Thread: Booster Pack =(

Booster Pack =(

With the release of SWG and AC2 on the horizon, the pricing of the booster pack in my opinion is far too high.

I have already decided that as soon as either AC2 or SWG launches then AO will be doomed to the dusty shelf until I need a new coaster for my coffee cup.

I have no intentions what so ever of paying for a PvP fest, but obviously those who are high level and feel the need to control land, then this might be a good offer.

To me, this is basically double charging for the SL expansion and I am therefore not going to join the masses who will buy both. If a booster is $19.95, then what price is SL going to be. For the same price I am sure that I could have either AC2 or SWG and a free month. I have had enough of Funcom.

This post is only to voice my opinions and to say what I have decided to do. It in no way is meant to make others follow suit and therefore should be taken as such.

When December comes, I am out of here (unless either of my Beta apps get taken up beforehand (for SWG and AC2.. not SL))

Kytesta

Yes the price is too high but I preordered it anyway.

I wish Funcom rewarded their loyal customers with some kind of small discount if you buy their booster. $19.99 retail. $15.99 after $5 online rebate. Now that's the way I would like it.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Here's another option: wait until after release to buy it, you know, when they DROP THE PRICE.

{Moderator edit: Comment removed. Be nice, please.}

SWG Beta ? I hear you have to pay for that too

Well, you can just wait for SL to come out. I'm fairly certain that this booster pack will be included with it. As anyone can see, they're tailoring all their decisions to potential new subscribers.

They probably saw that the user base was going down, and needed something to pick it back up, guess thats what it boils down to, fair enough, but dont let loyal custmors suffer

But in the end who knows, People can only remain loyal for so long before they break, and I maybe such a person
    Ryokucha First Gimped Novice 220 Adv.... Leets are people too!!!
    Ryokibin 220 MA - Dreams are short, but nightmares last forever...
    Ryochi 215 doc - Just another gimped healpet! :P
    Ryomeiji 205 MP - Healpet/Dmg pet/mezpet, what more could a girl ever want? MORE!
    Ryosekushi 213 Trader - Huh?!? Who?!? What?!? ahhhh...

Eternal Fury Forums

Funcom's motto is:

You only hurt the ones you love
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

personally i dont think SWG will be any good..only thing i like about the game is all the professions..i mean, how big storyline can you have with a game thats positioned between two starwars movie? obviously nothing big other than some skirmishes..plus, i don't really wanna go around Roleplaying on that game and hear all the players go "d00d th4t 1$ @ ub3r weapon, i 0nwz j00" ...you get my picture
    Eldridge "Thewanderer" Shelling
    Clan Martial-Artist
    3305 Local Diplomat

Nothing, only people with the abrreviation, "AO" in their names will say that =P And I'm not sure what I'll do with the booster pack, I wih I had more info on it before making a final decision (and if the booster is $20 then ShadowLands better have some sort of rebate, maybe it cost $40 and include a $20 rebate for accounts? An extra 3 months free maybe?)

Playing NeoCron beta at the moment. AO ran out of new things to do. Paying the same for the booster pack as you pay for the full game ?

Hmmm.

Not sure yet if I'll bother.

Already in beta NC has many of the features promised in the initial version of AO, that never were delivered.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Shub

Shub = No, I explained that this was to let people know what I am doing!. I do not give a monkeys what you do and would actually prefer that you bought the booster so you can stay the hell away from any MMORPG that I go to.

As for upping my count, well yes.... it upped it all the way to 10 posts. Bully for me. That must be a record considering my account has been active for a year on AO. Should I now go around bumping stuff to increase my count so that I can get 'stars' or whatnot next to my name.... Nah, I'd rather do something valid.

Thumbs down Re: Shub

Originally posted by Kytesta
    Shub = No, I explained that this was to let people know what I am doing!. I do not give a monkeys what you do and would actually prefer that you bought the booster so you can stay the hell away from any MMORPG that I go to.

As for upping my count, well yes.... it upped it all the way to 10 posts. Bully for me. That must be a record considering my account has been active for a year on AO. Should I now go around bumping stuff to increase my count so that I can get 'stars' or whatnot next to my name.... Nah, I'd rather do something valid.
    And why do you think we give a flying monkey what your going to do? Good grief, I don't even know you...