Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok so you hate the game and FFC

Question Ok so you hate the game and FFC

I hear a lot of ppl whinging that FFC are crap and treat us badly.
    I hear this game has serious flaws.
    I hear this game is broken.

So why are you still here?
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Cool

I'm still here becuase I still enjoy it.

I dont power level and I thoroughly enjoy helping others along.

Its a game, play it. Try not to treat it like life and death.

There is no prize for winning.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

I'm getting kind of sick of people whining...

I love Anarchy Online.

I hate to say I don't like Funcom nearly as much.

People need to realize this is just a game. Sometimes you need to take a step back and think 'What do I feel like doing today?' You don't HAVE to level.

Suggestions:

1) Help noobs.
    2) Kill some gray stuff, just for fun.
    3) Offer a service, if you have one. Implants, monster parts, ect.
    4) Figure out when you can use ql200 <whatever>.
    5) RP.
    6) Skydive.
    7) Think of event ideas.
    8) Make up a song parody about something.
    9) Make up a song parody about how much your profession sucks.
    10) Write a fanfic.
    11) Go exploring. Never been to the corner of the world? Why not go there?
    12) Think of quest ideas.
    13) Train as many enemies as you can.
    14) Think of entries for the Guiness book of AO Records.
    15) Script songs.

More to come!
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

What I never understand is why people come back to whine when they decide to quit.

Seriously, if someone hates this game that much, why even wasting more time with whining during days or even weeks after having 'officially' quit? That's just beyond me...
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Thumbs up

I'm getting kind of sick of people whining...

I love Anarchy Online.

oh man its good to hear this kinda thing on the boards.
    ppl seem to forget that the reason that they whin so much about this game on the boards is that the play it all the time.

i think trying to solve problems the game has is important (i've heard that it has a few ) but some of the posts that i've read are unbelievable. ppl pouting in a corner cuz FC decieded to change a gameplay element to make things better. the whole FC conspericy theory about how the devs are trying to screw the players over this the funniest thing i've ever heard in my entire life.
    wtf?
    it just goes to show how many "young" players there are on RK.

they want u to play. they want to make it a great experiece. but jesus, its not an easy task. lotta ppl. lotta gameplay elements.
    shoot, i play a engie. can u say frustrating? but i love this game and will continue to play it.
    look what happened to fixers. everyone hated em. now everyone loves um. cuz now they're "uber" *sigh* if all u want to do is powerlvl go play tetris.

FC has made a great game. try being a game devo. not an easy job. esp. when there is a board full of ppl that dont have anything better to do than whin.

edit: oops, i have a hard time not cussing apparently

Heh...

Never underestimate the negative effect logging on to an internet message board has on the intelligence and common sense of a surprising number of people. Recent studies show that the average internet surfer has an astonishing 26% chance of transmorgafying into a rabid howler monkey with a fixation on throwing flaming poo during the course of a visit to any given messageboard. Even the Weather Channel.

A sub-division of the study designed to sample internet gamers found that on any given visit to the message boards supporting their current game, fully 72% would at least screech, scratch their armpits, and look around for some lighter fluid. 54% would go on to complete the howler-monkey transformation during that visit and proceed to plaster random threads with flaming crap - aka, crappy flames.

This effect is often exacerbated by youth, boredom, ignorance, ego, and the abusive treatment of other humans-turned-howler-monkeys who, when showered with flaming poo, proceed to retaliate with a combation of hot air and more flaming poo.

Note: 87% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

roflmao...
    that pretty much sums it up imo

NOYB

Why do you want to know why?

You building a database of all who complain and their reasons for remaining in the game?

Complaining about people complaining is worse than complaining about game issues or customer support.

Are you trying to stalk people?
    Why do you post here?
    What color socks do you wear to the mall?
    Why do you drive that pos?

You know what? You don't have to answer any of these questions because they are none of MY business but it makes as much sense for me to ask them as it does for you to ask why I play.

Cool

Statistics is like a bikini. What it hides is more interesting than what it reveals.
    I'm not leaving AO. You can't make me leave!

Re: NOYB

Originally posted by JoeAverage

You know what? You don't have to answer any of these questions because they are none of MY business but it makes as much sense for me to ask them as it does for you to ask why I play.
    I don't get it... :\

Actually, I'm not complaining about people complaining...I'm complaining about 5 threads on the same topic, all with whiny 12 year olds screaming with 5 obscenities per sentence.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Originally posted by skygod
    Statistics is like a bikini. What it hides is more interesting than what it reveals.
    Nice one!

Wink Hmm..

It's one of those things that confuses me too.. while I'm by no means a fanboi (fangrrl?), and I freely admit AO has quite a few flaws, I'm still enjoying it, which is why I play the game instead of spamming the message boards with complaints.

I have a little suggestion for the "THIS GAME SUCKS!!" crowd.

Click that little "Cancel Account" button. You know you want to. Then wipe AO from your hard drive.. and.. *gasp*..

Move the f*** on!

No one is forcing you to play a game you don't enjoy.

--Sandy

That's something you see all the time, complaining. I'm new to AO, but a veteran of many mmorpgs. I've played UO, EQ, AC, and dodged DAoC. Every message board is full of them. Me if I get bored, or tired of the bugs, I move on. Right now, even with the bugs, and "nerfs". I like AO, I plan to stick around for awhile and see where it goes.

Of course after reading all these forums I decided to be one of the "Uber" classes. I'm a mighty NT

I'm not

Just quit today.

Date of registration 2001-06-29 11:59:36 UTC
    Account status Open until 2003-01-31
    Subscription is cancelled
    Next billing Not scheduled

Just not good enough. I pay and pay for repetitive gameplay.
    They make a ton of area for PvP but its not used. PvP'rs stay at the edges where they cna move to safety after a kill. And damn to hell if I pay more money for a "Booster pack" that was content that should'a been here in the first place.
    We begged forever for Enforcer buffs for other weaposn than the blunt weapons, we got nothing.. Forget it.

I bi**hed a little, sure, but I went ahead and solved the problem.

So for all you guys that made the game fun enough to hang onto it since beta, "Thank you".

G'bye all!
    Last edited by Foster; Aug 25th, 2002 at 18:59:28.

Complaining ; or "Whining" as you people call it is GOOD. try to imagine where this game would be today if noone complained/whined (and dont try telling me that there is a difference of whining/complaining).

I bet 1/3 of the bugs that has been fixed would still be here, and 1/3 of the new features we have would not be implemented. Its good to whine, it keeps the Dev's on theyr toes !
    Last edited by Balderac; Aug 25th, 2002 at 19:25:27.

Re: Ok so you hate the game and FFC

Originally posted by Kissysuzuki
    So why are you still here?

Hi my name is Mbutu, I'm an AO addict.

I refuse to quit!
    I AM Kantarell I AM Mbutu
    Techno-Wizard is the most fun to play!

Well, I still have fun in AO despite the fact that Funcom is an incompetent, clueless, lying company that censored its forums to hide the existance of game bugs from new european customers last year.
    -Well, God was my copilot, but we crashed into a mountain and I had to eat him.

Originally posted by Alex Mars
    Well, I still have fun in AO despite the fact that Funcom is an incompetent, clueless, lying company that censored its forums to hide the existance of game bugs from new european customers last year.
    Exactly my thoughts. I despise most of Funcom, but the game is still fun, and that's what matters to me.
    ~~~~~

/me thinks AO is the matrix
    /me likes the matrix
    /me wants it fed directly to his brain
    /me looks for more crack
    Devis 194 Agent Retired
    Xxdevisxx 200 Engi
    ----------------
    VASHBot A simple and secure guild/raid bot for AO
    VASHBot Forums

Originally posted by Balderac
    Complaining ; or "Whining" as you people call it is GOOD. try to imagine where this game would be today if noone complained/whined (and dont try telling me that there is a difference of whining/complaining).
    No. The point isnt't complaining about bugs and such and pointing out so that they can be fixed. THAT, I agree, is useful and even necessary.

What's beyond me is people who say that they *cancel* and stop playing because the game sucks for reason X or Y or Z, and then come back posting about how FC and AO suck yadda-yadda, but *only* complaining (or rather whining, here)... not adding anything new to help in improving things.

I mean, c'mon, if you decide IRL not to go in a certain night-club anymore because it sucks, would you go back there every night just to yell to the customers inside that the club sucks? Maybe if you haven't anything better to do with your evenings, but then, it's somewhat sad.

If people complain, that's fine.
    If they just whine and puke on all of this without suggesting anything, then it's a waste. ^_^
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast