Thread: the animated story ?

the animated story ?

hi all.

im just hoping that someone can tell me when the next episode will be comming out.

i know it may be sad but iv'e downloaded all of them so far so i can make the move but i need the next section.

dose anyone know when or if the next episode is going to be out pls tell.
    BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
    FLESH FOR THE FLESH EATERS
    AND LET THE CHILDREN
    OF THE NIGHT DEVOWER
    YOUR SOUL........

No more animated episodes. They were discontinued after the last one which you saw. Very bad, but probably due to Funcoms lack of funds.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

lack of funds? i dont think so

Meister, your really losing it now :P

Ohh well. maybe we should get a sticky post "The animated series wont be here anymore!"

That sucks....

it just plain sucks.... I was kinda likin those things =P

If it was not lack of funds then give me another reason why. Its not like people hated the animated series. It was practically the only story related thing we had when they were new and all of a sudden FC decided to discontinue them. If not due to lack of funds, then i dont know why else.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

The Root of All Evil

Greetings!

Well, all said and done, it very well could have been due to lack of funds. (Seems it always comes down to the lowest common denominator: money.)

It appears the animated series was a very time intensive project, a new episode being released every two weeks, and was too demanding on their "limited means and capabilities". I presume that could have been remedied by hiring (many) more people to work on that project.

The question remains: did they have the financial wherewithall to be able to hire more people? I would say the answer to that is a: No.

Quoting Ragnar from this post ( http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...038#post573038):

Originally posted by Ragnar

We actually had quite a lot of viewers, so that wasn't the biggest problem. Our main problem was that we had to produce 10-15 minute episodes every two weeks, and that was waaay beyond our limited means and capabilities. The animation-team almost killed themselves getting the first four episodes out on time. I'm talking 16-18 hour days, plus weekends. It would have been impossible to continue in that manner for any length of time, unfortunately. I would've loved to keep working on it.

The reason we started producing the series in the first place was to start the story off with a bang, to give it momentum. In that way, it was as much an experiment as anything else. It wasn't entirely successful: we didn't receive a whole lot of positive feedback while it was running. But in retrospect it appears that a lot of people miss it. Which is good, because that means we did *something* right.

Will it ever return? Not in that form, certainly, but we might do a "one-off" at some point in the future, to pick up the loose threads.

-Ragnar

Be well.
    TRAVEL TO RUBI-KA
    A website providing maps of Rubi-Ka,
    playfields, Whom-Pah & Grid maps,
    in-game maps, and more.

http://travel.to/rubi-ka

Discover Leety Goodness at:
    http://how.to/leet

Meister is correct. I believe it was stated that funds were a major issue, thus the number of personnel working on the series wasn't adaquate enough, so they decided to apply those personnel elsewhere. They did express interest in bringing it back if possible.

If I can find the URL where I found this information I will post it. I agree though, I was liking the series.
    Aaron Simons Harkonnen