Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OTPC: Tarkhan Zora's Speech

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach View Post
    Days, from how many neuts feel think hours are more like it.
    The sooner the better.
    I hate signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by FoosballX View Post
    I want to say I almost feel sorry for the Omni that have to work for such an incompetent leader such as Zora. Most of my pity goes to those Omni that blindly follow him, or to anyone else that feels in someway his speech was a good thing, for you are truly lost souls incapable of any original thought.
    First of all, underestimating an enemy that has taken Borealis already, and declared open war on everyone that isnt OT, would be a mistake. Their resources are higher, and as a former commander of the Unicorns, yes... most definitely I would never accuse Zora of incompetence. His speech sounds like imperialist nonsense, sure. But to think that he may not back up his words? I seriously doubt he's a no show kinda guy.

As for Zora, it is astonishing anyone would put him in charge of anything. This man doesn’t have the mental capacity to run an outhouse much less a planet. Only a moron would look around at the peace around him-- even if it’s an uneasy one—the look at the raising profits and decide a massive war is what’s needed. Only an ignoramus would forget every time Omni-Tek decides to go to war profits go down.
    Apparently OT Prime disagrees.

Now that Omni has declared a new act of war against the Clans and the Neutrals, where is the ICC to charge Omni-Tek with the war crimes committed on Sunday at the speech.
    Umm, where the hell has everyone been for the past some odd 50 years? The war has been here all along! Sorry it took so long to catch up to the Neutrals, but hey... welcome to the party, pal. How did you think this was gunna end? Did you all think that by sitting there like a dead sheep and waving a white flag over your head would make you LESS of a target? Since when did the enemy care about that? If anything, Neutrals have been (as far as OT paterns have been) a target of opportunity when there is nothing else to fight.

I may not be a lawyer; however, I am almost certain eradicating unarmed citizens with large orbital space cannons, is an atrocity against intergalactic law, and Omni-Tek should be held accountable for their actions. Maybe the ICC delay in reaction to such actions is proof to the rumors that they are really under Omni-Tek control. If these rumors are true then I see no reason why the Neutrals and the Clans should not begin to seek out help from other hyper-corporations in helping to but an end to Omni-Tek’s monopoly on Notum throughout the universe. If the rumors are not true then the ICC needs to act and remind Omni-Tek and its employees they do not own the planet, they only lease it. There a large difference between leasing and owning, and Omni’s acts of crime could very well be a breach in their contract causing them to forfeit their lease.
    You don't have to be a lawyer to figger out the long distance goal on this one. Look to the future and you will find a motive. OT prime gives the ok to use this sorta firepower on RK to ensure OT's largest base of resources has been restored to 100% secure. Of course its an atrocity! However, it will also show that in a galactic sense, OT is none to be f***ed with. If there are external forces at work in the 'verse other than us.. and they see our fate, then what hope do you think THEY will have?! You know how this looks in a corporate system? Clan casualties look like an example. An example to other nations and peoples that OT truly is indeed your friend... or else.

To the members of the Clans who are now recruiting in mass force do to the speech I will say this. I will consider joining the Clans as soon as the Clans get rid of that militaristic hate monger named Simon Silverstone. He is a man who is just as bad as Zora. The only difference between them is Silverstone doesn’t wield the power Zora does. If anything I would say Silverstone is far more evil then Zora, because with Zora I know his motive is power, control, and profit, whereas with Silverstone his motives are the same but hides them under the guise of truth and righteousness.
    This is something you are gunna have to get real about right here and now. First of all Simon Silverstone is not our leader. He is a leader of a powerful clan that has always been at the forefront of this battle since the beginning. I may not like him personally, but at least he has earned his rank and uses his dwindling resources to the best that anyone CAN do while OT military is constantly up his a**. He did it through Philip Ross, and now he's doing it in spite of Zora. I may seriously have a dislike for his opinions, but if he was to be the general of our troops, then hell yes I would follow him into battle. The difference here is that Silverstone has never lied about his intentions. He wants all of OT dead. Zora here on the other hand, wants everyone BUT Omni-tek converted or killed. His zeal can take a flying leap for all I care, but I cannot criticize the man's success where no one else is willing to even go.

I would also consider becoming a Clanner, if the Clans were truly unified. As it stands right now the Clans are a faction broken up in to sub-factions the only thing keeping them form killing each other is the threat of Omni. If they were to win this war tomorrow and Omni-Tek packed up and left Rubi-Ka tomorrow, the fighting wouldn’t stop but continue as each group would begin their quest to control the planet. I am not so easily fooled by the rhetoric of truth, justices, and freedom; for I know these ideals are relative to the speaker—and I know these speakers would kill me should I speak against them.
    After reading this bit of trash, all I can say is that if you wanna run to the Clans because you think we will secure you, then dont. First of all, it will show us that A.> You didn't have the balls to stick to your own faction, through thick and thin. and B.> Youre only looking out for number one.

Want some advice FROM a clanner? Don't join. We don't need that kinda mentality around here. The irony of "I could be killed for speaking out" is truly laughable because OT has ALREADY slated you for execution because you already have! So where the ground to run to? Youre gunna die anyway!

In the end I am neutral I see people for what and who they are.
    Oh dear god. Since when does being Neutral make you cooler, and way more insightful, than everyone else?

I do not use sides to pick my friends and enemies. I do and will not follow blindly to leaders that will give me false promises of a better life, only to strengthen their power. I do not seek to fight in a futile war. Nor am I a fence sitter unsure as to which side is wrong or right, I know both sides are wrong. I chose to live in peace; however, do not mistake me for a pacifist cross me and I shall gun you down.
    You ARE a fence sitter. When you decided that everyone else was wrong, and you were right, that made you a fence sitter. There is a world turning outside your door, man. You can either have the grace and courage to stand up and help out your fellow man, or do nothing. If you do nothing, that makes you a fence sitter. It doesn't matter which side is wrong. If anything, use that political selfishness to get up off your *ss and protect your own invested interests. It just so happens that your capital city is being annexxed by your good pal Zora. Since when did Silverstone do this? Good god man, you're shortsighted.

And just FYI... youre not gunna live in peace while sitting on the fence. Sooner or later, someone is gunna usher you into the OT recruitment office, or to the napalm shower room. History is repeating itself. Choosing to live in peace at this point, is NOT an option. You're fooling yourself if you think this is peace. The human race has honed its diplomacies and value systems based upon conflicts all throughout history! To think that in the span that has been human existance... YOU earned the right to have peace when people die for it every day! Who the hell are YOU? Why do you think out of everyone on this planet.. that YOU deserve more peace than the man, woman, or child standing to your right or left?

Yeah... don't join clan. At this point with that level of your selfish rant, I am 2 seconds from turning that into a warning.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Dec 6th, 2006 at 18:14:51.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Oh for the love of god, I know the Clans are a good and omni is evil. It's as simple as that. How could I be soon foolish.
    I know next time I see Bob from Omni-Trans Accounting, I should just open fire on him just becasue he's omni and omni is bad. It doesn't matter if he is armed or has any combat training what's so ever, he's the enemy and should be put down right.

Ya know... *thinks for a moment*

Screw it I'm done with this... I'm too tired to argue in circles, and this is getting no one nowhere. Well just making me much happier in my decision to stay neutral. But whatever, I'm sure whenever the clans win the war with Omni, they be sure to kill off all of us neutrals too.

Oh and Bubba, being nuetral doesn't doesn't make me any cooler then anyone else. I'm just cooler then you, and it doesn't matter what side I'm on.

I got no more too add, I've said my peace.. you don't like, bite me.

Oh for the love of god, I know the Clans are a good and omni is evil. It's as simple as that. How could I be soon foolish.
    I know next time I see Bob from Omni-Trans Accounting, I should just open fire on him just becasue he's omni and omni is bad. It doesn't matter if he is armed or has any combat training what's so ever, he's the enemy and should be put down right.
    Oh please. Use your brain. Not all omni are evil. If you actually read and understood some of whats going on here, its deeper than that. There are OT employees on this VERY thread that are not happy with thier leader at all. Should I swing on them?? Hell no! Use your brain, retard. Forgive my utter disdain for your sarcasm, but killing civillians? That's not a joke. You dont asnwer evil with evil. But the fight is here. War isnt evil, its ****ing tragic!

Ya know... *thinks for a moment*
    Good, keep thinking.

Screw it I'm done with this... I'm too tired to argue in circles, and this is getting no one nowhere. Well just making me much happier in my decision to stay neutral. But whatever, I'm sure whenever the clans win the war with Omni, they be sure to kill off all of us neutrals too.

Oh and Bubba, being nuetral doesn't doesn't make me any cooler then anyone else. I'm just cooler then you, and it doesn't matter what side I'm on.

I got no more too add, I've said my peace.. you don't like, bite me.
    Youre right, I dont like it. You are entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled to mine. And thats ok with me. I can agree to disagree. If I think youre an ***hole, well, thats my opinion too.

But ultimately, if you think youre the better example, then you gotta nother thing coming. You preach being on the 'right' foot, but cant even figure out the foot you need to be on? To stay Neutral or be Clan? Where's the logic in that?! Which is precisely why I told you to save your energy. Im pleased to see you decided to stick with the Neutrals, as im sure they could use more backpeddling idiots like you.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Dec 6th, 2006 at 21:11:18.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Just like the clans need more dumb a** belligerent f****rs like yourself there Bubba. No wait I'm wrong that's one of the problems with the clans.

Now I'm done.

Just like the clans need more dumb a** belligerent f****rs like yourself there Bubba. No wait I'm wrong that's one of the problems with the clans.

Now I'm done.
    Flattery will get you nowhere
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Red face <yawn> are you done foosballx?

((foosballx, bubba just made you his new pet toy in jail, be quiet foosball, you lost 110%))

Foosballx, whoever you are, if you think you know alot about how to run things and that you will find peace, you know what, if you want friggen peace why dont you just commit suicide, oh wait, im sorry...omni-tek will just reclaim your soul and then kill you repeatedly until your mind is a complete blank, then brainwash you with OT-reform.

-Duaric, Clanner Mercenary with a Heart of Gold
    Rubi-Ka Politics 101:
    1. Shoot first.
    2. Ask Questions.
    3. If Surviving, repeat no. 1.

((Duaric I don't think so, I honestly don't feel like making this thread Foosball against clans. And don't start with me OOC, really IC is all good and fun but if you want to start OOC it won't be pretty. So lets just drop this now before it gets out of hand. I've made it a point not to go OOC, becasue don't believe you want to know what I really think.]]

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Sorry it took so long to catch up to the Neutrals, but hey... welcome to the party, pal. How did you think this was gunna end? Did you all think that by sitting there like a dead sheep and waving a white flag over your head would make you LESS of a target? Since when did the enemy care about that? If anything, Neutrals have been (as far as OT paterns have been) a target of opportunity when there is nothing else to fight.
    As a matter of fact many neutrals have over a long period of time actively tried to encourage peace on this planet by working between both sides of this war trying to negotiate, or even just keep things talking at times. Its never been easy with people like Silverstone and now Zora...but many keep trying to find a more peaceful solution.

We never hid away, everyone always knew where we were. And some leaders actually valued us as a resource for peace or for other duties. Ross himself was the one who issued us with an amnesty for any crimes against Omni-Tek and held out a friendly hand to us...fine he was trying to get us to sign up.

Ross tried his amnesty as waging war on the neutrals costed him. He invaded Meetmedere and as a result this brought ICC troops to secure Rubi-ka and neutral lands. Which at that same time the ICC issued the promise to "protect the neutral population and property". Sadly it seems whoever is now pulling the strings in the ICC *cough* Omni *cough* now are ignoring the promises they made to the neutral population. And as such have as bloody hands as the Omni oppressors themselves. And are equal in there crimes.

The last time Omni stepped out of line and attacked civilian, neutral targets the ICC did the right thing. Protected people. And also protected themselves and every other corporation in the universe by fining Omni-Tek hard and shortening the lease on Rubi-ka. By the same measure they are expected to do the same again. And failure to do so can only result in further bloodshed and even more unease with the neutral population.

We don't want a fight. We never have. We just want our peaceful lives back, and to keep out of this damn stupid war. I feel many people in the Clans and working for Omni-Tek feel the same that there is more to be gained through peaceful coexistance than through further bloodshed.

But the neutrals will not fade into the darkness. We have the strength of will which has been with us always since many of us left Omni-Tek or the Clans for a more peaceful life. Its never been easy and we all excepted that a hard life is what is expected of a neutral. We've even tollerated the persicution and hatred from many. Yet we will survive. We will stand forth. And if necessary we will fight!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

My greatest concern is that ICC's utter lack of regard for the activities of Omni-Tek will be the final straw that forces the hands of Omni's corporate rivals, itching to face them in open warfare once more but currently bound by ICC rulings which will mean nothing the moment they see ICC as nothing but the Omni puppets they currently appear from their actions to be.
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

I wont deny your wish to have a certain level of peace.

Seriously, I applaud the effort you have all gone through. If anything, you know that there are at lots of people who really do appreciate the diplomatic effort yourself and the Newland Council give. I cannot criticize their efforts at all. It just fans my flames to see Neuts being pissed on the way they have by their so called 'employers'. So much so, that I have eyes and ears into Borealis affairs now, to see how deep it goes, and where the breadcrumb trails lead.

I know for a fact that clan leadership is not blind to your situation. I cannot speak for clan population in total, because many are just plain apathetic. I can forcast for you, that unless something REALLY drastic happens, that clans will most likely not involve themselves directly. I can even say that most of them will probably not have a great response time either. But, the second the Neutrals loose their ground and are at gunpoint, the clans will most likely see that without Neutrality proper, and their buffer zone... then its only a matter of time till clans are next. I am pretty sure the smart clan leaders will not ignore the situation by then.

I am truly sorry if this sounds like a "we will save your ***es, because it will save our ***es later" but thats quite literally what it means. Private clansmen that are involved already are the ones who really want to see you come out in the end, and are commited without even being asked, to help you out.

I am not saying the Neutrals proper have hidden themselves. I am saying that if any come running to Clan recruiters because they think they will be safer with us, then I will just come out and say it... No. You wont be safer. You wont be safer, because there are tens of thousands of jerkoffs who are much less nicer than I, who will rook you outta your sunday best if you let them. So if you come over to clans, be sure to understand you have to fight and kill for your respect. Everyone does it, even me. OT does not own the patent on 'the law of the gun'. In fact, we dont even hide it. You have to watch your step more with us, then you EVER will have to with anyone else. To us, reputation means everything. If youre a person with no moral fabric, nor honour, nor pride, you will be treated accordingly. If you are a rockstar, work your 80 hour work week, drink your hootch, and spit and cuss with the rest of us barbarians, then yeah... welcome to the family. =)

But I have a vote of no confidance in the ICC's ability to protect you. I realize that I am an outsider in all this. I wont deny that. I am a do-it-yourself kinda roughneck. If my boss Alan Jacobi decided to pull our Vanguards outta Old Athens, I'd be pissed at him too. At that point in time, I would concede, just like I am now to Neutrals, that its time to go down to your local store, and at least purchase some sorta home security. Join a military or paramilitary unit of some kind, so when you need the skills, you will have them. I would urge you to fight. Hell, I AM urging you to fight.

You may not want this battle. No Neutral in his right mind would ever want that on their front doorstep. Neutrals CLEARLY are not the aggressors, but all that aside, the battle found Neutrals anyway. You are involved whether you want it or not. This speech proves it. The fight is brough to you, my friend.

Nyadach, I can always choose to respect a man who wants peace. But, a person is FORCED to respect a man who pushes back when cornered. Regardless of how this turns out, I wish you the best of luck, brother.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

(ooc: While Bubba is a hard***, I will say that I dont play him to purposely flame people or pwn them in any way shape or form. He is just tough on people; thats the way he is. If people are hating on each other and metagaming their hate on players behind the screen, then this is no fun for anyone and everyone looses. That being said, just enjoy! I cant wait to see how all this unravels. ^^ I am not Bubba IRL. I could never measure up to him, imo. Im too urbanite for that. )
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

(ooc: While Bubba is a hard***, I will say that I dont play him to purposely flame people or pwn them in any way shape or form. He is just tough on people; thats the way he is. If people are hating on each other and metagaming their hate on players behind the screen, then this is no fun for anyone and everyone looses. That being said, just enjoy! I cant wait to see how all this unravels. ^^ I am not Bubba IRL. I could never measure up to him, imo. Im too urbanite for that. )

(( The way "all this unravels" is likely to be a big nothing. There are always big events leading up to an new expansion. They dry up almost immediately after launch.

Before Shadowlands there were all manners and portents. Many players quite litterally "heard voices", little messages from nowhere with prophetic visions of the future. It was quite spooky. But once SL hit the shops, it all stopped and was as it had never existed.

I guess all I am saying is that while I love events, I am wary of those purely by marketing considerations.))
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

No I don't, I don't wonder at all.
    Great recruiting by the way you just make me want to join up right away.
    Just remember "If you're not with us you're against us" is the mantra of a terrorist not the words of a freedom fighter.
    Be sure to remind Simon Silverstone of that next time he opens his mouth, would you?

Look. I can understand the disappointment in the loss of Phillip Ross -- he was a fine CEO, and anyone, let alone Tarkhan Zora, would have a hard time filling that man's shoes. And I'm not the biggest fan of Zora either -- he seems too power-hungry for my tastes, and too often I doubt he has the best interests of Omni-Tek in mind. (And for you geniuses who want to send me to Omni-Reform for disloyalty, I'm sure my old friends on the Pol would have a few words for you about that.)

Yes, the guy's a bit of a crazed lunatic. But when I look at who we have as enemies -- the Clans, the Nanomage Liberation Front, the Kyr'Ozch -- I find myself reminded of an old saying: 'it takes a thief to catch a thief'.

Maybe it takes a madman to stop a madman too.
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

Does anyone know if Tarkhan is married or already has a girlfriend?
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Mayba Zora is the key to taking care of the Nanomage Liberation Front as well as the aliens, maybe not. but he still is going overboard by attacking the neutrals. I for one dont want him to wipe off the neutrals. They are what separate the clans from Omni-Tek literally. Plus Borealis is a central commerce of trade, enacting a kill on sight rule to all neutrals and clanners will disrupt the trade and economy established by fellow neutrals, omni, and clans. Profits will go down during this war, i bet. Oh well, time to manufacture lots of guns and armor, as well as mechs. <sighs and orders his mech> Ill see you Omni-Tek personnel in the frontlines.

-Duaric, Clanner Mercenary with a Heart of Gold
    Rubi-Ka Politics 101:
    1. Shoot first.
    2. Ask Questions.
    3. If Surviving, repeat no. 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevver View Post
    Does anyone know if Tarkhan is married or already has a girlfriend?
    Am sure some tapes exist involving a tub of plumbo jelly and a couple of trox's
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

heh. That Tarkhan Zora is a friggin loon, ya'll.

I can't wait to steal all his new toys!
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

After reading this several times, I must ask the question also asked by Major Prabel. Where are the ICC in all this? Not even so much as a press release?

Something is going on here. Perhaps a petition should be raised and that new conference hall put to use...
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Quote Originally Posted by Sefus View Post
    heh. That Tarkhan Zora is a friggin loon, ya'll.

I can't wait to steal all his new toys!
    carefull there.. you might not survive his toys... they can eat you [or so I've heard]

Aerya,
    You wont get that far. I am telling you, do it while you can. If youre name and information have already been submitted, youre only going to walk into a meeting intent on bending you.

If you go clan, and on Rimor Colony, I can grant you information to stick near safer waters. I can give you names of credible clans and clanpeople who can empathize with your situation.
    BTW, I've kept my word about bringing the Neutrals "situation" to BoD talks ...
    It was an interesting discution on this subject, too bad I can't tell you about what was decided there. It is secret stuff...
    I was there, shared my thoughts [and calculations] and I wasn't "reformed" as many feared/hoped for my oppinion. If you have solid arguments they are taken into account.

Omni-Tek employees are not the mindless drones the clans tell you about. We think on how to improve the profits of The Company, even if that is seen like acting against what Omni Prime orders. They are far away.. but we are here and addapt the orders to the situation on the field.

P.S. Bubbacrush, I still think you should be carefull with that eye...
    Last edited by Aerya; Dec 10th, 2006 at 14:38:50.
    Hikari "Aerya" Hirano (Level 220 AI 30 LE 70) Number of Invaders killed: 108121 [Equipment]
    Squad Commander of First Order (retired)
    OT-Reform Officer

"Remember, Bigman, it is easy "protect society" by executing a criminal, but that will not bring back his victims. If one can cure him instead and use him to make life better and brighter for that society, how much more has been accomplished!"
    I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.
    We do not KILL people... We PROCESS them

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast