Thread: 13.4: Client Lockups

13.4: Client Lockups

I am suffering Client 'Lock-ups' in towns when lots of people are on screen i have never had crash problems with this game (and consider myself lucky) The AO client just locks up solid but windows still works u have to Terminate the App and restart
    Anybody else with this problem?

Yep, many people have reported this, in other threads in these forums.

I found a thing that worked I just set my view distance from 80 m to 30 and voila .. but now I cant see a damn person, but who need those pesky players anyway ?
    also it seems that beside being lagged by the players that for some odd reason camp bronto burger in Omni-E they have blown up a building making more polygons to the rendering hence making my computer think its time for a nap and go into evil processing of gfx loops while screamin "to much! to much!" .. but im used to it since my gfx card is OLD.

but reducing a few bits realy help trust me I was hopin that in reward that they had atleast turned on the cool sounds that should have been there when casting nano programs .. but that must have been a day dream..

There seems to be a problem with the texture loader. You can see this in various places. Reets with Armor, Leets with Shades, Panthers with helmets in their teeth and missing textures in places.

Turning off compressed textures fixed the lock-up problem for me and the game runs the same.