Thread: IRRK: Borealis: A Descent into chaos

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Borealis: A Descent into chaos

Borealis: A Descent into chaos
    9th November, 29480
    [Global]

IRRK: The changes in the city of Borealis since Omni-Tek assumed control are now blindingly obvious. It's now almost six months since Omni-Tek moved in under the cover of darkness to take over the district, in what they called "...reinforcing the defence of the vital communication facilities in Borealis."

While the defences of the city against Alien attacks are certainly stronger, many citizens feel that the Aliens aren't the most dangerous foe within the city walls. Gangs of rogues have descended on the area to the south of the Grid Terminal, and are engaging in open, no holds barred combat.

The area is repeatedly lit up by the casting of nano-programs, and the unmistakable sound of Perennium weapons firing wildly. Its something residents of the area are coming to terms with, not by choice, but because they feel it cannot be stopped.

"All night you hear those reckless fools blatantly fighting, and quite often its for no other reason than the fun of slaughtering another citizen! Its outrageous!" remarked one resident, who requested anonymity, for fear of retribution.

"One day, my son or daughter will head to Free Trade for some supplies, and they'll be caught in the middle of all this! It's only a matter of time..." remarked another, who also requested anonymity. Not for fear of revenge from violent civilians, but also from Omni-Tek Personnel.

"I've never seen an Omni-Tek guard set foot in that district! It's almost as if they're encouraging this sort of behaviour. An occasional ICC guard will step in, but will not attack unless provoked. It's ludicrous!" remarked the same resident.

With the violent gangs showing no sign of retreating anytime soon, and with Omni-Tek military forces appearing to be uninteresting in acting, the clashes will continue for many months to come. ICC peacekeepers have recommended that Borealis citizens avoid the area, and seek shelter during times of heavy fire.

http://arf.ark.funcom.com/cr/ass/pictures/scrn0304.jpg

(Picture Source: IRRK Images - Three rogue combatants lining up for battle in Borealis)
    Last edited by Lornavash; Nov 10th, 2006 at 21:26:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    ICC peacekeepers have recommended that Borealis citizens avoid the area, and seek shelter during times of heavy fire.
    And the ICC can quit with the washing of thier hands of the situation. They are as equally to blame as Omni-Tek in this mess and they should get off there backsides and act. Its as much thier fault that the suppression gas levels got to this insanely low level, and also thier fault that Omni-Tek is in town, and allowing these thugs to operate.

We've waited long enough for the lack of action from Omni-Tek and the ICC...and if they don't do something about this mess SOON...Someone will do something! And god help them.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Sure, we'll welcome neutrals, no matter who wants them to side with us. Can be even That Summers Godess for all I care.

Edit : whole Borealis thing is simply a coup. Borealis is blessed (or curesed) by rocks lining all around it, making it natural foretress. Easy to keep treaths out, or locked up inside. If OT ever decide to disable Grid and Whompa in there, it makes a perfect prison....or death trap.
    Last edited by Trgeorge; Nov 9th, 2006 at 23:42:59.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Look...we don't want to join the Clans...we don't want to join Omni-Tek either. We were nice and happy in our own little corner of Rubi-ka doing our own thing. And that's all we want back. Nothing else.

What's the real reason for all this anyhow? Borealis Security? hardly considering the mess it is now. Securing the Dish? as if, they've done little to nothing with it. Omni-Tek felt threatened by the almighty strength of Neutral forces? Come off it.

We don't know the true reason why they took our corner of Rubi-ka, but we want them out. The ICC is as much, if not more so to blame for all this by not stopping Omni-Tek, and for not keeping to the promises they made to the Neutral population. All I know is how the feeling over this entire situation is going, and its growing worse and worse daily. As others have said we are getting desperate, and when that happens anything can happen. And usually someone gets hurt.

Many of us came to Borealis to avoid the violence in the war with the Clans and Omni-Tek. We had this place as our sactury, our haven of neutrality. And Omni-Tek with the ICC's assistance have taken that from us. Cornering anyone is a bad move as somethings about to happen. Cornering someone who's already lost everything and no longer has anything to loose is just going to mean trouble.

I ask that the ICC finally gets off there backsides and gives us access to the documentation which no one has yet seen which supposidly justifys the action in Borealis. The ICC must also put forth some way for the people of Borealis to be able to get the assistance and position to enable dialogue with Omni-Tek to solve this problem and do whats needed to get them out of town. Is dialogue to much to ask for before all this decends into total ruin?
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Maybe its time OT put Unicorn company troops back into borealis proper with orders to shoot clan on sight like before, that might put some brakes on the fighting...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    Maybe its time OT put Unicorn company troops back into borealis proper with orders to shoot clan on sight like before, that might put some brakes on the fighting...
    Its not the Clanners (alone) causing the problem. Its Omni thugs as has been shown in the grid reporters pictures which has caused just as much, if not more damage. It has to stop...and soon! And the only reasonable action needed is to return Borealis to Neutral control.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Since Omni Tek moved in not only Borealis is a constant firing range, but we're spreading so much energy signatures that we can paint "invade me" in case the aliens don't find their way there. Oh yea and sometimes, some funny looking special squads stop by to say hi.

I'm eager to see the Omni Pol guards getting face first thrown outside by a real militia, a neutral one.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

A call to arms

My fellow neutral brothers and sisters
    It is a long time since our neutral ancestors broke away from their clanner or omni affiliation. They built the city of Borealis (amongst other places) where they settled and prospered in peace. Free to live their lives isolated from the conflict between clan and omni.
    Now we find that the conflict they left has come to us. It all happened during one night, the next morning we found ourselves "protected" by unicorns. Then came the declaration that our city was under its lawful rule and this was sanctioned by ICC. We protested and demanded to see the documents.
    None have been shown... and time has passed...
    Omni and clan thugs have claimed the streets and violence runs unchecked. We have protested.
    Since the Omni forces do nothing with the thugs that bring violence to our streets, it falls to us.
    So my brothers and sisters, now is the time to find your weapon. Join forces and let us drive these thugs out of our city.

Let us once again see Borealis as it is.. A neutral city...

...Free Borealis!
    Respiration... Low.. Heartbeat..!?.. .. Low.. MEDIC!!!!
    .. ...
    Oh forgot.. That is me!

Fun fun fun, but who is going to make the change, Boltgun?

In this case i'm wondering for a who on an individual level because so far much of the neutral population is not motivated to do much at all. Further more, Mayor Toog and his staff seem little help as it takes aeons to see anything accomplished. I'm not even certain that the city guards in Newland have even found the equipment that Wolf Brigade donated to them to aid in the city's protection.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

OOooooohhhh..... But oh dear queen of the Mew, you do know very well that the neutral ecosystem put a pressure directly opposed to whoever is trying to talk for it, or tell it what to do. You do know my views on that.

And frankly, I was deathly afraid it was gonna be down to the good old happy fixer to fix everybody's problems for them.... only to be bitched at later on. Glad to see some people do care.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach View Post
    Its not the Clanners (alone) causing the problem. Its Omni thugs as has been shown in the grid reporters pictures which has caused just as much, if not more damage. It has to stop...and soon! And the only reasonable action needed is to return Borealis to Neutral control.
    Dont get inflamed, i was just making a point, seeing as omni are getting such bad press over this...

Anyway the real solution is to petition ICC to have the suppression gas re-introduced at its original level, then quite honestly it wouldnt make a blind bit of difference if Unicorn company and the Sentinels both decided to 'patrol' Bor as the most they could do is have a nice little tea party together and the bullet monkeys on both sides would be forced to go elsewhere to play.

I may be omni, but ive enjoyed the atmosphere of borealis for a long time, Suppression gas ruined Bor, not Omni-tek, clans or even aliens
    Last edited by Neista; Nov 11th, 2006 at 10:47:34.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet