Thread: Area Transitions

Question Area Transitions

I've been playing for several weeks now, and in that time I've found very little to legitimately complain about. I noticed something today, however, that was fairly irritating. I'm exploring a lot more of the map as my character levels and one of the impressive features of this game, to me, was the continuity of the world.

To get to the point, I'm finding these invisible zone walls with no geometric facade to justify my lack of advancement in the forbidden direction. Behind Borealis the hills span on toward Bliss but you can't cross. The bull pasture (or whatever it's called) near Bliss doesn't cross to Athen Shire/Holes in the Wall either. It's just an invisible wall in the middle of the freaking desert. I'm not sure if there's a way to remedy something like that at this stage of the game, but it would certainly be nice.

Maybe it's an Omni-Tek conspiracy. Maybe they seek to defile the gorgeous sunsets and magnificent steppes by cleverly placing transparent walls in hopes that meandering passersby will get bloodied noses from walking into them.

In the mean time I suppose I'll just have to figure out what puzzle pieces are connected and what ones aren't.

Fiend~

Well this is somethin gI'll have to test as soon as I have my Yalm: see if i can pass above those 'inivisble barriers'

Happened to me recently again, when I wanted to see the pyramid in Home, but by passing through the mountains surrounding it. Just couldn't go down.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

That is annoying, Seriman- I agree.

I'd suggest you download Dovve's map. It has these invisible barriers clearly marked as thick black lines. At least you'll know where they are.

http://peacefairchild.tripod.com/

Thumbs up /me has been to the pyramid!

HAHA! I understand, Demenzia, about your anger of no-access to the pyramid in Home! But fear not young one! I, Ofos the sneaky Fixer have been to this pyramid.

I can guarantee to you 100% that there is a way to get to that pyramid..... alas I can't tell you. I was paid by a large atrox in Opposing Force to keep my mouth shut. He wants the bragging rights of access I suppose.

SSSSSSSH! send a /tell to Ofos if you wanna know!!!
    Pfft, the GMs and ARKs aren't rid of me yet! Back for a third round, in this corner, we have Vamp. Weighing in at a buck-fiddy and lovin' all the bitties.

Donations to the "Why Did Vamp Give All His Gearz Away" fund are now being accepted. Either that, or a friendly hello.

Ahaha! I guess that now gives me another reason to figure out how to getthere, if it's possible (from your words I assume there's no need to fly then). If I can't find, then I ain't a true Fixer
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Hmmm well i lagged bad enough solo in a mission today to end up buried deep inside some wall i suppose if your running along towards it in BS and hit a huge lag spike you could get warped to the other side of the mountains
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

If you wanna reach the pyramid in Home - all you have to do is fly high, once you're high enough you will start flying in over the pyramid...
    * July 9, 2001 :: + July 29, 2004

Dovve's site is great, the map really clears things up and his UI is good as well. Thanks!

Fiend~