Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: **Request for info! pre-AI NT-Bugs**

Question **Request for info! All NT-Bugs**

Updated 11/29/2006 By Steveo
    • Constant Barrage doesn't seem to be stacking against other players and possibly mobs as well.
    • Perk specials that need the target to be already running a perk special do not seem to be working from the Theoretical Research line. Quark Containment Field cannot be followed up by the special Sabotage Quark Field that engies/traders get, thus the next special on the TR line we also cannot use.
      • Status: Reported but need more information on this one, when and where it happens, a reproducable test case would be very beneficial
      • In the database it says CastNano Self Affected by Quark Containment Field. This appears to mean that the NT is now affected by this and the mob is not, thus the engineer/trader would have to attack the NT with his perk in order for the chain to continue, which would be impossible anyway now, since the target should be the mob.
      • Testing: Train these perks on a trader and an NT and attempt the chain.

• When affected by a DOT and layers run out, the final little bit of damage the layers would have absorbed before running out are added to the damage from the DOT tick that makes them expire, instead of getting subtracted.

• When nuking and a fumble occurs, taunt is still calculated.

• Nano Vulnerability special on Notum Source line (Notum Overflow) not working correctly. (not checked with latest patch)
      • Test case: Train these perks and execute them. Nothing happens.

• "Channeling Of Notum" Aura interrupts any nano casting at the moment of refresh. This is true for all auras.

• “Channeling of Notum” aura ends PvP grace period.

• If you try to override a lower HE with a higher HE, the NCU is calculated against the lower HE and if you don't have enough available NCU you have to then cancel the lower HE to get the new one to work. It should just override the lower HE counting that NCU in the total.

• The Faithful Nano Technician Cloak has 250 less health than the Omni version.

• When calculating range for nanos the range is taken from NT head (or NT anywhere) to the head of the mob, while guns shoot at feet. This causes NTs to have to stand closer to very tall mobs.
      Another problem relating to this is the Beast and Tchu raids. These raids have weapon users being able to stand further than 40m away from the target and attack it, while nanocasters must be within the (bugged) range of their nanos to do so.
      • Status: This should now be fixed, if anyone could confirm that would be great

• Flim Focus special, from the Ancient Matrix perkline, adds the wrong nanoinit. Instead of adding 10% of Base Initiative, it adds 10% of the IP cost of the skill.

• NR Debuff nukes do not have any effect on perks checking vs. NR in PVM.
      • Testing: Take a mob with high NR value that will resist your perks, like Starfall chain, and cast the NR debuff nukes on it. The mob will still resist the perks.

• Flim Focus special execution makes a little "casting nano bar" appear briefly, most likely to cast the buff on the NT. This thing will, if timing is bad (which it usualy is) prevent the NT from casting any nanos for maybe 2 seconds with "Already casting" error messages. Lethal to NTs where speed (ironically enough) is of the essence.
      • Testing: Train Ancient Matrix to get the Flim Focus special. Execute the special and attempt to cast a nano just after.

• NR Debuffs don't always stack on the target. Seemingly no possible reason and random occurance.
      • Testing: cast NR debuff on another player controlled character and have him check his NCU for the debuff level after each cast. Seemingly random from tests done.

• The specials on the Champion of Nanocombat AI perkline require attack rating to use. NTs have no attack rating and it is highly illogical that a perk line called "Champion of Nanocombat" has specials that are not useable by the profession officialy described as champions of nanocombat.
      • Testing: Train Champion of Nanocombat to a level where the specials are available and try to use them with Cyberdeck equipped.

• AI DOTs: The lowest 2 DOTs drop on Hezak the Immortal (QL300 Raidboss) and the 2 middle drop on Lord Ghasap (QL200 Raidboss). Very inconsistent and illogical, and seems to be meant to work the other way around.
      • Testing: Kill Hezak and Lord Ghasap and note what they drop.

• The +% nanodamage value an NT has gets added on the damage he takes when entering underwater Adonis, Penumbra, Inferno and Pandemonium without the protection gear.

• If you are affected by the Notum Wars Crowd Control system (moved elsewhere in the area) while casting a nano, sometimes you cannot cast anything again before having zoned or relogged.

• Lag causes nukes to be aborted, some nukes not to work at all, and does not give NTs the ability to be viable as weapon users have a severe advantage due to automatic adjustment of att/rec and fire during lag. Solution: NTs have to keep pressing their nuke button. End this with a new casting system, i.e. Let a nuke be placed into cyberdeck once NT presses Q he will cycle that deck nuke until you press Q to stop nuking. I place this as bug since I felt after all this time it should not be a concern but actually be addressed.

• The Program Overload special is apparently the only special in the game that has a chance of negatively affecting the user and providing no benefits at all. The duration of this debuff is about 60 seconds, the duration of the buff is 30 seconds. The power of the buff is grossly devaluated by AI weapons, and NT damage is nowhere near the values that could justify such a debuff. Disabling the NT for 60 seconds when he is most needing his damage and toolset is absurd. 15 seconds seem more fair if any debuff should even be associated.
      The idea is nice, but since this is the only implementation of it, it should go. Duration is marked as a bug.

• Sometimes when doing nothing at all, perhaps standing around and being asked for a buff, then trying to execute the nanoprogram, you get a message saying that you are already executing a nanoprogram and can't execute another. How to reproduce is so far unknown.
    • Interruptmodifier in symbiants make it easier to interrupt nanos cast, rather than more difficult.
    Last edited by Steveo; Nov 30th, 2006 at 08:24:46.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Auras interfere with nanocasting. This is becoming increasingly irritating as more and more auras are in use.

Nanobots often become busy when just standing around idle for a little while. The first execution will always fail. This might be linked in with the aura refresh.

Chaining nukes and using perks will fill up the "execution bars" to the point where you have 10 active bars and can't see nuke/weapon progress anymore. Problem is that on long execution time perks (starfall 4 secs f.ex.) nuking prevents the bars from filling and they get stuck. There might be a crash bug connected to this as i often crash hard on mobs where i max the number of visible bars and have a good number of hidden ones hanging invisible in the background. I can only speculate that i have around 10 invisible ones in the background, and when the 11th is is gonna appear i crash.

Seeing myself OD'd by a factor of 2x in SL when i go all out on damage has come to the point where i consider it a bug too.
    Last edited by _Delerium; Nov 15th, 2004 at 11:25:18.
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

i think a new full-list would be more appropriate, get rid of the old one pls
    Mirmydia NT 220/12 gear Account closed. why ? I'm NT
    Mirmygun Soldier 207/1 gear

Yes, I kinda planned on doing a revamp of the old one. I'm at work now though, so I'm trying to at least get a little done when I get home I'll take a closer look, just thought I'd let you peeps slave a little for me first
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

OK, when starting with the old bug list, are there any bugs in that that have been adressed, or are they all the same ? I have not had the opportunity to check it all out, but as far as I'm concerned it's still the same.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    OK, when starting with the old bug list, are there any bugs in that that have been adressed, or are they all the same ? I have not had the opportunity to check it all out, but as far as I'm concerned it's still the same.
    hum.. they fixed the borked specs on a lvl135 deck nuke. But that's about it too......

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.

I know this is an older Perk bug, but I recall never training the TR line due to this perk nuke not working in the line http://aomainframe.info/showitem.aspx?AOID=226128 - It requires a perk from the Tinker line to be running first, but as I recall this was never working. I will train the perk line again and test it, and repost if no one does confirm sooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Hmm AI NT-bugs?...

hmm get a smoke and think about this for a few min...

-

-

-

-

nada.... all works wonders... well atm they are for lil me...

Well one thing... nvm i forgot...

-

-

I guess ill stop now...

Quote Originally Posted by _Delerium
    There might be a crash bug connected to this as i often crash hard on mobs where i max the number of visible bars and have a good number of hidden ones hanging invisible in the background. I can only speculate that i have around 10 invisible ones in the background, and when the 11th is is gonna appear i crash.

I noted this as well (and experianced it too) and sent a /bug report about it months ago, but... *shrugs*

I've read through this thread and the old bug thread and maybe I'm missing it, but does anyone else notice that starfall will sometimes break our "unbreakable" root? Or is this intended? I notice that a good percentage of the time after combust the most is running after me once they emerge from the fireblast...
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

Finally got around to testing it - and it is broken still, TR lvl 6 perk

The Perk that I'm refering to is off of the NT Perk Line : Theoretical Research Level 6, http://aomainframe.info/showitem.aspx?AOID=226128 Accelerated Decaying Quarks

This perk has been known NOT to work since SL release, but as most NT issues, it was filed in the toilet every time we requested it fixed. Since there've been some Perk fixes, I was hoping to see this nuke and debuff fixed, to try to improve the purpse of the TR line as a whole.

First the perk requires that the NT Uses a Root from the same perk line, Quark Containment Field. Then, an Engy or Trader needs to use Sabatage Quark Field from their Tinker line, level 2. This works, I just tryed it 2 minutes ago with an Org-mate.

When I attempt to Nuke the rooted and sabataged mob, I get the same old feedback, that "Target must recently have Affected by Sabotage Quark Field running!".. well it IS running.

When discuessed previously on the NT boards, the priotiry of getting it fixed was low because its 'not worth it' due to the trouble of getting an Engy/Trader to sabatage etc.. but I think that this extra 3.1k-6k nuke + debuff could prove usfull in many places both in PVP and PVM.. Slashing 2k off nano skills for 12 seconds could prove very useful, and added damage is always nice right?

Anyways, This issue has been submiteed to feedback@funcom.com many times, and I'm going to submit it there again, I'm hoping with the new direction of the team brought by Znore that this issue can have a second look finally after 20 months or so after SL release, that we could maybe have this perk fixed? Since you've been working on other class perks, I would feel if you ficed the perk, you at least recognize that the NT is still a proffession and not just an april fools joke as we have been made to be.

Checked December 2nd - still broken after 19 months.
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    LOL

Anyways, This issue has been submiteed to feedback@funcom.com many times, and I'm going to submit it there again, I'm hoping with the new direction of the team brought by Znore that this issue can have a second look finally after 20 months or so after SL release, that we could maybe have this perk fixed?
    OMG NO, next patch they could fix this close-to-useless stuff and say "you see gimpy NT, we CARE about you, we fixed something, now be nice and say on the general forum that you are a happy customer"

I want real fixes
    Mirmydia NT 220/12 gear Account closed. why ? I'm NT
    Mirmygun Soldier 207/1 gear

Yes I do understand its useless for high levels, I wouldn't even use it past 200 due to the troubles of getting a trader/engy to help ya use it, but I think it would improve our mid-level damage and boringness, and just the fact that its broken is grounds enough to post it here, Masta didn't say don't put in the worthless stuff
    LOL

Casting animation/stepping, blackholes and "nanobots are recharging, please wait" bug, this happens to me even when I am not being affected by auras and my nano recharge bar had already refreshed. I remember a time when I could quickly and smoothly chain cast layers and calms, but I haven't been able to since SL. :-p

Oh, oh, oh.... chain fumbling and counters seem to be far too often anymore.

Current Bug List

Bug: Damage Calculation on Nukes against AC. Currently in SL our nukes constantly hit for min damage on high Percentage of 200 plus mob. Agreed weapon users are affected as well but this is being addressed by newer and newer weapons being placed in game with high MIN damage.....which has undermined the NTs Direct damage skill set of nukes.....we would have high min damage but now are dropping down the damage table.

Bug: Casting Animation interferes with normal recharge time. It should not affect recharge at all.

Bug: "Channel Of Notum" Aura interrupts any nano casting at the moment of refresh.

Bug: Deck nukes with 1 sec recharge are very hard to time well. You will see the nano cast bar fill and drop away but the ICON on the HotBAR stays greyed out slightly longer(OUT OF SYNC) thus when you attempt to press the nuke again it says nano program running wait. Slight lag at any stage in this and you will actually interrupt and stop the next nano casting.

Bug: Exterminator Symbaints Eye- there is no Nano init buff. this was obviously an oversight since its all that NTs depend on to try and reach their best casting speed. Plus no intel in the eye. Or stamina-which is 20% of Matter creation....OUR MAJOR SKILL.

Bug : Animnation bug- You hear nano cast but dont see completion of aninmation....nano bar charges and recharges but no nuke lands you dont see counter or any other message. Only way to break this is cast a buff on one self. Problem seems to occur when you dont have enough NCU and you have speeches and heals etc trying to buff you when you try to nuke....thus cancelling out each other.

Bug: Lag causes nukes to be aborted, some nukes not to work at all, and does not give NTs the ability to be viable as weapon users have a severe advantage due to automatic adjustment of att/rec and fire during lag. Solution: Stop letting NTs have to keep pressing their nuke button....i.e. Let a nuke be placed into cyberdeck once NT presses Q he will cycle that deck nuke until you press Q to stop nuking. I place this as bug since I felt after all this time it should not be a concern but actually be addressed.

BUG: Perk specials that need the target to be already running a perk special do not seem to be working from the Theoretical Research line. Quark Containment Field cannot be followed up by the special Sabotage Quark Field that engies/traders get, thus the next special on the TR line we also cannot use.

BUG: When layers runs off on a DoT, i.e. poison dot that does 315 damage (when the absorption has run out you take double damage so 630 in this case).

Interesting thing here is..
    When layers run out the final little bit of damage the layers actually absorbed when running out are added to the damage from the same dot tick instead of getting subtracted.

This means the damage of the dot tick that actually kills your layers will have variable damage added to the dot damage itself depending on how much your layers were supposed to absorb.

BUG: Nano Vulnerability special on Notum Source line (Notum Overflow) not working correctly. (not checked with latest patch)

Bug: If you try to override a lower HE with a higher HE, the NCU is calculated against the lower HE and if you don't have enough available NCU you have to then cancel the lower HE to get the new one to work. It should just override the lower HE counting that NCU in the total.

Bug:The Faithful Nano Technician Cloak has 250 less health than the Omni version.

Bug: Shield Ripper needs to be fixed for nullity. Being rooted and taking damage against certain outdoor boss mobs makes it a deathtrap for NTs using it. Please address this.

Bug: Fumbles are very persistent in combat. The relation for fumbles is not 3% and needs to be addressed. Please check and recheck the 3% coding and maybe even lower it to 1% for testing purposes. Many Nts attest to two or more fumbles in a row.....there should be a check.....if you have already fumbled once......then a chance for a second fumble be lowered to 1% or less....or removed completely.

Bug: Our perk specials seem to be affected by the target's add all def modifier as well as their nano resist. This makes landing our perk specials twice as difficult in pvp on professions who have (relavitely) low NR but are able to achieve very high all def.

Bug: Certain specials, possibly Genius nano regain or Flim Focus, cause visual target and actual target to differ, so that an NT might nuke himself.

Bug: Perk execution bars hang when chaining nukes, and will interfere with nuke execution the more of them there are. Ultimately resulting in client crash.

Bug: "It is theoretically possible to combine "Pattern of Impending Death" with "Nophex Cube". But you need at least 21 in AlienLevel. Combine failed!" While the casting requirement was lowered, the tradeskill level requirement was not.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Dec 9th, 2004 at 18:21:08.
    The Red Brotherhood

Please post if there are any corrections to this list.
    The Red Brotherhood

perk execution bars hang when chaining nukes, and will interfere with nuke execution the more of them there are.

Bug: Certain specials, possibly Genius nano regain or Flim Focus, cause visual target and actual target to differ, so that an NT might nuke himself.
    I have a similar prob with the perk Tap notum source from notum siphon line
    I use the perk on me then i target again the mob and i begin to nuke the mob and if i target the mob too quickly after lauching the perk the mob will receive the perk instead of me ...
    So i need to launch the perk on me, wait for the end of perk launch and then start again to nuke
    And since this perk has a 4s attack time, I lose one nuke each time i use this perk ...

So either reduce the attack time of the perk or repare the targetting system

P.S. : I had this problem before the last patch which bugged the targetting system
    Foxrider44 - Nanotech 205/6 - Setup
    Foxykeep - Keeper 202/12 - Setup

BUG: Perk specials that need the target to be already running a perk special do not seem to be working from the Theoretical Research line. Quark Containment Field cannot be followed up by the special Sabotage Quark Field that engies/traders get, thus the next special on the TR line we also cannot use.

Slightly incorrect, the Sabatage Quark Field can be used when the root is applied, but the NUKE is the only part of this chain not working.
    LOL

AI Perk:
    Ancient Matrix. Its possible to do Utilize before you get Film Focus running. Of course it doesn't do dmg then.

When aura(all kind off auras) refreshes it interupt with casting, consern for all proffesions.
    Shade: You hit Cold Slither for 3281 points of FastAttack damage. You hit Cold Slither for 3183points of radiation damage.Critical hit!You hit Cold Slither for 3281 points of radiation damage.Critical hit!You hit Cold Slither for 3183 points of radiation damage.Critical hit!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast