Thread: Affiliations F.A.Q.

Exclamation Affiliations F.A.Q.

Getting a few questions about choosing affiliation that I guess everybody should get the answers on.

Q: Why are only some affiliations described on the main site?
    A: Because we need our writer and editor to get the rest done, and they have a lot of other stuff to do right now. It'll come, and hopefully very soon.

Q: Will being an independent clan put me outside the Story?
    A: First of all, we can't promise you a place in the story no matter what. We would of course like to involve everybody, but we're taking one step at a time, and doing what we can.

Choosing to be independent only means you're not affiliating with any of the background clans / structures. We won't ignore you due to that. You can still be part of player alliances, or you can stay completely independent. No problem.

If we don't get any affiliation from you, we guess you haven't seen the call for an affiliation, or don't care too much.

Q: Is there a deadline for choosing affiliation?
    A: No. We will continue to collect affiliation for as long as we have to. Right now we're just getting started. We will later contact each leader individually if we still haven't gotten their affiliation.

Q: Can we change affiliation later?
    Yes. Clans can switch affiliations at their own whim (more specifically: The leader's whim). Omni-Tek might cause trouble for people changing affiliation; If you're in the future plans of Omni-Pol, but suddenly want to switch to Omni-AF, Sergeyich might not let you go that easily.

Q: Can I lead one of the background clans / departments?
    A: No.

Q: Can a player alliance replace a background clan / structure?
    A: Depends on what you mean with 'replace'. If you want to run the same agenda as e.g. Consolitated Clans, it's just a matter of becoming more influencal than them, and they might lose their impact completely.

If you're looking to replacing the Council of Truth, you need to look at more than that; their contact with Omni-Tek, the Tir accord, etc. Might want to have a chat with Omni-Tek on the matter.

Q: Can we affiliate with player alliances?
    A: Currently we do not have these in our database, but we might very well add them in the future. We do keep an eye on such alliances, so you're not forgotten at all.

For Community & Events this would be more for observation purposes though, as we can't run a player alliance. While somebody here can control Radiman, Silverstone, Sergeyich or Prestion, we can't start logging in players' characters to have an alliance leader issue orders.

Q: Will the affiliation be shown anywhere?
    Not currently. We're looking into ways of doing this, but no plans at the moment. Fear not, we will never let the others know you side with the Dust Brigade, unless it's in an in-character way.

---

Ok, did I miss something? Might add more later. Leaving the thread open so you can add questions.

yes you did.

How EXACTLY will this affiliation affect our Guilds? I'd like to know exactly what i am getting into before I align my Clan.
    -------------
    Myles "Tahrus" Barchus
    CEO Freedom News Networks Inc., RK2
    Bureaucrat, Media Mogul, and all-around good guy!

I would also like to know if it is possible to become so involved in the story (if your guild/org is that active and influencial) that you become your own OT affiliation/clan affiliation. I have plans on making my own org in the future and it's possible that, if I play my cards right, it might as well be a Funcom-ran organization because of its influence and ability to directly affect and be part of the story.

Tahrus, for now, it won't affect you in any way except that we know who you suport or affiliate with. I can't promise any more effects at this time.

Dannicus, we're looking into allowing support of player clan (or neutral) alliances. Omni-Tek, however, have a rigid structure, and won't recognize other affiliations.