Thread: It doesn't make sense....

It doesn't make sense....

Somewhere in the absent story line there is supposed to be a war going on. Yet, when we are in Newland forming teams, sometimes the team consists of omni+clan, clan+neut, neut+omni, or all three. With the conflict, why is this possible?
    .: Naraya :.

Agree. That's why I don't team with clanners, don't buff clanners.

It's only on this boards that I don't care about faction. The boards are mostly for helping.

I don't like grouping with clanners and I avoid it if possible.

On a few occasions I have left a group when they invited a clanner.

Clan + neut or omni + neut is doable.
    Proud member of Circle G.
    We solve your problems on Rubi-Ka 1.(if the price is right)

I don't team with Omnis (or buff them for that matter). People used to tell me you need to team with them at higher levels but at level 181 I can say I have done just fine without ever teaming with them.

Re: It doesn't make sense....

Originally posted by Naraya
    Somewhere in the absent story line there is supposed to be a war going on. Yet, when we are in Newland forming teams, sometimes the team consists of omni+clan, clan+neut, neut+omni, or all three. With the conflict, why is this possible?
    Why do you team with them then?

I never team with omnis, never have (have left team cuz omnis got invited)

It's your choice, imo I think it shouldn't even be possible to chat with omnis if not a chat group with neutrals were set up
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Re: Re: It doesn't make sense....

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

Why do you team with them then?

I never team with omnis, never have (have left team cuz omnis got invited)

It's your choice, imo I think it shouldn't even be possible to chat with omnis if not a chat group with neutrals were set up
    Agree!

BUT how would you defend that?
    Maybe clanners have slightly different com-system than omni. A different frequency on radio-signals (if they still use radiosignals for the coms) Different encryption-systems, and neutrals had access to both systems.

Would be kinda neat, that for omnis to speak with clanners, it would have to be in a neutral chat-group or in vicinity.

But they would have to do it from the start. Too late for it now, I think. Or is it?

Exclamation

Not being able to chat with the opposition is a bit too much, imho.

Course there could be an inherant risk in this.. maybe, you know, make it so there's a chance of such transmissions being intercepted and appropriate punishment. But from my perspective.. as a corrupt OT employee running a smuggler's organization.. that would put me out of business so fast. Bleah.

As far as teaming with the enemy goes.. again, while it should be illegal, I don't think it should be IMPOSSIBLE to help the opposition. Sheesh, make a rule against it maybe, but rules are meant to be broken, and not everyone wants to RP a loyal or ethical person.

--Sandy

Arrow

Even if there was no war etc, I would try to avoid teaming with clanners and neuts. I don't want to attack OT mobs unless its some poor guard whos bored out of his mind anyways, a little divest & plunder should brighten his day.

The real reason though:

Tabbing some teamates and not tabbing some mobs. Neut or Clan in team = there are OT mobs in missions.

Yes theres /assist, yes theres ctrl-tab, yes you can select it visually, but its a hassle and slower. I dont have assist on my shotcut bar, the few times I use it I type it. I attack the mob with the least health and mezz the rest, works like a charm unless the team is braindead.

Once in a blue moon I end up in a mixed team though. I never stick around for another mission and I remember to put my side in LFG requests for the next week after.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

It's become unusal for people on RK2 to be picky about teaming with the other side. If they're within my level range, I take them. Since I rejoined the game back in May, I've only had 3 people complain about teaming with the other side.

Maybe that's just because having fewer people makes it take longer to get a full team here.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

I am on rk-2 .. and I refuse to team with omni .. I have on a few occasions .. but i have also left team because of omni (usually I stayed because I was with a good friend or what not) I don't buff omni, I have however accidently buffed the wrong person (eh **** happens what are ya gonna do) I won't hesitate to kill an omni 75+ in a 25% zone (the greyer the better) but it is a game after all, and I love to rp, but ooc we are all here to have fun
    Devis 194 Agent Retired
    Xxdevisxx 200 Engi
    ----------------
    VASHBot A simple and secure guild/raid bot for AO
    VASHBot Forums

I avoid clanners in teams and am even apprehensive about neutrals. It bothers me when I am TABbing to highlight the enemy mob and then I keep targeting my neutral teammates. I also hate seeing OT mobs in missions (no exp).

But you have a point, cross teaming should not be allowed unless there is an amnesty in effect.

What if

What if I am a clan Fixer but I have low Morals so I dont care if Omni Hires me... to the highest bidder!

This is just a what if though... actually My Fixer is Neutral and has the same outlook but I could see it if I were clan or Omni too.

I also hate seeing OT mobs in missions (no exp).
    lol

I'm on RK-2, never had a problem finding a team entirely composed of clanners, and I'm getting up there in level (slowly), so if you don't wanna team with omni... don't.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

In previous times...

I was part of DRAP. A guild in the TBA alliance.

The Black Hand was a slightly more "hostile" Omni Alliance and this gave my playing a slight RP aspect. We killed any clan we could, we never teamed with or buffed clanners, nor assisted them in any way..... Should a member be found doing so he would be kicked .

Today its all about being Omni, and conforming within the Omni guilds, and I dont like it.

When Mayhem was formed, it was meant to be a "free for all", small guild, where ganking clanners was a star in your book, and you didnt care wether that character was 75 or 195. If the guy/girl was too strong you called for backup. Nowadays it has all changed....

T loot, and other arrangements meant that we had to conform to the "powers that be". Alliances were formed and codes of conduct "enforced" ...if you wanted to be part of the arrangements.

Then again, there was more of a story line back in the Days of DRAP....
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Last night, I was on a trip with my guild, and this clan something came up to me and asked for an essence.

As reply, I said I don't buff clanners, and told him to move away (Skybert really hates clanenrs). As reply, I got "but I have a lvl xx omni xxxxxx".

That doesn't help. Really. I mean, here I am, trying to roleplay, and because someone say they are someone else as well...should I suddenly lay all my hate away? No.

Some of my guildmembers help clanenrs, to Skyberts frustration And some neutral friends I have keep trying to convince him that clanners are not "all that bad" hehe....

My point?

*shrugs*
    I suppose we are all different. Some don't care who they team with, others DO care.

I feel I must admit, that some of my omni chars (they're all omni ) don't mind at all if their teammates are clans. It's all about RP, and what your character chooses to do. Who he/she chooses to be their friends. No more, no less.

Actually, we're not at war. We're at peace. Things have been heating up, be we're not at war. That being said, guilds used to make an effort to play their role. Members would be kicked for things like guard killing or teaming with the otherside. These days, it doesn't seem like people care one way or another. It's probably just because the majority of the people in the game were not around when there actually was a storyline, so they have no reason to play their role. Hopefully, that'll change.

But bottom line, we are NOT at war. There's lots of rules and politics and what not going on, but no real, open aggression, so I don't think it's utterly absurd that the two sides can team.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Arrow Re: "I also hate seeing OT mobs in missions (no exp)."

You still get xp on same side mobs, as long as your team side is neutral. (its impossible to get team side omni or clan without a pure team)

This can be bad if theres only 1 person keeping your team neutral, and he goes LD or leaves.

Neutral mobs give xp to anyone of course.

If they added another method of tabbing targets (tab-npc-only, tab-NotOnTeam-only hint hint) neutrals would get in teams more often. Thats the only reason I'm hesistant to team with them. Smelly clanners don't need an explanation
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things