Thread: IRRK: Body found on border of Deep Artery Valley and Outzones

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Body found on border of Deep Artery Valley and Outzones

Body found on border of Deep Artery Valley and Outzones
    12th November, 29480
    [Atlantean]

IRRK: This morning at 0000 hours RST, the forcefield generated on the east border of Deep Artery Forest was hit by a series of debris waves during an ionic storm.

Scanners on forcefield generators began a penetrating scan through the ionic storm in an attempt to see what was being brushed up against the forcefield. Initially, it was found to be the remains of a small personnel carrier, however it showed a high content of alcohol, protein particles and metabolic enzymes. There was also a significantly high concentration of notum particles present inside the wreckage, a team was dispatched from the ICC HQ but wasn't able to gain access beyond the forcefield until 0100.

Upon examination, the small personnel carrier appeared to have suffered horrific damage during the ionic storm, to the extent that the fusion core breached and doused the area in it's radioactive coolant. The casing on the core had been opened and the coolant intermix chamber used as a place upon which to rest beer bottles, when the core breached, the alcohol acted as a catalyst to the explosion, breaching the coolant seal. Subsequently because of the coolant's anti-oxidant properties it forced the breathable air out of the area and the single occupant inside began to suffocate.

Coupled with the ion storm, the remains of the fusion core took on properties similar to plasma and began stripping away the base properties of the vessel. The supplies and alcohol that were present on board the vessel were evaporated and blown westward back to the terraformed areas of Rubi-Ka.

The communication unit's blackbox aboard the carrier was heavily damaged, but it appeared that the individual aboard had attempted to send one last message home, it began "It's all Nyadach's fa-" The rest of the message wasn't entered into the unit and subsequently wasn't broadcast, most likely because of the occupant's suffocation.

The body was taken to the ICC HQ in Nepal to engage in an identification process. At 02:20, through holographic reconstruction of the ionised skin matter, it was confirmed that the individual found deceased on the carrier was a Mister George "Gorgefodder" Parsil.
    Last edited by Editor: IRRK; Nov 12th, 2006 at 17:40:32.

I know I probably should say how sorry I am to hear this news...but considering his well known record all I can say is "Good ridance".

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    The casing on the core had been opened and the coolant intermix chamber used as a place upon which to rest beer bottles, when the core breached, the alcohol acted as a catalyst to the explosion, breaching the coolant seal.
    What a way to go... Using the engine coolant as beer fridge... Typical Gorge He died like he lived: with a hair brained plan, cool beer and an explosion

He was a fool. Stubborn fool.

*wipes off a tear while adjusting her shades nonchalantly*

This is called evolution. And I thought I'd have to give it a helping hand.

Fitting. I'd salute the man, but I don't have a beer handy.

As a mark of respect for our sadly lost friend, and member of the IR family we'll be holding a mark of respect on Sunday the 19th at 9pm to commemorate our dear friend Gorge....ahh sod it, we're having a pub crawl! Starting in Neutre's and visiting every boozer on RK! We'll drink the the lil guy in the style he came to remember!

As for the final message, poor lil guy must of been delerious while sufficating...must of really been playing on his brain it seems. What an unfortunate way to go.
    Last edited by Nyadach; Nov 17th, 2006 at 01:04:00. Reason: Adding a bit :)
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

The hairball?!