Thread: Crazy Shots!!

Question Crazy Shots!!

I know this may seem minor but it drives me nuts.

If I fire my gun at someone and miss thats understandable, it happens in real life as well as the game. The part that drives me crazy is when I fire the gun, i miss and the projectile flies out of my gun in the total opposite direction of my taget. Not only is that impossible it is very goofy looking. Cant you make it so the projectile flies towards my target but pass him when its a miss.

hehe....it must be embarrassing to still fire in the wrong direction at point blank range. if i had a pistol in RL and i fired it in the direction i was looking i'd be pretty embarrassed (not to mention facing serious jail time) if it hit the guy BEHIND ME. if the shots would at least stay within 90 degrees of the target so that missed shots dont look so outrageous that'd be good.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Ya i think they added the animation of an extra shot between shots to make combat not appear so slow, afterall firing your Assault rife once evey 4 sec at low levels and 2 sec at high levels sounds pretty fast in theory but once you see it, you realize how slow it is. So to make things seem more exciting, funcom added an extra "visual only" shot between the shots that can hit to make it seem like you are shooting faster.

I like the ones that go streight up or directly behind me the best.

hehe

When I played Baldours Gate I used to laugh hard when it said "Critical miss". I mean.. whats a critical miss? u try to hit a dude with ure sword and u miss BADLY and hit ureself in the knee, fall over and bang ure head on the edge of the table??

Arrow

If you were playing PnP Rolemaster... then yes! (I've seen a level 20 half-orc warrior take his own arm off with his scimitar, and a dwarf fighter take his eye out with his own morning-star...)

Heh, at least there's not giant rocks flying out of our clips anymore...

Nietya

Level 77 Clan fixer.

Trellame ought to be sainted or made a deity or something. I mean, seriously.

Re: hehe

Originally posted by RAMUH
    When I played Baldours Gate I used to laugh hard when it said "Critical miss". I mean.. whats a critical miss? u try to hit a dude with ure sword and u miss BADLY and hit ureself in the knee, fall over and bang ure head on the edge of the table??
    ROFL

I've only seen that happen with weapons that shoot that white projectile that sorta looks like a comet w/ a blurry white tail ie nova flow. Do Division 9 Plasmaprojectors have the same problem?

Err and I always thought it was intended...dont ask me why......
    I just thought that such an outrageous error couldn't have been allowed to go unchecked by a company that intends to actually sell the game....therefore it must have been intended.
    ......err but that was before i got to know the nature of funcom.
    Last edited by StarFury5; Aug 26th, 2002 at 22:43:51.
    Rk1- Sol Epsilon3

-Gameover Man
    -Summoned, I come. I take the place which has been Prepared for me. I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey, we stand between the darknes, and the light.

Yes, the Div9 also has this problem, and it looks naff

please fix it...I am really not that bad a shot
    "We are jolly green giants...walking the planet...with guns"

Stormhat"Warcriminal" Lotto

General of Ragnarok

Master of 80 sec survival

"Valhalla or Reclaim!!"