Thread: IRRK: Goliath Battlestations picked up on ICC Long Range Sensors!

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Goliath Battlestations picked up on ICC Long Range Sensors!

Goliath Battlestations picked up on ICC Long Range Sensors!
    November 24, 29480 - [Global]

IRRK - At 22:50 standard Rubi-Kan time on the 23rd November 29480, ICC Long-Range Scans picked up the signal of two ships and four spike like vessels in close proximity.

The vessels, the ICCS-Kirkpatrick and the ICCS-Anthonius have been in hyperspace since 29479 after Rubi-Kan authorities gave the order to have the Goliath's deployed.

Without the accompanying ships, the Goliath Battle stations, which are capable of doing 4.4 LS/U would have reached Rubi-Ka in around 29485. However, thanks to the Kirkpatrick and the Anthonius they've created a hyperspace slipstream in which the Goliaths can fit, coasting their engines at an amazing 26.4 LS/U. Thanks to this ingenious method of piggyback transport, the Goliath Battle stations will arrive in orbit of Rubi-Ka in little under three weeks.

The Goliath Battle station, a three-legged station has two modes. Travel mode, in which the 'legs' fold up and touch, protecting the central core and dorsal control centre before it enters hyperspace via the ventral engines. Battle mode, the 'legs' lock in place from the upright position and torpedo bays, batteries and cannons along with the highly classified Nano-phasing Reflect shield generator go to standby.

When the stations arrive in Travel mode, it will take a fair amount of time to get all four stations into Battle mode and primed. Unfortunately, since the ICC has never simultaneously gone through the activation sequence of four stations, which requires careful manoeuvring thruster co-ordination so as not to move the stations out of orbit, it may take longer than expected.

We were however able to get a deep space transmission to Trigan IX ICC Military Shipyards, the origin of the battle stations and discuss the technology. While a significant amount of the information on the vessels is classified, we were able to get the following questions answered:

IRRK: So, what sort of defensive capabilities are we looking at on these Goliath Class Battle stations?

Trigan IX Rep: The outer armour of the battle station is a twenty-inch heavy metaplast alloy, otherwise known as HMA. This is a development on the existing metaplast body armour, to the point that the multiple layers we've integrated are fused together on a molecular scale. Alongside that, we've got the Nano-Phasing Reflect Shield Generators, a total of four in each Goliath, one for each arm and one for the central core.

*slight pause*

Trigan IX Rep: Atop those, we have twenty six mounted anti-aircraft plasma guns, capable of 1200 rounds per minute. Ithaca Shock Cannons and MTI Shatterpacks to defend against incoming missiles and to scramble sensors respectively.

IRRK: Now, the part that everyone's been waiting for, offensive capabilities?

Trigan IX Rep: *laughs* There's Four Omnidirectional Laser Arrays, a six-barrel three-sixty degree pulse battery. Six Gripon Torpedo Bays capable of launching multiple yield warheads of generic or specific standard, four Arwen Double Axis Missile Batteries. Then finally, mounted between the hyperspace drive, straight down through the central core is the SBC Sol Chrionis Orbital Ion Cannon.

IRRK: How long do you think it might take for you to install the stations themselves above Rubi-Ka?

Trigan IX Rep: Standard Deployment of a station can take about eight hours, but since it requires the associated ships to remotely fire the thrusters to lower the arms it may take a little while longer as they move through each station itself.

IRRK: A few days then?

Trigan IX Rep: No more than two, I'd say. Then once the relevant parties set up a transport up to the stations, be it a digital grid-stream, whompah link or shuttle then it'll be well underway.

IRRK: Thank you very much for answering the questions we've had, goodbye!

Trigan IX Rep: Goodbye!
    Last edited by Editor: IRRK; Nov 24th, 2006 at 00:33:59.

Two days? It seems to me that these things seem a bit dangerous, what kind of safety precautions are being taken?

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    There's Four Omnidirectional Laser Arrays, a six-barrel three-sixty degree pulse battery. Six Gripon Torpedo Bays capable of launching multiple yield warheads of generic or specific standard, four Arwen Double Axis Missile Batteries. Then finally, mounted between the hyperspace drive, straight down through the central core is the SBC Sol Chrionis Orbital Ion Cannon.

I need to change my pants...

So, they'll be up and running in about a month? Interesting.
    Phanna Shadowblade, 32 Night Elf Rogue
    Teresa "Cinder" Toume, 8 Opifex Fixer Under Construction
    Teresa Koren, Level 14 Twi'Lek Commando
    Emrys "Llenlleawg" Wyddfa, retired 19 Solitus Engineer

Want...
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Serious firepower for serious fun. Mmh...

*fondles the order confirmation documents for a personal mech unit*
    ...I wonder how long the shipping will take for this one...

Omni-Mining
    This department oversees all mining operations on Rubi-Ka, Notum and otherwise. They also handle the allocation, out-of-corporation sales, and on-planet transportation of raw materials on Rubi-Ka. Due to a minor technicality that pre-dates Clan uprisings, Omni-Mining operates as an arm of Omni-Engineering, but has its own independent leadership. In addition, they have their own internal goals that include, but aren't limited to, anti-union enforcement and control of policing activity in mines and their associated facilities. Omni-Mining was once a quaint, quietly-run department, but once it was discovered that Clan activity originated in their men, they became much more authoritative and rigid.

Impressive.
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

Quote Originally Posted by Vincentprice View Post
    Serious firepower for serious fun. Mmh...

*fondles the order confirmation documents for a personal mech unit*
    ...I wonder how long the shipping will take for this one...
    be at peace Vincentprice.. the hardware we ordered is on the way and there aren't any delays [yet] ...

Still... There is something unclear about that mech ... will we have to undress the personal armor to use it?
    I hope that won't be the case...

Finaly some real firepower overhead! I think the Kyr are about to find out who they're f*#$ing with.

Oh hell, there goes the neighbourhood *sigh*.
    Firstly there is the faked orders to get these blinkin' things sent here. And now we have them almost here and the blood crazed thugs are drooling at the chance at them. Where is the station with sprays more suppression gas I ask? isn't that what we need more than another excuse for this kind of violence. The only good thing I can see about this entire situation is it might get those damn thugs off the streets of Borealis finally...and that at least is a good thing.

(( kickass, nice to see LE getting closer ))
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    Then finally, mounted between the hyperspace drive, straight down through the central core is the SBC Sol Chrionis Orbital Ion Cannon.
    So, Omni-tek approves of Sol Banking Corporation weapons in orbit around Rubi-ka, does this mean we'll finally see an end to the ban on SBC firearms on the planet's surface?

Still... There is something unclear about that mech ... will we have to undress the personal armor to use it?
    I'm expecting to equip it like a yalm. Just speculation... Also interested to see if it needs vehicle ground skill or something to equip

Some people are saying that the ICC will not lift the ban on mech type vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    Some people are saying that the ICC will not lift the ban on mech type vehicles.
    Pay/Bribe the ICC enough behind the scenes they will allow anything. Borealis anyone?
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Saudonan View Post
    I'm expecting to equip it like a yalm. Just speculation... Also interested to see if it needs vehicle ground skill or something to equip
    I didn't find a Vehicle skill in the Mech Utilization Manual... But the MUM I had was incomplete... Seems that we have to wait till the hardware is delivered to see what skills are needed.
    [close the eyes and cross fingers "Please no Ground Vehicle skill..."]

deleted repeated text

Quote Originally Posted by Tambrey View Post
    Pay/Bribe the ICC enough behind the scenes they will allow anything. Borealis anyone?
    I do not think there was a need for a bribe here... both conflicting parts signed the acceptance papers... And what could ICC do? Their peacekeepers can't fight omni and clan forces so they had to accept the introduction of heavy combat vehicles.
    Last edited by Aerya; Nov 30th, 2006 at 21:15:52.

((actually from what I remember from browsing its going to be level dependent, not skill. I think one of the things mentione was that it was going to even out pvp and move away from the twinkage via skill manipulation))
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

(( Mechs have a "Swim" skill required to equip... yeah FC figured that, that skill was being ignored too mcuh, how now it has a purpose... any it makes total sense too!...

XD sorry I just had to :P ))

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    So, Omni-tek approves of Sol Banking Corporation weapons in orbit around Rubi-ka, does this mean we'll finally see an end to the ban on SBC firearms on the planet's surface?
    I think the SBC weapon was bought by OT so that OT can start dealing some serious power, i just hope it wont be targetted on clanners as well as neutrals ((which it will be, go LE!)) and that the aliens finally met their match up in space!

-Duaric, Clanner Mercenary with a Heart of Gold
    Rubi-Ka Politics 101:
    1. Shoot first.
    2. Ask Questions.
    3. If Surviving, repeat no. 1.