Thread: Pistol parried?

Pistol parried?

I've been playing AO for a few weeks now, and have a level 30 Advent. I've noticed something strange recently, and was wondering what to do about it. I duel wield pistols, and sometimes I get a message telling me that my attack was parried. This just started happening. I don’t remember ever seeing it until a couple of levels ago. Do the MOBs at the higher levels get the ability to parry guns? If so, is there any way to counter or decrease the chance that an NPC parry is successful?

Thanks for any input on this.

Yen
    <cpl>

Zeetrok, Level 30 Advent, and slowly climbing…

Question

Started using BBIs?

I think this happens with ranged weapons that are (incorrectly) based on melee init.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Umm, yeah, I picked up a BBI Faithful a couple of levels ago. Looking back, that’s about when all the parry stuff started.

I really like the BBI weapon. It's the best gun I've found so far. You say that it is incorrectly using melee init. Is this something that will be fixed soon? Or should I start putting points into melee init? I'd hate to dump a bunch of my IP into melee init for one gun. Especially if this is something that will be fixed later.

Sorry for all the questions, but I’m trying to figure out how to best proceed. Having my preferred weapon suddenly change from a ranged weapon to a melee weapon doesn’t make sense. My current thoughts are to stop putting any points into ranged init, and dump them all into melee init and stick with BBIs from here on out. My concern is that if I find a better gun than the BBI that uses ranged init, I’ll be screwed.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Yen
    <cpl>

They will be fixing the BBI's at some point. (We hope.)

If you really want to, you can raise melee init then use an IPR point to extract those IPs when they fix it.

*shrug*
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Weapons with incorrect inits (most bows, BBI's and 8-10 others) will very likely be fixed in the next fixing patch. It will probably not be fixed in 14.5 which is basically a content patch. So, 14.6 will fix this.

I wouldnt recommend raisig melee init and using up an IPR, those are pretty rare... If you find the gun too slow, try to implant melee init until BBI's are fixed.

Funcom are aware of it and have promised a fix.

edit: wow I just broke the record for saying Fix... ehehe
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

nizmo(sp?) posted to the test forum a while back saying it would be fixed in 14.2 i believe.

Cosmik posted to the advent forum that it would be fixed in 14.4

Cz and gaute have said that it will probably get fixed in 14.6

Don't waste points in melee init just use a different gun... bbi faithfuls are a joke and will never be fixed, there are lots of threads in the advent forum listing acceptable pistols for advents (there are very few bordering on none "good" pistols)

JimSalabim said the inits are fixed in 14.6, I suppose they have it in internal testing already by the way he worded himself.

"Unfortunately there weren't room for putting more stuff into 14.4. For 14.6 initiatives on all bows and crossbows are fixed though, and most have got their damage output increased as well."
    ....I assume this goes for all the weapons with bugged init, not just the bows and x-bows.

edited some typos

Originally posted by OddLogic
    JimSalabim said the inits are fixed in 14.6, I suppose they have it in internal testing already by the way he worded himself.

"Unfortunately there weren't room for putting more stuff into 14.4. For 14.6 initiatives on all bows and crossbows are fixed though, and most have got their damage output increased as well."
    ....I assume this goes for all the weapons with bugged init, not just the bows and x-bows.

edited some typos

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it