Thread: afk team

afk team

Sorry just got to vent about a guy named Kerbstomp-(doc) who disappears right at the beginning of the first floor. We are on like the 4th floor, people cracking jokes abt thanks for the heals doc, ect. I mention we should we probably boot him him since we are now 89% complete, then we get this.

Kerbstomp: lol
    Kerbstomp: sorry guys had some rl problems, wont happen again, they are gone.

its 95-97% by time he finds the vators and makes it back.
    we go up do boss. boss loot time.

Guess who tries to claim 2 peices of the best loot before its even finished posting? Yup.

I said,
    Chill out Kerb, your were gone for over 3/4 of mission.
    Thinking if it were me, i would be happy to have not been booted, at the very least he should be picking last.

Oh, then the guy who picked the mission, goes completely afk with out saying anything either , just outside boss room and is gone the entire boss fight, the long process after, so we leave (with mission item) he is still there. His name was Vatten-something 145 MA.

back to kerbstomp,
    he proceeds to call me names,
    I tell him, screw you (ya, i lost it a little) I was working while you were afk.
    He lets loose a childish tirade of expletives up to the point I hit leave team.

So just a fair warning...

Heya Foo!

You know me as Hunterkat, but anyways.... I know just what you're talking about. You work your ass off to get the team some XP and kill mobs and do whatever it is you do best, and some clown decides to step on your toes.

I know you, and have teamed with you, so I know what you're saying is true. I know you do your best when you're on a team. I've just so happend to team with that doc once before too, and he was not to my liking either.

I've had this happen with a few ppl also. One of the worst was "thefollower".

yup i vouch for foodaddy ^_^

Was in the same team as Foodaddy. And behavior like this should not be tolerated when ur hitting close to 150 and over. There is allways a challenge to get together a good team. When you have finally made a team and started the mission someone goes afk. A healer 150+ isn't nessecary but preferred so the mission can go as fast as possible. People that team should have considerd one thing in advance of joining a team for a team mission, do i have something else todo but playing AO for an hour or two. If they have please do all RL things in advace. People in the high levels play team mission just to get exp and get to know other players. If something will interfere with this, please dont join the team.

Just to keep some more in this tread, another things that is anonnying is when mission is 78% finished the only enforcer (real tank) in the mission says that he has to leave. Sure i do understand that they have todo that, but again take in consideration that all the other members of the team will now maybe not be able to finish off this mission they all have wasted a hour on.

In my time in AO from the launch and till now I have seen lot's of weird things happening in missions, and in team. But i repeat again please allways try allways to stick in the team until the quest of the team is finished. This will make all the players in the team happy, and next time you are trying to get a team maybe people will remember you as a person that sticks with the team until the job is done.
    Smuzz - 220 - NT - RK1
    Proud General of the Squishy Unit in Ragnarok
    The Reclaiminator

Bah

That's lame behaviour regardless of level. Kick those people -- you'll all get better xp for the effort.

Yup.. age old things people do. I remember a while back when a nano tech in tank armor with pistols joined my group.. then he put the doctor on follow and went AFK the entire time. Came back a bit later.. and said oh sorry was AFK.. then does it again.

Well this was outdoors.. at the NW mines. So we ran him into an LB and got him taken care of.

If you are going to go afk.. for real life stuff leave the team and go outdoors. Thats just not cool soaking up exp. Get real.
    Shattered Dreams
    http://www.shattereddreams.org

LoL I've teamed with that Kerbstomp also with my enforcer, was a while back but it would appear nothing has changed. Before we cleared the whole first floor in a BS mission (reference to it being a smaller mission) he had already pissed off most of team mates, then got to the point where we just asked him to leave. Now I can understand how lag and such can really hinder a docs abilities, which was his complaint, but for most part he was whining and the afk also was a biggy, so yea, I feel you bro about that loon. It just saddens me that people like that can get to decent lvls where you would think that all the petty bickering and whining would have dissipated (SP?) but they are a constant reminder as to how some people can, and choose to be.