Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trash King Spawn

Trash King Spawn

ok why why why is TK's spawn so long?
    20% chance of a 20 min spawn??
    what about the other 80%
    oh yeah several hours.
    This causes bottlenecks in the quest just like the hour long Greasy Joints spawn did. People waiting to tag, people waiting to kill. Those waiting to kill don't give those needing to tag time to do so as there are always several gtoups waiting to kill him. All the groups waiting to kill him are frustrated after waiting about for 4 hours or so (been waiting 3 hours at the time of writing this)
    Make TK have a 20 min spawn all the time. Make him and all the other bots unattackable for 2 min or so after spawning to give those needing to tag time to do so.

Lets have less camping and grief in this game. Funcom you have said in the past you are against camping so why keep on making it worse and introducing more and making more spots for grief to occur??

It makes your players frustrated, angry and unhappy. The game becomes alot less fun. If the game is not fun people will not play or pay to play it.

Fix this.

Edit:- 5 hours and counting
    Last edited by Sunraven; Aug 23rd, 2002 at 23:41:21.
    Sunraven - Jumpaholic and Speedfreak.

^ What he said.
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

What he said ^^ and personally I would propose maybe 20% every 10min at least (that would mean about 1 spawn per hour which would be half the time it takes now)

Hmm

Ya, agreed on the spawn times. Who likes to camp for hours on end? But, I believe that the tagging rules have been modified to allow for a bot to be tagged, even if in a fight.

Or a spawn button:

"Press here for Trash King"

"Press here for Trash King Lackey"

"Press here for Tarasque"
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

not asking for that all I want is for it to be inline with the other bots in the quest.
    TK drops no other loot but the rack now so why the long spawn?
    It just makes for grief and frustration. And the varying spawn between 20 min and up to now over 5 hours and no sign doesn't help.
    Sunraven - Jumpaholic and Speedfreak.

Agree on the spawn time.

I wish they hadn't killed the whole loot table, too. I really wanted a few Robot Reeds.
    The Cubicle - All the Bureaucrat news you can bear to hear

Isrady Enforcer
    Cambist Crat
    Undoing Doctor

SHADOWQUEST-

Talking :D

^Bump!

-----------------------
    Littletza, President of Shadow Ops
    191 soldier
    RK2

I'd like to hear some info on why they limit it at all. Are they trying to make it more rare? Its kind of very much NOT rare, and trying to get one is just frustrating, its not at all about skill or anything, its who is willing to wait around bored more. There has got to be a less BORING way to make the pads more rare.

Oh and this may all be moot if the next patch is adding tons of more quests, and if those items are as good or better than the pads. I just hope they dont continue on this path of despawning (alvin/dodga), or not spawning often (TK).

Originally posted by Ratty
    I'd like to hear some info on why they limit it at all. Are they trying to make it more rare? Its kind of very much NOT rare, and trying to get one is just frustrating, its not at all about skill or anything, its who is willing to wait around bored more. There has got to be a less BORING way to make the pads more rare.

Oh and this may all be moot if the next patch is adding tons of more quests, and if those items are as good or better than the pads. I just hope they dont continue on this path of despawning (alvin/dodga), or not spawning often (TK).
    On the contrary, the majority of people I see don't have pads. I would have to say they are still pretty rare, relatively speaking. That is their reasoning behind the spawn times. I don't think it's that bad. I did all 3 parts of the quest in one day. Quests shouldn't be that easy IMHO, but hey, that's me.
    Borxet

Originally posted by Sunraven
    not asking for that all I want is for it to be inline with the other bots in the quest.
    TK drops no other loot but the rack now so why the long spawn?
    It just makes for grief and frustration. And the varying spawn between 20 min and up to now over 5 hours and no sign doesn't help.
    I agree with you completely, Sun. I was just adding some humor
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Well, everyone who really wanted one got one when it was first released, or at least a few weeks after when greasy joints was set to every 10 minutes, and it was more possible to get it.

If they want to make it rare, why not just make it harder? I really dont find "waiting" to be fun or challenging. I dont mind being challenged with something hard or impossible to do, but its becoming a game of who is willing to be bored the longest, and I really dont enjoy playing that game.

Originally posted by Ratty
    Well, everyone who really wanted one got one when it was first released, or at least a few weeks after when greasy joints was set to every 10 minutes, and it was more possible to get it.

If they want to make it rare, why not just make it harder? I really dont find "waiting" to be fun or challenging. I dont mind being challenged with something hard or impossible to do, but its becoming a game of who is willing to be bored the longest, and I really dont enjoy playing that game.
    Now that is something I can agree with wholy. Very true. Funny how Funcom says they hate camping, but then force us to do it. Their rationale is that we'll just make times longer, that will cut down on camping. That just promotes the worst kind.

I'd love to see harder, more drawn out quests than camping, definitely.
    Borxet

Agree. 110%.. and that's not Funcom's 110% either. After going on 6 hours wait (with Sun) yesterday, i got my steenking TK deck i needed. To accomplish this i had to outwait a couple team of Omni and a group of Clanners.

If i got XP for tenaciousness (or should that be stupidity?), i woulda lvl'd. Kudos to many of my Apoc guildies for "being there" for me. Funny thing is, while i stayed and waited, they went and did Khaelar, came back to still no TK, left again and did Tara twice, came back still no TK, and one acutally fell asleep and woke up and STILL no TK. Poor Sun went for a cup of tea and TK spawned while he was afk

But we got him and the part. One more time and one more deck and i hope i never see ole TK again!

Funcom wise up and do something! Whether it be fix the spawn times, make the entire quest more challenging or something not even discussed here yet. Games are for fun, if i want to spend another day like i did yesterday... there's always watching paint dry or grass grow.

Heartthrob
    Docter with a Heart of Gold
    Storm

I had an idea for dungeons how to solve this.

I heard EQ has a thing where if you are high level, and you get loot rights cause you outdamaged, you are unable to loot, and it just prints that fact. Thats a start, but I think that just gives more griefing opportunities than anything.

How about make areas that you cannot enter if you are too high level. It could be like gas zones now, where it gives you a grace time, except if you are too level it warps you back out (or kills you), and make it considered 100% gas to that player so they cant attack anything in it. Remember a given zone can have different areas of gas, so we're not talking about locking high levels out of entire zones, just certain areas.

That way, theoretically, dungeons are actually hard to get through, its not just a game of who has more higher level friends, but who can make their current characters powerful enough.

You might say, what if you are really high level and really want the item? For example I saw a level 180 solder in stairs of madness getting a nelebs because he was just a few points off from getting some higher nano (TMS i think). Hmm, how to make that work? Maybe spawn a new dungeon per level range? Havent thought of a way to make that address that issue. The goal being make it a challenge, not a camp to complete a quest, while also keeping the items more rare. I would rather die 100 times trying to take out some really high level bot, and try to gather up a force of people in my level to take it out... then just wait for 6 hours waiting for the spawn. I think making it a tough challenge could keep the reward as rare as camping if kept challenging enough.

With TK, it could be some complicated solution where if you are over a certain level, the zone becomes 100%, so they are unable to damage the quest mob. Like, conditional gas supression.
    Then you are only competeing with people who are also of the right level for the reward, and the most high levels could do is buff and heal you.

I think this might be a more relevent solution when there are tons of quests, for all level ranges, so for example if you are level 100+ you wouldnt want to do the TK quest because theres pads of uberness from another quest you should be doing. That way the level 60 people (who TK quest is for) can compete among themselves only for it. And really TK is VERY hard for that level, so they could make the spawn time fast (10 minutes?), and if you can kill him with a team (or 2 teams!) of level 60-90, then you deserve all the decks you can farm.

Of course, I start to get inspired to help brainstorm ideas with some of you smart people, but then I realize, oh yeah, Funcom really doesnt listen to us, so why bother?

Here is what Funcom does:

Make dungeons 25% and let the players kill each other over it. This is why Camelot might be a really beautful dungeon, but I'll never know because I dont like pvp.

Make it so if you kill someone, and they havent saved in awhile, you get their xp, and get to loot items they got since last save. This only encourages ganking/griefing, not fair pvp. If you wanted to encourage people to camp the grids/whompas or common mission entrances, is there a better way than to reward the person who saved recently versus the person who just completed a mission and got a lot of xp/mission reward?

Level requirements on new nanos because they gave up on trying to tweak the other requirements in a balanced way.

So if you read the boards and see all the feasable solutions from players posted, then see what actually gets implimented. You have to ask yourself, why bother coming up with ideas when they are just ignored anyway?

One thing I saw a lot of people suggest about the recent bracer nerf is make it a different reflect % for pvp versus player versus monster. That way the people that use them in missions to solo arent completly screwed. But of course that will get ignored with the Verant style "play our game our way and stfu".

If I got an official response to any of my posts, even an acknowlegement that player ideas are at least being READ, I'd be a bit more optimistic.

What are the implications for all the quests in the 14.5 patch? Posts on the test server forum indicate that you need to kill Legchopper for a ton of them.

He's an 18 hour spawn. I've never even seen him even though I'd like his gloves.

Wow woudlnt it be cool if someone from funcom communicated to us with answers to things like this? Made us a part of the development of the game we're spending money on?
    Come on Cz or Cosmik, prove me wrong, answer this thread. I'm calling you out!

I guess we can hope the spawn times are reduced, maybe legchopper wont drop whatever uber item people are currently camping him for anymore. Or maybe legchopper is a NPC already in the game so they are just using him for a test? We can only speculate!

Hey if they are making a ton of quests (and hopefully adding a lot more NPCs to work them), maybe their is their solution. Just add more quests to cut down on camping. Hey if it works that would be cool. But what might happen is if the rewards are all crappy except for a few, those few will end up being camped. I think without doing something like level restricted areas/zones it will always be the model of the higher level people (guilds) controlling the spawns.
    Like if I see someone with shades of lucibration or whatever, I just figure, oh that person just had some higher level friends that outdamaged a team in a very uncomforitable situation. There was no skill involved in that, so am I supposed to think this person is more uber than me? No, I just think they have more uber friends. Can it please be turned into a situation where YOU have to do it YOURSELF (or with a team of similar levelled people, even better)? Like the fixer quest, its kind of hard to have someone just do that for you.

Thumbs down

Trash doesnt drop all that interesting stuff anymore I've heard. There was a good reason a few of the items should have been taken out, however.

Why doesn't FC stick him on a 15 minute spawn? Its not like people ever farmed him for xp, and they can't farm him for uniques and bracers anymore.

Let people do the quest. I could be wrong, maybe the pads were supposed to be a merit badge for tent-pitching.

Guess that was one way to fix 'camping'. Don't like 'camping' ? try some 'c am p in g'

FC must have stock in Coleman or something.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

2 of my characters have pads of dedication, one of them has 2 pads (you can wear both level 3 pads as neutral). I didnt have to camp much, because I got in when TK was on a 10 minute spawn, spawning everytime, and I got the Greasy Joints chip after they changed him to spawn every 10 minutes as well. When I went there was nobody there. It was all about the timing I guess.
    Now, I DO NOT CONSIDER THIS ELITE. There was no cleverness or skill involved, I would even not wear the pads in public because I didnt want people thinking I was this big camper, with uber friends or something. I just wanted the hp/nano/ac buffs from it cause my char is kinda weak.

So I hope people dont think its some badge of being a camper, because A TON of people got the pads during that sweet time when it was easy. Now its just annoying as heck, and I hope they fix it, because really if you are going to really want to bother going and doing the quest, you shouldnt have this huge wait just to get it. Just watch people who are waiting too, you hear nothing but flames about Funcom and how much they hate having to wait but have no choice because theres no other way to get the pads.
    Or is it like the abused wife/husband mentality? Keep beating them up, and they will stay loyal. If you give them what they want they will just leave you.

This just shows FC have no clue what it is like playing this game. The challenge should be to kill TK not figure out what to do for hours tills he spawns.

Minova:220:30:doc
    Looke:220:30:adv
    Winova:174:24:sold
    Rinova:168:23:nt
    Meanova:126:15:trader
    Meenova:95:10:agent
    Redemption

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast