As I move my comlink from my pocket and look at the reports that have yet to see my attention I ponder the future. I yearn for the day that this war will be over and I can pursue my love of exploration in the Shadowlands but until then I must fulfill the duties that the Divine has thrust upon me.
As I look over the reports that tell me of the incursions by Omni factions on Clan territory and the number of Clan members wounded and killed in the many battles I start to realize that many of my friends are on these lists. I notice the name of a personal friend who was recently married and is expecting their first child. With that realization my chest begins to seize with emotion as I must pay a personal visit to the family. Even with insurance the shock of death is something that does take a toll on their relationship. I know it will be tough on them as his wife was on the field actively leading the fights against the incursions until her pregnancy became advanced and she could no longer engage in open warfare. Then anger becomes to overcome me as I read that his wife was attacked on the way to the Mongol meat stand and severely injured by several clanners who were looking for a fight as she was rezzing she was attacked again by the same group of lowbie clan gankers. She expected to be killed by Omnis and expected to kill a few but to be killed twice by the same group of irresponsible gankers was to much. My clan put forth a private vigilante force that taught the gankers a lesson by pursuing them where ever they went and forcing them to come out and fight a Clan face to face instead of from hiding. They were taught what it means to pick on a member of AoD. We are a family and they were dealt with according to the method they had chosen. They ganked a pregnant woman on her daily business and they were in turn taught that there actions were not acceptable.
As I peruse the membership applications that have been forwarded to me for my attention I check their references and the recommendations of my Generals I must decide whether to sign off on these applications and admit them to my faction. I wonder how many of these new citizens will be called on to die for our cause while so many Clanners have abandoned the fight.
As I deal with the paperwork that I must attend to on a daily basis and the politics that go with being a clan leader sometime I long for the day when I was able to partake in direct action in the fight against Omni oppression without having to worry about supplies and troops.
I did not choose to become a soldier that choice was made for me by the scientists who grew me in the lab but until the day we are free from Omni oppression and able to walk down the streets of Athen without weapons and without the fear of being killed by some reckless individual I will fight. As much as I long for the seclusion of the Shadow Lands and continuing my path to enlightenment I must put that off until we are free to decide our own lives without Corporate interference.
As I sit back in pensive thought I hear a strange tapping noise on my office window in DAV . Standing up I see a floating orb in the darkness upon opening the window and walking out onto the balcony I am knocked to the ground by a hyperactive heal pet delivering a gift of chocolate and a note asking me when I will be home.