the walls of Omni-1, and maintained control the northern terraformed regions of Rubi-Ka. The Clans cannot be destroyed--our survival is not in question. A free Rubi-Ka will be achieved.

To join or learn more about the Council of Truth, visit their gridsite at http://www.counciloftruth.org/.
    Fayelure,
    President of 3305 Local.

It's so odd seeing this council. I've read everything there is to read about the old one. Something like this would probably never come from them.

Radiman was partly right when he said times and the clans have changed. The clans haven't changed, times have. Clans have always wanted freedom and with Zora now blustering for our demise, he's probably learning that we won't go quietly.

Right here, Ross would give an amnesty or something of equal deception... Zora isn't like that. He may not even be paying attention for all we know. He certainly isn't listening to his employees.

nice post, very enlightening....
    What battlestations? and where? and finally when?
    There is no Knowledge that is not power.
    ~Sharmouta 4 ever~
    Sharmylee, 220 MA- Atlantean

you see, i believe Radiman had a vision, and truly believed in peace. He understood that while omni-tek may be " the enemy" they are ,after all, humans with lives too.

Now, of course, we'll have to see if the rise against "The enemy" will mean we nooties get gangbanged from both sides now.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

In theory the 'sides' should be fighting each other, since that is the conflict that is supposedly going on.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

To quote a famous historical text:

A world is supported by four things. *holds open the fingers from her right hand* The learning of the wise, the justice of the great, the prayers of the righteous and the valor of the brave. But all of these are as of nothing *clamping her hand shut into a fist* without a ruler who knows the art of ruling.

So I ask you.. What type of ruler shall Ka have? A world torn between houses and factions. Dependent on the flow of notum. Shall we have one whom sees life as an expendible resource in pursuit of notum. Or one who cares about the people and sees the benifit notum provides.

A desperate time is ahead. There shall be many losses. But let us not lose what is most important of all. Our very existance as a people and this planet as our home.
    Last edited by Xaun; Dec 12th, 2006 at 19:27:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Faye View Post
    The Council of Truth directs all able clansmen [...] to take up arms, prepare to defend yourselves[...]

[...]the Clans have held Omni-Tek at bay, claimed Omni-2 as their own, pushed to the walls of Omni-1, and maintained control the northern terraformed regions of Rubi-Ka.
    Perhaps we at Omni-Tek need to make a call to defense with all that claiming of territory and lust for more the Clans keep pushing - you got Omni-2 and "pushed the walls of Omni-1." Where does the greed of the Clans end?
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

mmmm

It amazes one,at the limits clanners will take to steal something. mmmmm yes it does indeed amaze. They call for freedom, yet they act as theives who take from the rightful owners...mmm yess I think perhaps it is time for Omni to act as a responsible parent... yess and take the clans in hand, and like a good parent, punish them for stealing....mmmm yess the clans should be punished for the theft of land From Omni...they are theives and contract breakers...mmm yess and perhaps the so called neutrols should also be taken back into the fold? mmmm yess didnt a general once say, if you are not with us, you are against us? mmmm yess and any man who has once broken his word and spit on a signed contract...yess perhaps it is past time for Omni to punish these misbehaveing children...:the shade fades back into the shadows,strokeing her daggers, muttering to herself:
    "If you shoot a clanner,do they not bleed?
    If you run them over with a mech,do they not cry?
    If you walk up behind them and shove your daggers into their spines,do they not die?
    Sence the answer to all of this is yes, we should all do it as much as possible!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nevver View Post
    Where does the greed of the Clans end?
    When ya'll are dead
    Point Blank

That's pretty much the answer I expected and why we Omnis must protect ourselves. The Council's call to arms is just more political propaganda to make it's misguided subjects believe that they are victims and get them to fight like the pawns they are for the Council's twisted agenda.
    Last edited by Nevver; Dec 14th, 2006 at 15:52:40.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Talking

Xaun glad to see that you liked my phrase that i suggested was apropriate(spelling probably wrong) United we stand ... Divided we fall.. tho nice of you to change it slightly.
    Last edited by Templar; Dec 14th, 2006 at 23:56:18.

Actually Templar, you can ask anyone here this has been my signature for about 8 months :P Tho its nice to see we have a similar objective and outcry to the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevver View Post
    That's pretty much the answer I expected and why we Omnis must protect ourselves. The Council's call to arms is just more political propaganda to make it's misguided subjects believe that they are victims and get them to fight like the pawns they are for the Council's twisted agenda.
    Typical Omni answer. Just remeber when your co-workers are dead, and your cities are piles of burning rubble, Zora declared war on *US*. Zora ordered Omni to attack the clans, while the CoT urged the clans to use the military hardware to fight of the aliens.
    Point Blank

A person breaks into your house, and through force takes over the 2nd floor. He claims that he "needs" this to live. He claims that its his "right" to live where he wants. If you try to move him out of your house, he SHOOTS at you! Isnt that YOUR house? Didnt you PAY for it? Didnt you have to WORK long and hard to be able to afford that house and all your stuff? And this person says its his "right" to do this? This isnt "freedom"...this is CRIME.

Rubi-Ka is not a free planet....it is a workplace. It is a piece of property legally leased and operated by a corporation. The whole planet...with exclusive mining rights. SO, by a legal and binding contract, every piece of dirt...every mote of notum, belongs to OT. And, every being on this piece of property without OT permission is a trespasser. Every being that mines notum without OT permission is a thief.

If the combined Clans were to approach OT about being moved to another planet, this would certainly happen. (except the NMs of course, something would be worked out for them) The war on RK is just BAD for business. OT does NOT want the war to continue. The extra security is too costly, and profit IS the main idea here.

This is TRUE....this is FACT. I dare you to prove me wrong.
    Last edited by FILO_Gunfytr; Jan 6th, 2007 at 02:51:05.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

just remember how concerned for the miners you were.. had you cared more for people than machines.. there would be no clans..

"They were just Atroxes"
    Point Blank

Ok Xaun i hadnt realised that, but yeah its good to know that we are thinking along the same lines.
    Secondly Atroxs HAVE RIGHTS! we are people too, not oranic hardware thats expendible, no life is expendible (exeception is made for Tarkhan Zora) every one of us is good at something.

Omni Tek created the clans as a result of them not believing in the rights of Atroxs, if i were you i would not make the same misatke twice otherwise you will look like idiots.
    Last edited by Templar; Jan 6th, 2007 at 17:42:05.

Not just Atroxes. the mine collapse, however, is a prime example of the abuse Omni puts their work force through.

They treat each and every employee like livestock, and have no reguard for human life what so ever. Only when the higher-ups, in their fancy suits start feeling the heat do they begin to act like they give a damn.
    Point Blank