Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRRK: Alien's Greatest Push Yet!

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Alien's Greatest Push Yet!

Alien's Greatest Push Yet!
    November 22, 29480 - [Atlantean]

IRRK - It's little before eleven, standard Rubi-Kan time and the ICC's long-range sensors had been tracking Comet 22514-Alpha on a close course with Rubi-Ka for the past six months. ICC's probe system around the planet noticed that the wake of the comet was particularly interesting, in the fact that it blocked sensor penetration, the comet itself was made of an unknown alloy composite, almost like a giant ball of metal, except with no natural engines.

At five to eleven, the comet picked up speed and altered course, orbiting Rubi-Ka in a matter of seconds and came to an amazing halt above the terraformed areas of Rubi-Ka.

It opened up like a flower, and began to rotate, from it's five-hundred mile high advantage over Rubi-Ka it began to rain down aliens on the planet from the petal like arms of it which emptied from their green tint in hundreds of flashes of light.

The aliens landed all over the planet, and began a challenging attack on the planet as the flower like mechanism above broke off it's petals to reveal a spherical core. It writhed and moved with what seemed like a giant organism. However, the probe system recognised it as a clear substance of some sort containing readily awakening bodies of over a million aliens.

The sphere itself loomed for a good five minutes before projecting three beams of blinding green light onto the planet, the beams moved across the planet, spreading a sea of panic as they began to look for the greatest concentrations of humanoid lifesigns.

They stopped, on Borealis, Rome and Old Athens and the beams acted like chutes, empting the aliens in an all out assault on the planet.

Literally, millions of aliens dropped onto the planet so much so that the reclaim system began to overload and the ICC warned citizens of a twenty-five percent chance of reclaim failure.

The aliens had taken Rome and had slaughtered large contents of Borealis and Old Athen. With Rome looking like a weak target, the aliens took their attack off Borealis and onto Rome in an attempt to take a land target permanently.

In the diversion, the people of Borealis were able to regroup and take out the remaining aliens before moving to assist the defenders of Rome and Old Athen. After two million aliens, and an hour and a half of slaughter the ICC notified that the reclamation system had come back to full capacity and that no-one had been lost through permadeath.

The sphere above, now empty looked like a sphere of glass, refracting light across the planet. Seconds later, it shattered and the sky cleared. The material that protected it had burnt up in the atmosphere and as a result, had cleared the skies.

Sirens sounded moments later as the ICC probe network picked up three additional "comets" on an intercept course with Rubi-Ka. Their slow moving paces made their speeds impossible to predict. While the first may have just been a test for the people of Rubi-Ka, the final three look like an all out invasion force, and there's no way to predict when exactly they'll arrive.

Will Rubi-Ka stand against what could be over six million aliens? That, I do not know.

You gotta be kiddin' me...

Those damned bugs better not have insurance...

This could be a coincidence, but i have some observations I am concerned about.

Some time ago, I noticed an excess population of rollerrats in several cities with cloaking devices. Since I have seen rollerrats on board alien ships, I naturally became concerned.

I began an investigation into the matter, but the phenomenon appeared to vanish, so I assumed it was a coincidence.

In the past week, however, I have noticed a resurgence in rollerrat populations within cloaked cities. Clearly rollerrats have some affinity for the electromagnetic cloaking fields.

My concern is that the aliens may well be exploiting this in preparation for a large-scale attack, using altered rollerrats as probes to find cities concealed from their ordinary sensors.

It is my opinion that the citizens of Rubi-ka need to organize a global rollerrat extermination campaign before these alien vessels arrive.
    Last edited by Keldros; Nov 22nd, 2006 at 09:48:41.

Now that's interesting !

I think it's time we get some real artillery and stock up some supplies, we got a siege on our hands.
    Last edited by Boltgun; Nov 22nd, 2006 at 13:05:25.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

It's simply amazing that the aliens are even still trying.

Figures.. the genocide of a planet brought on by Rollerrats...

Bug want a fight they came to the right place!

Lordy lordy... as if my life wasn't complicated enough.
    Guess my timeclock is gunna be on 'on call' for quite some time.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    It's simply amazing that the aliens are even still trying.
    Over time they started installing a base in the ouzone, spread the war, moved from small settlements to our best defended cities. We also discovered what look like a system to produce troops on demands.

And us ? We're more resistant to viralbots and that's it. We killed the troops they sent, but they keep sending more and more. We didn't go far, actually we aren't exactly winning.

What I look foward is to know what's inside their mothership, it might hide something that will really help us.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

I will definitely be looking into the Rollerrat issue. It is my hope the scientific community can investigate this matter and draw conclusions one way or the other.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Ms_Idoru...the same one working on an updated SL map? if so...thanks!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Yes, my cartographic efforts are still underway.
    New work on my favourite shadowland, Scheol, should be forthcoming soon.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Idoru View Post
    It is my hope the scientific community can investigate this matter and draw conclusions one way or the other.
    Hehe, scientists.. they can always draw conclusions, sometimes even based on reality too!
    Countless are the times when some "scientific" conclusion has caused havoc and loss of life..

Seriously, though, do look into it. In this war, us against the aliens, every little bit of knowledge will be of help.

The rest of us had better keep an eye out for other anomalities, just in case them pesky critters are using more than one way of gathering intelligence or generally being a nuisance.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post

And us ? We're more resistant to viralbots and that's it. We killed the troops they sent, but they keep sending more and more. We didn't go far, actually we aren't exactly winning.
    There must be something I'm missing here... We've adapted massively into using the technology of the Kyr'Ozch... new weapons, armor, storage units etc. are examples of such. Also, we now know how they pick their targets, and we now know how to counter this (ECM technology). Do you not call this progress?
    Phanna Shadowblade, 32 Night Elf Rogue
    Teresa "Cinder" Toume, 8 Opifex Fixer Under Construction
    Teresa Koren, Level 14 Twi'Lek Commando
    Emrys "Llenlleawg" Wyddfa, retired 19 Solitus Engineer

Yea we adapted a lot of their stuff, that save us the carnage that was the few weeks when they first went trough our defences. And that's some kind of progress.
    What I blame is the lack of real advantage against them. And knowledge, we still don't know a lot about their plans, beside destroying all humans. We can defend ourselves, but we lack a real idea about how to get rid of them.

I'm not saying that we're losing, only... not winning. As we kept ourselves in shape and killed the invaders that landed in our lawn, they kept sending more and showed no sign of weakening. For now I've seen the forces as equal in an power vs number way. I guess the loser will be the one who will be tired first, or bored.

But if they get something new to throw at us, we need something new to fight back. I guess the battlestations are the answer to the incoming comets or whatever we'll call them.
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Perhaps Dante should be allowed to construct his huge frikkin lazers?

Or failing that... we could always dig a really really big hole... called a "mine"...
    GorgeFodder4 / Skeletawe
    Anti-Miner / Miner
    Omni-Mining / NLF Remnant?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletawe View Post
    Perhaps Dante should be allowed to construct his huge frikkin lazers?

Or failing that... we could always dig a really really big hole... called a "mine"...
    That one was on the Newland Council meeting, and now everyone is seriously considering that.

The question however is where we'll find anough reets to put lasers on them.
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    That one was on the Newland Council meeting, and now everyone is seriously considering that.

The question however is where we'll find anough reets to put lasers on them.
    You just so happened to ask, but I know a man who knows a trox who just happens to own a pet shop...am sure I could hatch up a meeting if the council needs?
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

hm im sorry, the aliens did not "take" rome. they only occupied rome red for a short while before being sent to reclaim or wherever they go.

and, hehe im sorry but would proper grammar point out that the title should be spelled "Aliens' " instead of "Alien's" :P
    Russm-Chlorobi-Russaneer-Russypoo-Ivanmcnauty-Secksmachine-Annoyedpocky-Plooshka

Maybe we can capture a bug or ten as well as a few ships and experiment on them, like find a way to interpet their language, how they communicate, the only thing we seem to have had experimented on was their weapons and they seem to be effective. why not study a live one or a captured ship of theirs?

A large population of alien life stationed in orbit could prove useful for their scouting forces... we should all be on the keen about preventing such pawns from relaying information to thier higher command. Aliens currently just use their zixx creatures for scouting parties, they are often found lingering near private cities. Any time an invasion occurs I urge those present to perform a complete sweep of the vicinity for any remaining unnatural lifeforms, I have all too often come across the little scuttlers durring my field research. On the beneficial side of a more advaced form of thier organics used for general recon work, could provide more substancial biomechanical parts of the organisms with which research and development could provide newer applied technologies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast