Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freelance: Corinne "Psychogirl" Timmer arrested.

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: Corinne "Psychogirl" Timmer arrested.

Freelance: Corinne "Psychogirl" Timmer arrested.
    December 23, 29480 - [Atlantean] - Manny "Chaupin" Calavera

IRRK Freelance - This week Omni-Pol successfully arrested Miss Corinne "Psychogirl" Timmer, President of the clan "Whisper's Edge". She has been transferred to Omni-Med where she will be treated for minor injuries, while awaiting her trial. The charges against her are of premeditated murder of Edward "Arxas" Ganes and deliberately harming a fellow officer of Omni-Pol by shooting him in the foot.

After the arrest Manny "Chaupin" Calavera, the officer in charge of leading the arrest squad gave the following comment, "No, This wasn't luck! This was a highly calculated and well-prepared arrest. This is a big step toward Justice on Rubi-Ka. May this be a message for the rest of them clanners, Justice will prevail."

More on this story as it develops...

If shooting a member of Pol in the foot was a criminal offence shouldn't all members of Pol be under arrest by now?
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Good job. I saw her in Old Athen today.

Next!
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    After the arrest Manny "Chaupin" Calavera, the officer in charge of leading the arrest squad gave the following comment, "No, This wasn't luck! This was a highly calculated and well-prepared arrest. This is a big step toward Justice on Rubi-Ka. May this be a message for the rest of them clanners, Justice will prevail."

More on this story as it develops...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragunn View Post
    Good job. I saw her in Old Athen today.
    Wait wait... hold up... *giggles* Did he actually say this?

I guess justice has prevailed! Good job, Chaupin!
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

A full investigation about how she got away has been started.

As for the rest I like to urge everyone to take contact with your nearest Omni-pol Officer if you see this dangerous woman. She is considered a great threat to Omni-tek and her citizens..
    Last edited by Chaupin; Dec 26th, 2006 at 16:55:18. Reason: typo

Prisoner, what prisoner? I didn't see anything..

Quote Originally Posted by Chaupin View Post
    As for the rest I like to urge everyone to take contact with your nearest Omni-pol Officer if you see this dangerous woman. She is considered a great treat to Omni-tek and her citizens..
    Chaupin, your missing something here. You offer a cash reward for leets being caught/shot. Yet you offer nothing for this Clanner. Are we to assume that a leet is thereby a much greater threat to Rubi-kan society since you consider thier capture more valuable?

As for contact with an Omni-Pol officer? please say you have Med going around giving citizens vacinations first since I can't think of anyone who would want any kind of contact with you lot

*mutters something about oppressors*
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

as always, your all wrong, Mr prabel.
    Half, if not more, of the population on Rubi-ka are omni-tek citizens. Reporting her wereabouts is only in their intrest since this woman is in some kind of delerrium state, because she believes Omni-Tek killed her parents in front of her own eyes and afterwards brainwashed and made her work for us.
    She is because of this delerium state, highly agressive against anyone of Omni-Tek and therefor a great treat to society. She already killed one men, and shot one of my men in his foot. This is not about rewards or bounty hunting...reporting her wereabouts is for your own safety and not to mention hers aswell.
    Besides, before you know her delerium state changes for the worse and she might think the neutrals were involved in the death of her parents aswell.

A full investigation about how she got away has been started.

As for the rest I like to urge everyone to take contact with your nearest Omni-pol Officer if you see this dangerous woman. She is considered a great treat to Omni-tek and her citizens..
    A great treat eh? Is she cream-filled and sugar coated? If so, I can see why you would want her back so bad.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

((not everyone who is playing this game have english as their main/first language....))
    Last edited by Chaupin; Dec 25th, 2006 at 10:52:23.

(doesn't take much to proofread either ;p after all, the more spelling mistakes the less intelligent you sound as an Omni-Pol officer :P)
    Chi"Chimx" Delaet- 220/28 NT
    Proud Advisor of Uprising.

/ooc

I'll try to keep this generic because I don't really what to get into the details of who did what and why. The point I want to make is not even specific to this event, in which I've had no part at all anyway, though it is as good an example as any.

But let's assume for an instant that having player characters arrested from time to time is in ooc terms 'a good thing'. It makes news, it progresses stories, it gives people something to talk about.

Let's also assume that most players are not going to pay a subscription game to roleplay serving a jail sentence and thus everyone involved knew full well ooc that the character is going to slip away within the next few days.

Given these conditions, seems to me a cheap shot to then mock the arresting party for letting their prisoner escape. Tempting though it may be in-character to score an easy point against one's hated enemies, let's look at the bigger picture.

I mean, what is the incentive for the players of the arresting parties to run more of these kind of events in the future if all it does is expose them to the community to be ineffective? It's not like they could have somehow "guarded" the prisoner any better, is it?

At the end of the day we all know that the Omni-Clan conflict is a toothless affair. All that is at stake is a few points of XP bonus and nothing really happens unless there is a new expansion pack for FC to sell. But if roleplayers wish to take the conflcit seriously, surely it's in everyone's interest that we look at our opponents with a measure of fear and even grudging respect. And most of all, it is important that we do not dwell those practical or games-mechanics aspects that that in actual fact make the conflict a complete joke.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

OOC:
    100% agree Dabblez.

IC:

Omni- Pol has been more aggressive lately. I think it's time to show them that their law is not ours.

Half, if not more, of the population on Rubi-ka are omni-tek citizens.
    Maybe, so why should the other half, if not more actually bother listening to you? We have what interest in this how? You're going to take over more of our citys if we don't comply? Your going to shoot yourself in the foot even more often? I'm sorry. I no longer take orders from Pol! And thats Major to you!
    Last edited by Nyadach; Dec 25th, 2006 at 19:29:41. Reason: Typo
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

(ooc: I hate posting in OOC, because I truly say what I mean and mean what I say IC. I even go back and edit when I think I have made errors. I will keep this brief so not to bog down the thread with the usual ooc chatter.

Its roleplay. If its in character, keep it that way. If I were to make concessions every time something in the 'bigger picture' were to happen, then over time that is a serious offense in the metagaming department. Once more, I dont believe the conflict is entirely toothless either. Do what you do; make your mark. That's the way a game like this is meant to be played, imo. If you didn't think you could make a difference, then why bother taking a stance in the first place?)
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Dec 25th, 2006 at 22:07:51.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Firstly, I never shot my self in my foot, nor planning to do so in the future. Secondly, have you ever taken orders from omni-pol?
    thirdly, If, by takeing over more neutral cities, needs to be done to convince the neuts to join Omni-tek, im pretty sure Zora wouldn't mind doing so.
    and finally, In my culture we only call friends by their first names, this may come as a surprise but I don't consider you as a friend, besides you don't take orders from me, I sure as hell wont take them from you, Mr. Prabel.

lets make it easy

I am offering sanctuary to any omni pol member that wants to defect tothefreedon loving clans. I am also willing to assist in the freeing of any clanner being held in the hellhole they call Omni reform.
    Carogelw 216/18 Soljah!
    Proud General of (AoD) Anarchists of Destruction
    (AoD) spreading the path of destruction for over 3 years

We are recruting!

Quote Originally Posted by Dabblez View Post
    <snip a whole lot of text>

(( I feel I should answer OOC as well because I feel uneasy.

I'm uncertain as to what exactly has happened here, but let me assure you whatever comes out in-character is hardly a joke. As with Bubba, whatever gets said, is meant 100% by the character, be it to antagonise, question, ridicule or whatnot.

Nonetheless, if it so happens that I've been part of some manner of extreme slip-up here, then... my apologies. If common sense has failed somewhere along the line, I can't help but feel I was a part of failed common sense. If not, well, just smack me with a nerfbat and call me Billy-Sue.

As a final note to the jailing thing... I've often wondered where Omni-Pol gets their endless patience. I'm still surprised anyone is running these because of the predictability of the matter.

That's my 0,05€+VAT. No more OOC out of me here, but if you want clarification or whatever, my PMs are on. ))
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

(( In my time in OP, obviously I can no longer speak as an Officer, I did find that sort of thing exasparating. I don't expect people to be detained for day's, but a bit of respect to the issue behind the IC would be nice. If we, rather they, slipped out, I'd respect it. But as players, OP have no power to detain people for day's on end; and so are destined to always take a slamming even after a successful RP event. It is, frankly, a contribution to the lessening of RP from some people.

Best wishes ))
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

((can we stop this ooc talking please? i already made my point in a pm to the person in question. pm's are good for that methinks. perhaps an idea to talk a bit more about this in a green cloack meeting? and concerning the jail thing with OP an WE it was a small thing that needed to be done for other things to happen, obvious I cant or dont want to talk more about, I dont want to spoil the rest.))

I am offering sanctuary to any omni pol member that wants to defect tothefreedon loving clans.

Id rather brush my teeth with sand than joining the clans...
    Last edited by Chaupin; Dec 27th, 2006 at 00:01:23.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast