Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trash King Spawn

I'd love to see some people at least die when TK spawns... that should be the challenge... a very difficult to kill mob rather than one that is never seen :/

Legchopper is going to be the new TK
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

Cz, Cosmik, Someone, please read !

Yeah, they really need to do something about that ridiculous camp fest. There are people standing in line with tickets to the TK spawn. This is soooo EQ-like, and it makes me sick.

Why can't they just make the junk yard that he roams in another zone that uses the same dungeon rules as Steps of Madness??? Waiting for 6+ hours to get 1 chance to watch someone loot is truely lame.

Hell, do a Final Fantasy/The Realm style fight system if you have to where you attack a boss mob and are zoomed into a fight with just your team and the boss (like zoning into a dungeon). Everyone else will just see the team vanish after attacking the mob and nobody has to wait if they want to fight him or tag him since they would be warped into their own fight scene. Something like this would be nice for boss mobs only. We wouldnt want to burden the servers with this for all encounters and also deny people the opportunity to be helped by passers by.

Just my thoughts for a camp-free world. I think the first idea would be easier to go with since the base code is already there, but the second suggestion would simply rock.

Your thoughts??? Cz, Cosmik, someone at funcom???

Altaire

Let's make FC camp TK for a week....heheheh.
    .: Naraya :.

Um, so.. where are we to get the uniques that used to drop off of TK, if they don't drop from him anymore? Are new Robot Reed NCU's just a myth now?

Yeah, I'd like to know, too. Where do you get the Trash King pistol and Robot Reeds now?
    The Cubicle - All the Bureaucrat news you can bear to hear

Isrady Enforcer
    Cambist Crat
    Undoing Doctor

SHADOWQUEST-

Originally posted by Demono
    Legchopper is going to be the new TK
    no, he's going to become the new tara

yeah, i think FC's current plan to reduce camping is to make people camp so much that they won't want to go near anything but Home missions. lol

Question

K, I didn't read this entire thread, so some of what I'm about to say may have already been previously mentioned.

But what I think Funcom is trying to do here is test random spawn times, I don't think they're trying to make your Dodga/Alvin Pads harder to get... I actually think it's a very good idea. (Veev equips flame-proof vest.) I do agree a 20% chance of spawn every 20 minutes is a tad long for a Quest Boss, but I would love to see this implemented into the game for the other Unique Mobs. No more, "20 minutes till Tara spawns..." People just rush to certain mobs, right before they spawn, to grab the phat l3wt, whether they truly need it or not, then go back to whatever they were doing before. Why not give the people who REALLY want the loot a better chance of getting it? Not many people are going to spend a long time camping a random spawn for items they don't need too much. So people who actually do need it will have less competition this way.

Hope this makes sense?
    Novice Frank "Veev" Howryla
    Apprentice "Tocksick"
    Rookie Garfield "Inergi" Lene
    Freshman Mohamed "Mayley" Howryla
    Freshman Donald "Nubify" Dorph

Nice theory, but it doesn't work.
    I need the pads, when I go to TK he is camped by level 180s usually. And outwating people doesnt seem very fun to me.
    You really should read this thread, we are all brainstorming alternative ways to keep the items rare, but not in such a way that it involves turning this into a game of who is willing to be bored longer, or who has the most high level friends.
    My idea is make zones that you cannot enter if you are over a certain level. Or just make the thing harder to kill. There's some good ideas out there, and would be many more, if FC started asking the players for real ideas on how to accomplish a specific goal. In this case that goal is, make the alvin quest so that it is completed less so the pads are more of a rare thing to have. I'd think making it so a mob you have to tag/kill spawns infrequently is just a cop out and a temporary solution at best. Its just BORING to sit there and wait, its not a challenge. Challenge me, dont bore me please, this is a game its supposed to be fun.

Originally posted by Ratty

My idea is make zones that you cannot enter if you are over a certain level.
    so what happens if you're level 101,
    and funcom makes a new dungeon with a nodrop item you want in it,
    but you're not allowed to go there if you're over level 100?

Originally posted by Ratty
    Nice theory, but it doesn't work.
    I need the pads, when I go to TK he is camped by level 180s usually. And outwating people doesnt seem very fun to me.
    You really should read this thread, we are all brainstorming alternative ways to keep the items rare, but not in such a way that it involves turning this into a game of who is willing to be bored longer, or who has the most high level friends.
    My idea is make zones that you cannot enter if you are over a certain level. Or just make the thing harder to kill. There's some good ideas out there, and would be many more, if FC started asking the players for real ideas on how to accomplish a specific goal. In this case that goal is, make the alvin quest so that it is completed less so the pads are more of a rare thing to have. I'd think making it so a mob you have to tag/kill spawns infrequently is just a cop out and a temporary solution at best. Its just BORING to sit there and wait, its not a challenge. Challenge me, dont bore me please, this is a game its supposed to be fun.
    You dont "need" thouse pads.. How else would all manage before the quest's were set up? heh... actully its the same thing as tarasque ithink..

Dont mean i think the spawns is right tho.. dunno about that
    Last edited by Hajkster; Sep 1st, 2002 at 07:51:49.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Waiting now...Bump

Go the Rat!!

If they want to make it rare, why not just make it harder? I really dont find "waiting" to be fun or challenging. I dont mind being challenged with something hard or impossible to do, but its becoming a game of who is willing to be bored the longest, and I really dont enjoy playing that game.

Could not agree more
    hello Tri plumbo, TIM, McNugget etc etc

and i have mine, got them in a total fluke when there were 4 TKs spawned at once, thank the lord for crat mez. i shudder to think what would have happened if there was no TK there or only 1 spawn
    220 Adv, 220 Doc, 216 MP, 215 Crat, 215 Enf, 162 Fix - Scooby Ka 2

Angry

I'm really sick of the way funcom tests out things in this game. When a game producer makes a game the first rule is: make people like the game.
    And when trash king makes me sit for days or weeks to even get a chanse to kill him that's just lame. Probably no one on the world of Rubi ka likes to wait for 10 hours to kill a lame guy when they could have done something else, and if funcom dosn't understand what the general people thinks of this matter, then there is something wrong... It just dosn't work Fc!!

(sometimes i wonder if they even care reading our threads)

They create bottlenecks on purpose. If everyone has everything they want 2days after patch they get bored and find something else to do. Now if they only could find a better way to do it than make ppl fight over these spawns.

I would rather give up on the Trash King quest simply because I could not kill him than give up because I could not sit on my ass in my computer room staring at the screen any longer.

With the former I would at least know I was defeated by a superior in-game beast. In the latter I feel I was defeated by the game developers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12