Thread: A PvP Idea

Talking A PvP Idea

ok short idea here, people always complain about how that enforcer got a HOT from a fixer, or a damage shield from an engineer, or an essence from a higher level enforcer, heres the solution. whenever you enter a 25% or 0% zone any outside buffs are terminated, unless they were buffs from teammates (assuming your all pvp'ing). yes i know people could just team up with a lvl 200 and get a buff from them, but there wouldn't be any reward or title gained, so whats in it for them anyway? just a thought. what do you think?
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

yeah, I wish something would be done.. I haven't PvP'd in a long time because I hate wasting the time to get every good buff from every profession, so that I can be like so many other PvPers
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

Arrow

Here's what needs done. Make most of the map 75%. The only 50% areas (yes, i'll explain in a moment) would be around controlled areas (where a guild has a booster pack control tower), or in special areas like camelot or the equivalent (some of the new ultra-high level boss camps maybe?).

In 50% areas, only PvP in teams would be permitted, so you could only initiate an attack or have an attack initiated against you if you are in a team (note, once you are being attacked, dropping out of the team won't help you much, at best it would just prevent anyone else joining in).

In 25% areas, solo PvP is allowed (mainly just for arenas). This could be extended so that you could only fight people in the *same* team as you, making arenas fully consensual.

In the rare 0% areas, it would still be as now, anything goes .

PvP should have level limits which are +/- 10% of either a solo PvP'ers level or a team PvP's average level, and maybe free for all over 150 or so (either solo level or team average level). Again, this only applies for initiating combat.

Do all that, add in the booster pack, and griefing is reduced significantly, PvP becomes more team oriented as intended, but solo PvP would still be possible in some areas.

Strikes me as a much better solution. Outside buffs are part of the game, and it would probably need major changes to the nano system to implement your idea.