Thread: I am so excited!

I am so excited!

Really, i can't wait for guild conflicts. The more i talk about it with my guild the more excited I become. I can't wait!

it almost makes me want to forgive Funcom for the recent botch up with the NT patch
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

This deserves a bump. It's the only positive thread I've seen in this forum.
    Last edited by Veev; Aug 19th, 2002 at 02:31:13.
    Novice Frank "Veev" Howryla
    Apprentice "Tocksick"
    Rookie Garfield "Inergi" Lene
    Freshman Mohamed "Mayley" Howryla
    Freshman Donald "Nubify" Dorph

HEY!! NONE OF THAT!!

People, please get a hold of yourselves. We cannot have positive threads like this. It might become infectious. People might actually start -- omfg, don't say it -- ENJOYING their time with AO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I can't wait for the 14.5 patch and I can't wait for the booster pack. And I also can't wait for all the whiney old crusty players to leave for E&B or SWG. Please, people, go beta test those games for us while we enjoy AO for what it has to offer.

/me waves to departing crotchety people with over-inflated senses of self-entitlement

See ya in SWG in Summer 2003!

Bumpage.
    Novice Frank "Veev" Howryla
    Apprentice "Tocksick"
    Rookie Garfield "Inergi" Lene
    Freshman Mohamed "Mayley" Howryla
    Freshman Donald "Nubify" Dorph

Actually SWG sounds cool.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

I think it's a cool idea, but I'm a little worried about a couple aspects of it. I figure I'll wait until more info is released to decide exactly what I think, but I'm still bothered.

One, being the leader of a purposefully small guild with mostly low to average level players, we're concerned that this pack will basically do nothing for us. It will encourage guilds to be as high level and as large as allowed in order to maximize the bonuses you get from held areas.

I wish they would put in some organization alliance rules, because I feel that this might solve the problem. For example, if a number of small guilds can ally together and their guilds share bonuses from held areas, it will keep people from feeling like they need to be in the biggest and best guild out there.

My other problem is the whole "tower" concept. I'm worried that this is going to end up absurdly generic. This is a sci-fi game afterall. Can't we have giant stationary robots? Mechanized proton canons? If the world becomes littered with silly looking towers that shoot over night, I'm going to groan.

Not to mention how silly the idea of "solo" towers is. You can place solo towers that are basically pets and allow you train MOBs back to them? Ugh. Silly concept and even sillier when everyone in the game does it. Towers towers everywhere. How about adding new vehicles? Why is it that we have all this amazing tech and even have roads, but everyone basically runs everywhere until they can afford the one flying vehicle in existence? Give us more vehicles, maybe which allow combat and give some combat skill bonuses. Much more believable and fun than "solo towers that act likes pets!"
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

HEY!!!...Whiney Old Crusty Players!!!!!????

Us Old Crusty Players don't whine...we just spend our money on something else when we don't like where we are.

It's the Whiney Young Pimply Players whose depature you anticipate.

There...I feel better.

LOL

Thanks Solus. This crusty old player appreciates it. I read an article recently that shows that we "old farts" are more numerous than many may think. I'll quote something from the August issue of Computer Games magazine:

Quote:

"...it does perpetuate the idea that gaming is solely by and for adolescents. According to the IDSA, the industry's de facto spokes-organization, it isn't. While 28% of "serious" PC gamers are under 18, it claims 30% are between 18-35, and 42% are over 35."

End quote.

I think as a rule, the younger folks are typically more vocal, expressing their views without necessarily taking the time to give reasons. They readily express their opinions with all the zeal that the raging horomones flowing through their bodies can muster. I was there once. I did the same thing .

Once they are tainted and burned out old farts like me, they'll most likely calm down and sit on boards doing what I'm doing now .

P.S. I didn't use HTML because it says it's "off" for me. Go figure.

edit: Forgot to close a quote.

Young people just don't know the value of silence.

The quieter you are, the more your words stand out...

Oh, and yeah, I'm excited too. So there!

Nietya

Level 77 Clan fixer.

Trellame ought to be sainted or made a deity or something. I mean, seriously.

Originally posted by Nietya
    Young people just don't know the value of silence.
    young people? I'm not that young
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

As far as land control goes, my guild is pretty much me and my alts. So while I think it's a cool idea, I'll just save my money