Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRRK: Bomb explodes in 20k

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Bomb explodes in 20k

Bomb explodes in 20k
    November 29, 29480 - [Global]

A few minutes ago, IRRK received a report of a bomb going off, in the remote town of 20k. This was made clear to us through a message, dispatched from Omni-Com to all news headlines. The message reads as follows:

*** Transmission Start ***
    Announcement ID: 104-05/17-11-29480
    Regarding: Bombing act.

At 21:06, this evening, a bomb exploded near the small town of 20k in Pleasant Meadows, killing two Omni-Pol officers, and wounded another five people, including a local child. Additionally, the transport sustained heavy damage and the cargo was lost due to the ensuing fire.

It is unknown who was behind this attack, but early evidence suggests that the bomb was rigged with a remote control device. This has caused some ideas that the attacker might have been lying in wait in order to trigger the bomb.

It is unknown if the transport, loaded with food supplies, was the actual target, or if it was just anyone who came within range of the bomb. An investigation is currently under way.
    *** Transmission End ***

While bombs go off, and people shoot each other every day, this is the first time in years that Omni-Com have reported such an incident directly. Stay tuned for more information when available.

imagination goes flying
    No Doc can Heal Stupidity,Tard!

Smaaldor doc 207/13

Ouch. Question: Will Omni-com be willing to release information about civilian casualties and family status? I am willing to make a time and/or monetary donation to ease the suffering in 20k.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Nov 30th, 2006 at 07:17:16.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

So, are we really, really sure Gorgefodder is really, really dead?

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Aaaaw, do we have to look in 20k too ?
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

For crying out loud, can't you muppets wage war AWAY from the neutral zones and outpoosts?
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Sounds like the Dusters... but why a transport in 20k? Maybe Omni-Com got it to cover up something else in the shipment?
    Last edited by Astera; Dec 1st, 2006 at 15:09:18.

Tactically speaking, there is nothing in 20k that could be considered case sensitive, its mostly rural. There are alot of mines in the area, and they are very much contested in the past few years. However, 20k proper has poor security, so that makes it an easy target. The whompas there can deliver supplies and such to 2h0 and 4 holes rather quickly, and is quite possibly one of the shortest routes avilable. However, its still quite public. It wouldn't make much sense to send that type of supply train through that route without it being heavily guarded. With only a small amount of casualties and such, one could theorize that it could be staged to show that neutrals could be swayed to one side of the fight or the other.

Theoretically speaking of course, depending on which you would rather point your finger at. Omni, for moving troops and supplies through neutral territory... and/or Clan for making it a point it a point to use a terrorist tactic there. Of course, this could also be staged by OT with small amounts of casualties to garner sympathy. Or, it could be a random clan attack made by some idiot to grief them without the support of the council. Another theory could be that someone in OT wanted to pin a failure on another, to jockey for their position. And even yet another theory could be that this story is a cover up for something even deeper. You could quite literally just add water to any detail you like, and then blow the picture up and then sort it out in whatever bias you leaned towards.

Matter of perception, really. Part of me doesn't really care about those kinda details. However, the civilian tragedy totally has my attention.

I'd like a memo, so that I can get myself and/or my people on it.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Last bombing was done by "good" company itself, so I don't see why everyone first looks at NLF. It also had higher casualty rate, but since that was mostly atrox miners, nobody gives a damn.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

I am thinking its the clanners that are up to killing miners and innocents, trying to disrupt everyday life on 20k, I mean come on, why at 20k? do bombs in newland or something instead of using 20k and borealis as targets, newland guards are supposedly hired by OT, why not bomb them? I dont get the politics of today's people, Omni-Tek is a rather big player in Rubi-Ka politics, but so is the clanners, I dont see how those two would result to bombing and kill each other in neutral areas, come on, clanners and Omni-fools, get this battle off our lands! It is rediculous when you target Neutral lands!

I don't believe that for a minute. For all of the clans ravings against the neuts we've not done much. Typically it's been Omni-Tek that has killed your people and took your cities. It could be an omni plot to move more guards in to "protect" the area too. You only have Borealis to look at to see how it happened already. After all, 20k was founded with help from Omni-Tek.

Question

Ah, well. I still think Neutrals shouldn't be targets for Omni-Tek AND Clanners. It hurts whenever i heard when a "Neutral was killed during a gunfight" Im just against bombing mining stations, a job that desperate miners need to make their credits. Of course even i am unsure who bombed the mine, but im sure it wouldnt of been Omni-Tek, but i am going to say that Omni must leave Borealis, i see more gunfights than an alien sends drop ships.
    Rubi-Ka Politics 101:
    1. Shoot first.
    2. Ask Questions.
    3. If Surviving, repeat no. 1.

Your logic is wholly flawed.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Duaric View Post
    ...Of course even i am unsure who bombed the mine, but im sure it wouldnt of been Omni-Tek...
    Newsflash
    Did it and proud of it....
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

The incident, when considered in light of the officers subsequently killed, strongly suggests a very specific plan made to look like general meyham or a 'target of opportunity' hit. Question still is, who is doing this and why? There are both radicals and devious planners amongst both sides on the planet, though I admit there are more 'loose cannons' amongst the clanners (and more 'schemers' among Omni-Tek's ranks)

Then you have things like I witnessed today. I am minding my own buisness in a netural city- Borealis. When suddenly a pack of so called Freedom Fighters just waltz into town and start taking out anyone they can find associated with Omni-tec. What is happening to SANITY on this planet!

i think all neutrals should force violent clanners and OT personnel out of borealis at gunpoint. it will solve the many problems we get when shopping in Borealis, just yesterday i was walking towards the towers shop and then i saw gunfire past infront of me so i ran away and hid behind the corner of the building. There needs to be more security in borealis to stop these incursions that disrupt everyday life!

-Duaric, Clanner Mercenary with a Heart of Gold
    Rubi-Ka Politics 101:
    1. Shoot first.
    2. Ask Questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jitterwind View Post
    Then you have things like I witnessed today. I am minding my own buisness in a netural city- Borealis. When suddenly a pack of so called Freedom Fighters just waltz into town and start taking out anyone they can find associated with Omni-tec. What is happening to SANITY on this planet!

What were they? Clan? neutral? Something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    What were they? Clan? neutral? Something else?
    i think the supposed "fredom fighters" would mean clan, and omni-tec of course is omni-tek <laughs and turns off his grid-pad>
    Rubi-Ka Politics 101:
    1. Shoot first.
    2. Ask Questions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast