Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRRK: Breaking News! Portman Escapes!

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Breaking News! Portman Escapes!

Breaking News! Portman Escapes!
    December 11, 29480 - [Global]

There have been rumours,the past few weeks, about what has been going on, ever since the red armoured commandos appeared in 20k. Just minutes ago, an Omni-Pol official made a statement, on behalf of the Omni-Pol Director, Ivan Sergeyich.

--
    The notorious Adrienne Portman has escaped from a hidden prison, in the Andromeda area, this past Saturday. A search mission, with the sole purpose of arresting Portman, ended in failure today, despite heavy support from the employees of Omni-Tek.

There are many details which are not known at this time. However, it has been pointed out that the Council of Truth, the governing body of the Clans, has been active in the attacks on various Omni-Tek installations and outposts the past few weeks. There are even rumours, saying that the Clan, formerly lead by Portman, called Red Freedom, has been involved in several, if not all, of the major actions over the past few weeks.
    --

Red Freedom, was thought to have been wiped out, but it seems that someone forgot to tell them that. What will the future bring? Only time will tell.

Stay tuned for a special article about Portman and Red Freedom, as well as an official statement from Omni-Pol Director, Ivan Sergeyich.

*chuckles* Bad day eh, Ivan?

How did you even manage to let her escape anyway? You guys are getting soft.
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

red armor? Could be the dusters at it again.

Nope, they are not part of Kronillis's monkeyherd at all. Dont let the red outfit fool you. They are much cooler than that.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

no, it's the dusters.

Missive sent.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Dec 12th, 2006 at 02:09:05.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

The CoT was behind the attack!?

Some of our 'crats should look into suing the IRRK for such abusive journalism.

All talk and no proof once again.
    Point Blank

I have to agree with Kotts here.

the Council of Truth, the governing body of the Clans
    That part is far from accurate. My uncle served Portman before it was discovered she was linked to the Dust Brigade, lets hope this former CoT Commander will not come back among us to create chaos once again.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Can I have a cup of tee with those rumors, please?

Or is this a copy of Mr.Zora's status report? It would sure explain his speach.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Omni-Tek is a company; they make things and sell them for profit. They can barely spell terms like 'objectivity', 'impartiality', 'ethics' and 'morality'. Far as I am concerned, they are far from 'the law' on Rubi-Ka, or anywhere else in the universe.

I don't care if she blew up half of Old Athen; no one is ever 'justly' imprisoned by Omni-Tek.
    Lieutenant Michaela "Salvena" Scales - The Black Company 212/13 Nano Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    AOE abilities allow very fast levelling from 1 to 200 for a talented NT, they can level much faster then many other professions
    Kiting is not talent. Actually finding a niche, doing your job and making your team enjoy having you is talent. I have never kited anything, and I never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvena View Post
    Omni-Tek is a company; they make things and sell them for profit.
    Ok. That is true. But clans and neutrals sell items or services for profit too.. or you are too blinded by your hatred too see that?

They can barely spell terms like 'objectivity', 'impartiality', 'ethics' and 'morality'. Far as I am concerned, they are far from 'the law' on Rubi-Ka, or anywhere else in the universe.
    "Objectivity", "Impartiality", "Ethics", "Morality"
    Did I pass your little test?

In your post you prove that you are NOT objective or impartial... so you have no right to judge others...

I don't care if she blew up half of Old Athen; no one is ever 'justly' imprisoned by Omni-Tek.
    Here I have to agree with you. Imprisorment is not a solution, is not "moral"... or profitable.

Adrienne Portman should have been judged for the crimes she commited and, if she would have been found guilty she should be punished.
    For those crimes the punisment is permadeath, although I'd recommend a thorough reformation.

Researching some ancient archive from Omni-Tek library I found a work of the famous Asimov, and there I found this paragraph:
    "Remember, Bigman, it is easy 'protect society' by executing a criminal, but that will not bring back his victims. If one can cure him instead and use him to make life better and brighter for that society, how much more has been accomplished!"
    Even the great Asimov saw reforming as a "justified" and "moral" punishment.
    Last edited by Aerya; Dec 12th, 2006 at 22:00:34.
    Hikari "Aerya" Hirano (Level 220 AI 30 LE 70) Number of Invaders killed: 108121 [Equipment]
    Squad Commander of First Order (retired)
    OT-Reform Officer

"Remember, Bigman, it is easy "protect society" by executing a criminal, but that will not bring back his victims. If one can cure him instead and use him to make life better and brighter for that society, how much more has been accomplished!"
    I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.
    We do not KILL people... We PROCESS them

there you go.

"should have been judged" but wasn't. Those peaceknicks from years gone by stepped aside while one of our greatest Clan leaders was picked up by Omni-Pol and sent to prison. God only knows what Omni-Tek did to her in that prison these five long years.

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    one of our greatest Clan leaders was picked up by Omni-Pol and sent to prison.
    Better check your records.

1. She wasn't a clan leader.
    2. She was a former CoT Commander.
    3. She left the CoT and her position after the death of her husband at the hands of Omni-Tek.
    4. She started the Red Freedom movement.
    5. It was discovered she was linked to the Dust Brigade and most clan leaders with a grain of self respect left Red Freedom.
    6. Some clan leaders were going to pressure the CoT to issue an arrest warrant for Portman for conspiring with the Dust Brigade since the dusters had attacked Tir and Old Athen unprovoked.
    7. Had she not been arrested, it is possible she would have end up labeled a traitor to the clans anyways.
    8. OT saved us the trouble of dealing with her.
    9. Dust Brigade killed hundreds of our people, she knew it...and she made the choice of working with them...now we may have to deal with her anyways...and maybe make her pay for her betrayal.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. lol
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

1.) Semantic argument

4.) so far, so good.

5.) and? Linked in what way? ...or are we talking about that horrible recording ages ago? ...let me save you the trouble either way; I don't care about it. Doesn't change my mind. She did what she had to do to bring the war to Omni-Tek.

6.) See 5

7.) Opinion

8.) People like your cousin let her get arrested for some unrealistic feeling of honor that got us 5 years of low-grade warfare. Not a step forward, in my opinion. Didn't notice "peace" anywhere or feel much more holy when you rid yourselves of that horrible Portman did you? All that group did was prolong the inevitable.

9.) Self-righteousness is a terrible thing.

What most of the "honor" crowd tend to miss is that there are people on this planet who do not care what you think and only see the means to the end. Years of diplomacy have yeilded a unwinnable guerilla war, a rise in self-righteousness and a bunch of clanners who joined because it sounded cool to fight a corporation with little to no repercussions.

I'll have you take a look back a few years at Silverstone. Sure, call him an extremist. I remember that he stormed out of the council a long time ago and called all of you traitors. No one missed him. Wonderful! Your first victory to alienate clanners for their beliefs. Started early.

Portman, seeing this group of clanners, knowing that peace with Omni-Tek would not bring her husband back went to the "extremist" side as well. Well, that extremist side wasn't really extreme. It was the original belief that started this revolution hundreds of years ago. No one was helping. She did what she felt was best.

She didn't lose sight. The Council did. It's easy to say this now, but peace was NOT going to happen so long as one clanner remembered why we were fighting. A Free Rubi-Ka.

That feeling hasn't died and won't die for a long time. Honor is nothing in war. Justification is meaningless. Force means everything.

Please don't take this as a personal shot. I have a lot of respect for your cousin. I've read about him for a long time. We just happen to be polar opposites concerning this war and keeping the blood of the clans warm with memory of why all this started.
    Last edited by Astera; Dec 12th, 2006 at 22:14:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    Honor is nothing in war. Justification is meaningless. Force means everything.
    And you say Omni-Tek is evil ...
    Hikari "Aerya" Hirano (Level 220 AI 30 LE 70) Number of Invaders killed: 108121 [Equipment]
    Squad Commander of First Order (retired)
    OT-Reform Officer

"Remember, Bigman, it is easy "protect society" by executing a criminal, but that will not bring back his victims. If one can cure him instead and use him to make life better and brighter for that society, how much more has been accomplished!"
    I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.
    We do not KILL people... We PROCESS them

*laughs* evil has nothing to do with it.

8.) People like your cousin let her get arrested for some unrealistic feeling of honor that got us 5 years of low-grade warfare.
    To clarify, it was my uncle who was leading the clan 5 years ago.

Portman, seeing this group of clanners, knowing that peace with Omni-Tek would not bring her husband back went to the "extremist" side as well. Well, that extremist side wasn't really extreme. It was the original belief that started this revolution hundreds of years ago. No one was helping. She did what she felt was best.
    I have to disagree, The reason the miners rose and became a Clan (they didn't split into different clans until later on) was because they were practically SLAVES to Omni-Tek. The had two choices...continue dying or fight.

Portman had more than two choices, actually because she was a CoT Commander she had more choices than even a clan leader. She chose to work with the same group that attacked the clans...how does compare to the miners that rose against OT?

Silverstone is an extremist, but he is basically a loyal clanner...as misguided as his hatred for the neutrals may be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast