Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IRRK: Breaking News! Portman Escapes!

Well, we each have our views of why we're fighting.

Portman was a determined individual who suffered greatly at the hands of Omni Tek and unfortunately, some clanners as well.

Her revenge will be something to see and do nothing but good for the Clans.

Point fingers at each other and find faults all ya want. Bickerin' will not change anything that *has* happened.

I'm gettin' sick and tired of hearing clan unity this, clan unity that, an' yet everyone who says they want it, can't help but start more fights! Really, why? Why can't we just accept that each and every clanner is different? We think different, we live different, and we believe different. In the end of it though we all want our freedom. We really delusional enough to expect all of Ka to stop and bow before us like We're some god, just because our clan was "right"?

For feck's sake people! Ross is gone. Zora's speech had erased every last bit'a hope of peace. The cold war is soon to be over, and another civil war is just around the corner. Fighting each other will only make us easier targets.

We loss control now, and we'll lose every last bit'a progress those miners made. I'd welcome just about anyone to our side that truly believes in a free Rubi-ka.

Shut up.
    Put it up.
    And fight!
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Windkeeper View Post
    8. OT saved us the trouble of dealing with her.
    I just lost any and all respect I may have had for you, your organization and anything either has to say.

Your cousin should be ashamed to have put such a simpering wimp in control. You squeal like a babe in diapers and cow-tow to Omni-Tek for doing your dirty work.

Go slay a dragon and rescue a damsel, knight. Leave the war to the ones with their heads on straight.
    Last edited by Salvena; Dec 13th, 2006 at 08:45:29.
    Lieutenant Michaela "Salvena" Scales - The Black Company 212/13 Nano Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    AOE abilities allow very fast levelling from 1 to 200 for a talented NT, they can level much faster then many other professions
    Kiting is not talent. Actually finding a niche, doing your job and making your team enjoy having you is talent. I have never kited anything, and I never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerya View Post
    "Objectivity", "Impartiality", "Ethics", "Morality"
    Did I pass your little test?
    That depends, how many times did you use the spell-checker on your terminal?
    In your post you prove that you are NOT objective or impartial... so you have no right to judge others...
    Glad we agree on something; those who are incapable of impartiality shoud not be judging.
    I do not judge.
    I kill.
    I am a soldier.
    Adrienne Portman should have been judged for the crimes she commited and, if she would have been found guilty she should be punished.
    For those crimes the punisment is permadeath, although I'd recommend a thorough reformation.
    Yes. Should have. Though (again, for reasons of impartiality) not by Omni-Tek, but likely the Civil Authority of her fellow Clans. I would have recused myself for reasons you were kind enough to point out.
    AOE abilities allow very fast levelling from 1 to 200 for a talented NT, they can level much faster then many other professions
    Kiting is not talent. Actually finding a niche, doing your job and making your team enjoy having you is talent. I have never kited anything, and I never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvena View Post
    I just lost any and all respect I may have had for you, your organization and anything either has to say.

Your cousin should be ashamed to have put such a simpering wimp in control. You squeal like a babe in diapers and cow-tow to Omni-Tek for doing your dirty work.

Go slay a dragon and rescue a damsel, knight. Leave the war to the ones with their heads on straight.
    In other words, you support her choice to align herself with terrorists who attacked our cities, killed clan citizens and assasinated several clan leaders?...wouldn't all those facts and events be considered treason again the clans? even a soldier who claims not to judge others (yet you clearly judged me) should be able to see this.

As for slaying a dragon, Inferno has a few I'd like to take on as a challenge, and the damsels I know are all clanners...and not in need of any rescuing, they are strong independent women. I'm sure Lord Galahad and the Knights of Avalon will appreciate your comments about knighthood...but I doubt you will be foolish enough to say it to their faces.

Yes. Should have. Though (again, for reasons of impartiality) not by Omni-Tek, but likely the Civil Authority of her fellow Clans. I would have recused myself for reasons you were kind enough to point out.
    Which is why it was a problem on how to deal with her, the CoT was not sure how to approach the situation, clan leaders were divided...and it could have lead to a civil war. The current CoT is not the governing body of the clans, therefore has no authority to prosecute her, so what civil authority are you talking about?...did we form some sort of new goverment or council in the past few days and nobody announced it?

You recuse yourself from what? something that doesn't exist, what a nice safe choice.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

I don't even know why I bother. This is an absolute joke.
    Point Blank

I think you're right, Kotts.

I know I can get very defensive sometimes and I apologize for it. I just don't like the thought of yet another witch hunt among the clans to weed out someone that people might not like or agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    I think you're right, Kotts.

I know I can get very defensive sometimes and I apologize for it. I just don't like the thought of yet another witch hunt among the clans to weed out someone that people might not like or agree with.
    Aww leave off...she can't be that bad can she? I know us neuts are a lot more open to free thinkers and the like but she is one of your own. Can't you forgive, forget and give a big huggy?
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Windkeeper View Post
    In other words, you support her choice to align herself with terrorists who attacked our cities, killed clan citizens and assasinated several clan leaders?...wouldn't all those facts and events be considered treason again the clans? even a soldier who claims not to judge others (yet you clearly judged me) should be able to see this.
    You have some kind of hard evidence the rest of us do not? Even Omni-Pol, who picked her up lacked any kind of hard evidence, or they woul have at least faked a trial.

And to be clear, I do no issue an arbitrary decision of your guilt or innocense, quality and character that I in any way expect others to endorse, or even approve of. Let's make sure we're not confusing 'legal judgement' with just having a personal dislike and unfavorable opinion of someone. One kind is expected to be impartial and objective. The other, by definition, cannot be. Cleared up now?

I'm sure Lord Galahad and the Knights of Avalon will appreciate your comments about knighthood...but I doubt you will be foolish enough to say it to their faces.
    I'd love the opportunity for an audience with Lord Galahad. Let me know when that can be arranged, will ya?

Which is why it was a problem on how to deal with her, the CoT was not sure how to approach the situation, clan leaders were divided...and it could have lead to a civil war. The current CoT is not the governing body of the clans, therefore has no authority to prosecute her, so what civil authority are you talking about?...did we form some sort of new goverment or council in the past few days and nobody announced it?

You recuse yourself from what? something that doesn't exist, what a nice safe choice.
    It was a Clan problem, and the Clans should have dealt with it. If the Council of the time (which was the civil authority who should have presided over her trial, by the way) and the various Clan leaders could not prevent the situation from deteriorating in to a Clan civil war, then they did not deserve the power they feared to use.

Personally, I consider anyone and everyone that stood idly by while turing over one of their sworn brethren to the enemy a coward. And that holds true for anyone that says 'OT saved us the trouble'. You only lend legitimacy to them, and grant them power over us - power that I have shed no small amount of my own blood to deny them.

I am sorry, Kotts, but if thinking like this prevails - Unity or no - the entirety of the Clans are in for a very painful route. How the hell are we going to ever possibly defeat Omni-Tek if we can't even get our own house in order, and have to run to them to deal with our boogiemen?
    Last edited by Salvena; Dec 13th, 2006 at 19:54:54.

Question:

Why are you all even arguing this? Its an old topic that obiovusly wasnt settled on years ago. It has only a slight bearing on the task at hand. If unity is what you are all after, then I cant help but wonder how this is helping.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

*waits for the article on Red Freedom that this one promised*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12