Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok so you hate the game and FFC

There's a difference between complaining and whining, at least the way I see it.

Complaining
    Usually a well-constructed post that brings up bad points of Profession A or Item B, then suggests ways to fix them. Perhaps shows discontent for Funcom, but at least they aren't screaming about it.

Whining
    Uhm...ok, maybe it'd be best to demonstrate.

'OMFG FUNCOM SUCKS!!! MAS ARE SOOOOO UBER@!! WE NAED TO NERFT HE MAES OR TEH GAME IS UNBALANCEDE!!!! OMFG!!!! OH AND WE NEED A WAR!!!! THIS IS A CAREBEAR GAME LIEK TEH SIMS!!! WARAWRAWRARAWRA!!! OMFG DID I MENTION FUNCOM SUCKS?!'

Ok, maybe I was exaggerating a little...but I've seriously seen posts like that. Too many, in fact. Terrible spelling, all caps- the list goes on.

In closing- please people, make sure your post is a complaint, and not a whinefest.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Im not up to defining the difference between whining and complaing cuz they both sound a lot alike to me and I should know I do it all the time .MissMaul gave a pretty good comparison but I think the example of the whine is more of a flame than simply whining.
    And the folks at funcom I believe are sharp enuff to see that even a flame a lot of times still demonstrates the passion the player had/has for the game.
    Its true no one likes to be yelled at and its understandable sometimes people lose control,at least from my experience.

I give you an example of a complaint imo......"i just died and was at reclaim gonna get my stuff when the server crashed.....im back all my items are gone...When in the hell is funcom gonna fix this?

Now i'll try one for the whiner....." I got pk'd in a 0% zone that shouldn't have been a mayhem zone....I quit.

But then again everyone sees things and is affected by things differently.Perhaps both examples can be called whining and/or complaining but not flaming.Flaming is generally what pisses mods off and doesnt win friends or influence people.

It's the howler-monkey transmorgification, I tell you. It's a conspiracy, and it all comes down to the howler monkeys!

Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

/me wants his howler monkey morph.
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

Re: Re: Ok so you hate the game and FFC

Originally posted by Mbutu

Hi my name is Mbutu, I'm an AO addict.

I refuse to quit!
    *cheers* "Hi Mbutu!"
    "Welcome to your first meeting of AAOA" (Anonymous AO Addicts)

....well, not so anonymous, perhaps

Originally posted by MissMaul
    There's a difference between complaining and whining, at least the way I see it.

Complaining
    Usually a well-constructed post that brings up bad points of Profession A or Item B, then suggests ways to fix them. Perhaps shows discontent for Funcom, but at least they aren't screaming about it.

Whining
    Uhm...ok, maybe it'd be best to demonstrate.

'OMFG FUNCOM SUCKS!!! MAS ARE SOOOOO UBER@!! WE NAED TO NERFT HE MAES OR TEH GAME IS UNBALANCEDE!!!! OMFG!!!! OH AND WE NEED A WAR!!!! THIS IS A CAREBEAR GAME LIEK TEH SIMS!!! WARAWRAWRARAWRA!!! OMFG DID I MENTION FUNCOM SUCKS?!'

Ok, maybe I was exaggerating a little...but I've seriously seen posts like that. Too many, in fact. Terrible spelling, all caps- the list goes on.

In closing- please people, make sure your post is a complaint, and not a whinefest.

*MissMaul sees nail*
    *MissMaul hits the nail on the head*

great post and oh so very true... To whine about something and offer no ideas of how to fix it is not very constructive. And nerf is not constructive, it's destructive.

The way to improve the game is by adding things, not by taking them away... A lot fewer people get mad or quit when things are added to the game as opposed to when things that are taken away.
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

Where else can I see pixelated chicks in lingerie?

Course I am stayin.
    Shattered Dreams
    http://www.shattereddreams.org

I still enjoy AO and will stick it out for the long haul. I just hope AO can survive the other MMORGS comming out.

I have been playing since August 2001 and I really don't see why there is all this complaining. I have many alts and that taught me alot about the game and allowed me to settle into my Main...Hemicrusher.

I take breaks from leveling now and again to do things like help noobies, smack around some Omni guards and explore. I spent a couple of hours just flying around looking at the landscape and checking out MoB's I have never seen.

For me at lease the monthly fee for the game hardly covers ths cost of a decent lunch...so that will never be a problem.......But overall I still like the game.
    Hemicrusher

My Current Armor Setup Nail Armor Baby!

Stupidity Should Be Painful

LVL 200 Clan Enforcer - General of Lost Chapter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12