Thread: Ana's great adventure

Ana's great adventure

Ana's great adventure

Ana was getting late. Nothing unusual, she was always late but today was her ninth birthday. She wondered what mum and dad prepared for her this time. Last year she got a little leet pet. She named it Mr Speck. Ana smiled at the thought of him. She really wanted to hug the little animal but she didn't know where she was in this forest.

The family moved to Varmint Woods only two years ago. Ana had been used to a big city, towering skyscrapers, sterile labs her parents worked in. This new place was so different... It held so many secrets, such new smells, sounds, so much space. She just couldn't stay home with all that waiting for her outside.

So she went out and explored. Today she found tracks of a new animal and her curiosity just took over. She followed them for hours. Then she realised she would be late for her birthday party if she didn't start going back. She must have gone too far into the woods though. She didn't recognise the area at all.

The girl stopped for a moment. "Let's not panic" she thought. "I left home and went north east. So now I need to go south west!" Ana giggled a bit, happy she solved the problem and ran towards what she believed was the right direction, jumping now and then. Little did she know she was going further east.

"EEK!" suddenly she was facing a pair of big yellow eyes... and a mouth full of teeth. "Sabretooth!" she thought while her survival instinct took over and made her run as fast and as far from the predator as it was possible.

"Got mustard?" the big guy asked.
    "Nope" said the other man while wiping barbecue sauce off his mouth. Actually, he only smeared the thing on his face but it didn't seem to bother him. He continued eating his burger.
    "So, why do we keep this thing?" the big guy emphasised his words by kicking a small crate on which a small creature was sat.
    "Cos I say so" the third man didn't seem to want to continue the topic.
    "I say we skin it" barbecue sauce glimmered on the man's face in the light of the campfire.
    The small creature shuddered when he heard the words. He was certainly capable of understanding human language, which quite escaped the three poachers.
    "No! This is a special delivery. You won't touch it, got it?" the third man seemed angry.
    The sauce man opened his mouth to say something but the big one motioned for him to shut up.
    "Did you hear that?" he asked.
    "Hear what?" the third man replied.
    "It's some kind of animal..." the other two could hear it now. The sound was coming from east and was getting closer. None of the hunters ever heard it before. They all stood up and prepared their rifles. The animal, which must have been quite big looking at the intensity of the sound, was coming their way.

"aaaaaaAAAAAAAAIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" the three hunters were rooted on the spot with surprise as they saw a small girl, dirty, covered in foliage, storming into their camp, screaming her lungs out.
    "WTF!" the barbecue man made a move to catch the girl. She managed to elude him instinctively but the sudden change of direction threw her off balance. Continuing her movement she landed on the small crate and bumped into the terrified creature sitting on it. They both fell off and tumbled down the hill the camp was situated on.

The hunters would have followed them but then they all were surprised again.
    "WTF!" they said almost simultaneously as a large group of angry animals which were chasing the girl ran into the camp. The hunters didn't really have a chance against all the sabretooths, wolves, bubblebags and other assorted wildlife Ana unintentionally dragged there.

"uh" Ana raised her head slowly. She was lying on the small creature she had bumped into. She quickly stood up and took a look at him. It was a boy, but not a human boy. Small eyes, long snout... The girl recognised a rhinoman. He was looking at her with with obvious fear.
    He quietly said something that sounded like: "Trrr *grunt* in."
    Ana wondered why he wasn't standing up but then she noticed his hands were tied. On an impulse, she took out her penknife intending to cut the ropes. Then stopped.
    "You won't hurt me, will you?" she asked the rhinoman. She looked in the creature's eyes and saw an answer to her question. She quickly freed the boy.
    "Come, let's find some safe place" she said and smiled.

She took the rhinoman boy by the hand and they went north together. There they met a search party which were looking for the girl all the time.

Twenty years later...

"... and since that boy turned out to be the son of a chieftain..." Ana drank some sake. She was sitting in Reets with Foos, telling him the story. "...I became an honorary member of their tribe" she finished. She waited a bit till Foos stopped laughing. "They send me assorted dead stuff every birthday." She giggled.
    Anamelle Marecki, adventurer, leader of Lumen Orien
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Alossa Laurence, beaurocrat, director of Newland News
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Daeranne Smith, engineer, Last Ditch Academy scientist
    Lumen Orien

((...That was really a great little story there, Ana! ))
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Talking

((I'ed like to point out Foos is only laughing at the "aaaaaaAAAAAAAAIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" and how she trained the hunters. ))

Happy Birthday, Ana!!!

You have to tell us what "gift" the Rhinomen give you next weekend.

I'm laughing with Foos that you trained the hunters. great story!

((Thanks I'm glad you liked it.))
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Lumen Orien

((Here's the second part.))

Ana's great adventure. Part 2

Ana checked her map again. She knew the area very well, but considering how often she got lost in the wilderness it had become a habit. The rhinomen village should be a bit to the west.

It was a quiet evening in Varmint Woods. Even the animals seemed somehow sedated. It felt as if the woods sensed the incoming war. Ana glanced at the sky. The newest threat, the battlestations. The thought about them made her skin crawl.

Well, anyway. She was on her way to her rhinomen tribe... Ana giggled. Yeah, her tribe. Closest thing to home she had now. A hut in a rhinomen village. She giggled again. She had no idea why they invited her this year. Usually, she just got a package with assorted dead stuff from them... Every year for the past 20 years. Maybe this year they would dance for her or something.

"We come in peace."

"Wtf?" Ana turned around quickly. An alien scout was just behind her. Ana reacted instinctively. She emptied the clip at the thing which dropped lifelessly to the ground. She walked up to the body and prodded it with her boot. "And you leave in pieces" she couldn't stop herself from saying that.

She growled with pain as she felt a viral attack. More aliens! She ducked for cover behind a tree and scanned the area in search for a target she could mutilate. There it was, another scout. It was shooting in her direction and getting close pretty quickly. She had just enough time to activate her shield and start shooting before she had to dodge melee attacks. Desperate, she hit the enemy with one of her pistols in the area she thought was the alien's eye. The creature went off balance for a moment which gave her the opportunity to aim her left pistol at the soft spot they had where their "arms" met the body. Another full round made sure the alien didn't give her any more trouble... or stupid one liners.

Ana looked around ready to shoot anything but the area was clear. She sighed and put away one pistol. Then she heard a familiar sound.

She looked down. A zix was happily chewing on her right boot.

"You dirty little..." Ana kicked the thing so hard it landed on the nearest tree and then she sent a round of bullets at it. She smirked at the sad remains sliding slowly down the trunk. "And you leave as jelly."

Her triumph didn't last long. She heard an unfamiliar but very alarming sound behind her. She only glanced at the back before she started running for her life. Literally. An alien dropship, apparently shot down by some city defences, was coming down in flames. In her direction, exactly.

To be continued...
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Lumen Orien

"So, where are all those riches you promised us?" asked one of the younger men sitting at the campfire. The question was directed at an older man, around 60, who was busy eating a burger.
    "Patience, Peters" he answered with his mouth full and wiped ketchup off his face with the back of his sleeve.
    "Is this where you rescued that little girl from a band of rhinomen?" the youngest of the campers seemed to be looking up to his older colleague.
    "Yeah, I..." the older man didn't finish his lie. He seemed to be suddenly stunned. Was it fear, surprise or some other emotion the rest of the men didn't know. The hamburger fell out of his hand.
    "What?" one of the younger men asked. And then they all heard it.

"aaaaaaAAAAAAAAIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!"

"Wtf?" said one of the men.
    "eep" said in a very girly voice was all the older man was able to produce.

The other hunters didn't have time to ponder the meaning of it all, or the meaning of life on that matter. They saw a woman, wearing armour, wielding two pistols, storm into their camp, and out of it, screaming her lungs out. They managed to stand up when they saw what she was running away from.

The image of an alien dropship coming down in flames straight at them was still burned in their retina when they woke up at reclaim.

"Are you alright, Minister?" asked one of the prison guards. He was concerned. The minister came out of reclaim laughing so hard she could barely stand on her own.
    "Yeah... yeah... I am." said the minister in between fits of laughter. "Just had... a little accident..." she finished.
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Lumen Orien

(( Good stuff WTB more ))
    Expert neutral adventurer gimp on Rimor. RP freak.

No one can have experienced to the fullest the true sense of achievement and satisfaction who have never pursued and successfully caught his own tail.
    Also, Dyedooshka and Zdrastvuite; Dirty old man and his Atrox alter ego.

Achiever 26.67% Explorer 40.00% Killer 80.00% Socializer 60.00%

((Entertaining story. Mental note: stay away from Ana, she likes to train stuff.))
    Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang ((Rimor))
    Roleplaying Profile of Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang
    The story continues: "Live by the Sword..."

((hehe, ooc, I'd rather die than train. In game of course :P Thanks for support guys ))
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Lumen Orien