Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Science Symposium

Science Symposium
    25th October, 29480
    [Atlantean]

Date: SATURDAY 18th of November
    Time: from 19:00 GMT / 2:00 PM EST
    Dimension: Atlantean

Yes ladies and gentlemen, it's that time of year again!

For the fourth year running, Rubi-Ka Universal Robots would like to invite scientists, engineers, medical researchers, mathematicians and inventors from all over Rubi-Ka to take part in the fourth Isaac Asimov Scientific Symposium. If you have made any interesting discoveries, formulated a new intriguing hypothesis or just stumbled accidentally on a magnificent new invention you wish to discuss this with your peers in a friendly environment with a lot of alcohol, please give get in touch. Or just come and sit in the audience, pretend to listen and drink the free booze!

This is a yearly event which is held in November. We are particularly keen to have scientists from all factions as a reminder that, despite what the politicians may tell use, science knows no boundaries. If you plan to speak at the symposium, please post your name and your topic below. Time permitting, we will also allow speakers who just turn up on the day to make their presentations too, but preference will be given to those who have booked in advance.

Hope to see you all there,

Dabblez

Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)

Yes, we all know how important it is to be drunk while discussing scientific breakthroughs. While your at it bring in the dancers and endless rave music to top off this unique event.

I second to the rave music request but I pass on the alcohool... as a researcher I must be sober... or bad things could happen... especially when you work with dangerous viral strains

Quote Originally Posted by Indyjones14 View Post
    Well, my character Engiwright has quite a few inventions....
    I will be definately there
    Yay for intoxicating beverages!
    Looking forward to see you there. New inventions are exactly what we want!
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I'll be there

I would like to make a report on symposium regarding my recent research in Shadowlands and on Rubi-Ka. I hope this would be interesting not only for Nano-Technicians but also to all scientific society.

Excellent. Consider yourself signed up, looking forward to it.

An engineer friend of mine, Desertpower will try to attend and try to cover the event in my behalf since I will be unavailable that day.

I will be doing a presentation on the Jujumail delivery system.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Very well Minister Jujuwalker, I've added you to the list.

If I have time I might be able to come and present some of my findings on the subject of 'Notum Time' and its implications for nanomages.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Very well, though I fear any presentation that includes the words "notum" and "nanomage" means we need to request Omni-Pol make an extra bomb sweep before, during and after the event. Oh my.

Dabblez

This is Rubi-Ka, mew, is there a way where any science presentation wont include the word "notum"?
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

I've discovered that if you say "leet" enough, you don't need to say "notum." Oh, by the way, I guess I *will* be presenting the results of my continuing work with ancient computer archives. The Atrox librarians are quite incorruptible, and have been a tremendous help.

With some luck, I will be presenting my work with NCUs.

Quote Originally Posted by Berael View Post
    If I have time I might be able to come and present some of my findings on the subject of 'Notum Time' and its implications for nanomages.
    I do hope that you have been traveling with a heavy guard since you said that Ms Wolf considering what happened to the last group who did research that would have had implications of some kind for nanomages.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Logs from the Symposium. Many thanks to all who attended and hope to see you all next November!

Minage: Welcome to the 4th Annual Isaac Asimov Science Symposium
    Bruntos: smiles friendly at the atrox
    Minage: sponsored, of course, by RUR, makers of fine robotics
    Texiel: pokes bruntos
    Sary: coughs.
    Bruntos: mumbles something about "no need to poke
    Texiel: farts insted
    Minage: We've got a few presentations lined up, but if anyone has anything they'd like to present, please contact Dabblez
    Texiel: points a bruntos to blame him
    Bruntos: looks disgusted at the atrox
    Minage: So first off, let's see... Jujuwalker
    Minage: ready to rock, Juju?
    Jujuwalker: in 20 seconds.
    Minage: hello Jcorion
    Jujuwalker: beeps something
    Minage: also, if anyone needs drinks, just holler!
    Minage: I expect you all will soon enough.
    Jcorion: nods at Minage to acknowledge without interrupting the symposium.
    #1 Jujuwalker

Jujuwalker: Well hi. I'm Jujuwalker, Fixer by trade, Trade minister by title, and free thinker by nature.
    Jujuwalker: i'm here today to talk to you abou the Jujumail anonymous messenging system.
    Jujuwalker: checks his notes.
    Playboyfixer: yo
    Gimpeline: hi there
    Desmo1981: hello
    Jujuwalker: Privacy is defined by the ability of an individual or group to keep their lives and personal affairs out of public view, and/or to control the flow of information about themselves. Using publicly available information from public databases, one can know a lot of background information on an individual in the current Rubikan society. Security Rank progression. Guild associations. Side switches. Off world vacations. Your actual first name. All of these, and more, and available for those who wish to do research on you.
    Jujuwalker: waits for people to be seated.
    Jujuwalker: Of course, sometimes you wish to limit what people can learn about you, and more importantly, what you think. People can report on your conversations. Even the T.E.L.L.S messaging system leave easely followed traces. People wishing to report problems, "blow the whistle" and even message bearers open themselves to possible repercussions and interrogations when things are said that do not please the powerful. The creation of the Jujumail anonymous mailer was seen as a possible solution to these problems.
    Jujuwalker: The Jujumail messaging system is the first publicly available anonymous mailbot on rubika. The principle is rather simple : send the bot your message, and it will deliver your message if the person is around, or store the mail for the recipient until he chooses to check it. Users can be auto notified of newmail automatically upon their return.
    Jujuwalker: The jujumail messaging system is considered to be a cypherpunk remailer, in the fact that it removes sender information completely, and does not keep logs of the transactions. I would receive a mail thru Jujumail, and i would have no way to know who it is from. This new, anonymous way of transfering messages can be used by anyone, for free.
    Bruntos: shrugs
    Jujuwalker: I also believe the Jujumail messaging system should be considered a grand social experiment. It will free people from the contraints of the T.E.L.L.S. messaging system, and allow unprecedented free speach for all kinds of uses, from safe whistle blowing to chicken**** comments on somebody's wardrobe. Already i've got reports of people on enemy sides being able to chat to each other this way, arrange meetings, etc. Who knows, this could eventually be a tool for peace, revolution or romance ! The possibilities are limited only to the user's imagination.
    Jujuwalker: looks around....
    Jujuwalker: Well, i'll field some questions
    Jujuwalker: ohh, i'm getting a " mary had a little leet message"
    Destractor: grins
    Jujuwalker: Anyone ?
    Dabblez: raises her hand
    Jujuwalker: yes dabblez ?
    Dabblez: What is your angle in this and how do we know you don;t have access to all the information?
    Jujuwalker: well, i'm a neutral. i'm a firm believer in treating everybody on an equal ground.
    Dabblez: Incidentally did everyone hear my question on the otehr side of the room?
    Jujuwalker: Personally, i run this as a free public service, because i see a need for this kind of thing to be available.
    Destractor: raises his hand
    Eeod: wakes up
    Jujuwalker: My point is not to profit off this, since i really do have better things to do than spy on people.
    Chilia: So this is where the nut cases.... i mean, sciencetists have gathered
    Jujuwalker: My point is to allow free speach, in any form possible, to be usable.
    Jujuwalker: i've got an anonymous quesiton sent by jujumail,a dn one by des.
    Jujuwalker: Anon question : What stops you from using jujumail to gather intel on other people?
    Jujuwalker: Well, first of all, i would like to say that ALL sender information have been removed from the messages.
    Jujuwalker: the messages themselves contain no sender information at all. i do not know who is sending the mail.
    Jujuwalker: And to be really honest, i got better things to do, like try to get the neutrals to all agree on something. While i may " run" jujumail, i do so from a very hands off manner. there are no logs.
    Texiel: can i ask something?
    Jujuwalker: and while "safeguards" are in place against certain things like spam, the things runs by itself by now.
    Jujuwalker: Des is next, then tex.
    Destractor: Is there any way to anonymously reply to an anonymous question without knowing the anonymous person who sent it anonymously?
    Jujuwalker: motions for des.
    Texiel: got ya
    Jujuwalker: the answer is NO. because all sender info is stripped, there is NO WAY to know who sent the message.
    Jujuwalker: you hence, cannot reply to the message, unless the person signed the message by an alias known to you.
    Jujuwalker: for example, i sign all my messages by ending them with --Da Juju.
    Jujuwalker: Tex, your question.
    Texiel: you answered it thanks
    Desmo1981: raises his hand
    Jujuwalker: Desmo ?
    Desmo1981: well juju, i have been using ur invention for a while now, and i gues its handy, but i have been getting some logon problems lately, do u have any idea on what is happening that causes it
    Jujuwalker: Could you describe the nature of the problem ?
    Urbus: raises his hand
    Desmo1981: well i start to use it like normally but instead of it saying that i have messages or no messages i get nothing
    Minage: running a bit short on time, so Urbus' question will be last
    Jujuwalker: That's probably because you haven't put yourself on automail notification. you can /tell jujumail notify on and it will contact you if you have new mail , usually in 60 seconds after your logon
    Jujuwalker: if you are only, you ALWAYS get a jujumail newmail notice.
    Urbus: Just curious, what if someone would like to break the war sending Jujumail messages with the alias of opposite side?
    Jujuwalker: I would say it's an interesting use of a very versatile tool.
    Jujuwalker: of course, the deception would not last very long
    Desmo1981: alright i gues that awnsers my question then
    Jujuwalker: Well, in conclusion, i'll just mention that this is a new tool, and that it's uses are still undiscovered.
    Jujuwalker: thank you all for your time, and don't forget to give the system a shot, by sending a tell to "jujumail".
    Minage: applauds
    Astera: claps
    Dabblez: claps
    Mrrage: claps
    Texiel: applauds
    Eeod: claps
    Urbus: applauds
    Sary: claps
    Bruntos: applauses and takes a sip from his beer
    Minage: Excellent presentation, I see a lot of potential in Jujumail
    Lyekea: claps
    Desmo1981: claps
    Jcorion: applauds

#2 Urbus
    Minage: Next up, we've got Urbus
    Minage: ready, Urbus?
    Desertpower: ponders
    Urbus: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen!
    Nuser: applauds
    Urbus: I'm Professor Urbus Ortega from Rubi-Ka Institute of Technology (RIT).
    Urbus: The last few months I spent in Shadowlands doing research on my Superverse and Underverse theory.
    Urbus: But what I have to say is not related to this research.
    Urbus: The point is that during my journeys throughout Shadowlands I have noticed some strange malfunctions of my Humidity Extractor programs.
    Chilia: writes down some notes on her datapad
    Urbus: The efficiency of HE seems to be in correlation with the temper of Novictum in the air and (mostly) in the soil of nearby territory.
    Urbus: So, I began to search for the clue of this phenomenon and, eventually, I found it!
    Urbus: It is well known that Notum and Novictum are the two sides of one medal. They amplify each other's effect and seem to show adhesive tendencies.
    Urbus: This adhesiveness caused the Notum harvesting nanobots to malfunction.
    Urbus: And I thought: “What if, just what if, the ordinary nanobots were equipped with some Novictum-alloyed parts?”
    Dabblez: eyes widen
    Mrrage: nods
    Urbus: So I returned to the university and got my hands on the laboratory Universal Constructor trying to build an example of such nanobots.
    Urbus: During the experiments I've got mountains of data that still needs to be processed. But the main goal has been achieved.
    Urbus: I've managed to develop a technological process to construct Notum-adhesive nanobots.
    Urbus: The problem is that Universal Constructor is a compound of various stationary scientific equipment. Only large universities and scientific research facilities can afford such a thing.
    Urbus: During a period of time I've been looking for how to make this technology publicly available.
    Urbus: Finally the solution was found, though the result is highly dependable on components.
    Urbus: And as you might expect it depends on user's tradeskills.
    Urbus: I named these two programs "Rapid Notum Extractor - Type 1" and "Type 2" respectively
    Urbus: These programs are for ordinary nanobots.
    Urbus: But they contain instructions on how to build a Notum-adhesive nanodots.
    Urbus: The Notum-adhesive nanobots upon construction begin to collect an ENORMOUS amount of Notum from nearby nature.
    Urbus: But this has a negative side.
    Badpacket: Hello everybody.
    Dabblez: waves
    Sary: Hey BP
    Urbus: These bots experience an ENORMOUS energy fluctuations
    Urbus: And though destructed by their job in about 15 minutes
    Eeod: loves fluctuations
    Urbus: And the second negative is that Notum around is depleted for some time, so the new army of bots can be constructed only 45 minutes later.
    Urbus: Now about tasty things.
    Urbus: The effect of this program is spread throug all team members.
    Jujuwalker: wonders if urbus has dozed off...
    Badpacket: dozes off and tilts his head slightly
    Minage: looks like more than just notum fluctuating
    Mrrage: fidgets
    Urbus: Sorry... The immediate call from Philip Ross
    Desertpower: Huh? Ross is in a coma....
    Trgeorge: wasn't awere he's well enought to make calls already...or still alive for all that it matters
    Desertpower: looks puzzled
    Badpacket: snores
    Minage: Excellent research regardless, Professor
    Urbus: Thank you
    Minage: amazing stuff, notum... still a lot we don't know about it
    Bruntos: applauses
    Jujuwalker: applauds
    Mrrage: applauds desultorily
    Gimpeline: claps
    Nuser: mutters "the lack of notum from his research must have gotten to his brain"
    Sary: claps
    Badpacket: wakes up
    Nuser: claps
    Badpacket: rubs his eyes
    Astera: smiles
    Sary: And time for me to go. Bye bye guys.
    Desertpower: politely claps
    Astera: Goodbye Sary
    Jujuwalker: have a good one sary.
    Minage: okay, we've got 2 more presentations yet
    Minage: if there are no questions for Urbus, of course
    Minage: no questions, I take it

#3 Dabblez

Minage: then next up, our own Dabblez would like to speak a bit
    Minage: ah - if anyone else would like to present, please let one of us know
    Minage: take it away, boss
    Dabblez: Ladies, gentlemen and atrox
    Dabblez: First of all, I have here a shocking statistic for you all to consider. Almost 98% of all people will die on their first visit to Adonis.
    Dabblez: Now, this being Rubi-Ka, they generally get better.
    Mrrage: chuckles
    Dabblez: But the fact remains that time traffic through the region is raising to all the time, Adonis remains a nasty death-trap.
    Dabblez: The cause of most of these fatalities is the Abyss, a vast, parasite infested natural reservoir of toxic meta-water.
    Dabblez: Remove the Abyss, and travel through Adonis becomes much quicker, simpler and safer.
    Dabblez: And this is exactly what we wish to propose to do. I here today propose that RUR is given the go ahead to drain the Adonis Abyss and engage in the first major land reclamation project the Shadowlands have ever seen.
    Astera: raises an eyebrow
    Mrrage: doubletakes
    Jujuwalker: though the leading death was because of unsexy swimming suits being vetoes by sharks.
    Kithiria: shakes her head
    Dabblez: This is a humongous engineering feat we are proposing, I know.
    Nuser: narrow her eyes with an odd expression on her face
    Dabblez: But like any major project, it can be broken down into a number of smaller, discreet projects, namely:
    Psikie: frowns
    Badpacket: ~Good luck on that..~
    Badpacket: yawns
    Eeod: smiles
    Chilia: blinks
    Dabblez: 1. We propose to build a massive dam in Adonis. Based on who invests the most in this project it could be called the Astera dam or the Destractor dam.
    Desmo1981: is bafeled
    Dabblez: 2. We propose to build an industrial water-de-metasination plant to convert the meta-water into proper, H2O water.
    Destractor: rubs his jaw
    Dabblez: 3. We propose to install gigantic water pumps to drain the excess water and dump it over the brink just over Wailing Wastes, bringing much needed water to that desert region.
    Chilia: note to self, Dabblez sucking up to known terrorrists
    Chilia: makes some more notes
    Dabblez: 4. We propose to use the dam to generate a virtually limitless supply of hydro-meta-electric power.
    Dabblez: 5. Finally, once the Abyss has been drained, we propose to transform it land so reclaimed into a giant, fully mechanised kappa berry plantation with an integrated canning factory for destined the export markets.
    Dabblez: beams
    Trgeorge: raises hand
    Astera: taps a message to Eco Red and chuckles
    Dabblez: There are of course still some unsolved problems.
    Nuser: mumbles "all about profit..as usual"
    Dabblez: As yet we have no idea turn meta-water into ordinary water; it's more of a chemistry sort of problem, which isn't RUR's forte.
    Jujuwalker: raises his hand also.
    Dabblez: To that end we are considering out-sourcing this aspect of the project, maybe running a contest with a financial prize for whoever can work out a viable water-de-metasination process.
    Mrrage: shakes head
    Kithiria: mumbles something about R.U.R. and hecklers
    Dabblez: We will also need brave volunteers willing to repeatedly jump from Adonis's brink so we can accurately map the exact coordinates of where they land in the Wailing Wastes.
    Jcorion: calmly raises his hand
    Dabblez: Until we know where the excess water will be going, we can't really decide where best to build our dam.
    Dabblez: Also we really don't know much about meta-hydro-electric power yet, though it's kind of funky.
    Mrrage: holds head "oy vey"
    Badpacket: That won't work..
    Dabblez: So in summary, in the weeks, months even years to come,
    Desertpower: I must make a comment.
    Desertpower: You propose to drain it...yet you expect others to foot the bill, why doesn't RUR foot the bill? and did you do a complete research on the effect on Adonis eco system? how will the 'residents' of Adonis will react? would they make them more aggresive therefore making Adonis even more dangerous?
    Minage: please wait until the Q&A section
    Jujuwalker: shushes people
    Dabblez: what we hope to achieve with this project is to reduce the death rate in Adonis, bring life to the Wailing Wastes, make tons of money from exporting canned kappa berries and, above, all engage in one of the greatest engineering feats of our times.
    Berael: blinks
    Dabblez: Simple, no?
    Minage: smiles
    Dabblez: So, were there any questions?
    Minage: i believe Trgeorge had his hand up first
    Trgeorge: you claimed that water in Abyss is toxic. Since none of us have gils, different theory might arise on second glance
    Psikie: raises hand
    Trgeorge: And what water you propose to dump into Wailing wastes? Toxic one? Since this one appears to be in excess
    Badpacket: raises his grenade launcher
    Desertpower: make tons of money...so...that is what RUR is up to...after 2 years of not showing a cent of profit...you come up with this crazy project to try and make some cash...while having others fund the project!
    Desertpower: Outrageous!
    Dabblez: No, no.. did you miss the bit about the water-de-metasination process? Do you think us so irresponsible?
    Jujuwalker: raised his hand second
    Desertpower: nods at Trgeorge
    Psikie: actually in theory it is sound... but my research would say it's not possible...
    Minage: next question from Juju
    Psikie: the meta water is a byproduct of the envirnment, much like rain clouds are to an ocean rich envirnment
    Dabblez: Desertpower, given that Mecruty Dragons have been buying up RUR shares recently, I thought you'd approve of us making some profit?
    Nuser: Happened before did it not? "accidently" dumping toxis
    Psikie: now the meta water is as natural to the envirnment of ado as breathable air is
    Desertpower: I opposed that, still do...a waste of credits in my opinion...while our new leader is hoping for the investment to be worth it.
    Bruntos: takes a sip from his Can
    Dabblez: Is it Jujuwalker's question?
    Minage: please, raise your hand and wait to be called on for questions
    Chilia: makes some more notes
    Minage: yes, Juju's up
    Chilia: I guess i got enough. This will be interresting indeed
    Jujuwalker: well
    Jujuwalker: So there's this fantasticly old civilisation that got anihilated.
    Jujuwalker: You got the RESULTS of this anihilation, the meta water around.
    Jujuwalker: And you want to mess around with it ? what did you ethics comitee say on this dangerous idea of yours ?
    Minage: ...ethics commitee...
    Dabblez: We are just removing a hazard and turning into life-giving pure water
    Dabblez: Next question
    Kithiria: raises her hand
    Minage: Jcorion is up
    Badpacket: waves his grenade launcher impatiently with his finger on the trigger
    Astera: raises a hand
    Dabblez: looks at Miange
    Minage: man with the blue stick
    Jujuwalker: mumbles "Don't you think there's a REASON the adonis people got eradicated ?"
    Jcorion: My question is less on the debate present here and more on the logistics behind this concept.
    Minage: also, we only have a short time, we may not be able to get to all questions. still one more presentation!
    Desertpower: I dont think RUR has an ethics commitee....I still remember that malfunctioning vacuum bot that almost killed a neut...
    Habi: i remember that also
    Dabblez: What is your question Jcorion?
    Jcorion: A large facility is being proposed to be in Adonis, however - Bar the occasional group of people in the middle of nowhere and settlements run by the Unredeemed & Redeemed, the furthest permenant settlement that can be safely travelled to is the Jobe Research facility in Nascence.
    Jcorion: How does the speaker propose a safe means between the facility on Adonis & Jobe, assuming the facility isn't self-sustainable.
    Dabblez: Well naturally we envisage a high level of automation
    Berael: hmm mew
    Dabblez: Fine robots doing most of the work
    Dabblez: of course
    Dabblez: Once the land is reclaimed
    Dabblez: there may be opportunities for settlers
    Dabblez: next question?
    Badpacket: Wouldn't it be simpler to blast a hole in the bottom of Adonis and dispose of the substance to Rubi-Ka? ~on Rome or Borealis perhaps~
    Minage: Desertpower, you had a question?
    Berael: raises a hand.
    Nuser: glances at Badpacket
    Dabblez: I think I've already replied to Desertpower
    Mrrage: raises hand
    Dabblez: Anyone else?
    Minage: alright then, Psikie
    Dabblez: Psikie then, your question
    Minage: we may have to call that the last question for time's sake
    Minage: feel free to hold additional questions until after the symposium
    Dabblez: checks her watch
    Psikie: actually my question was answered
    Minage: okay, Kithiria then?
    Dabblez: Sure
    Kithiria: I'm just assuming for a second that the Adonis ecosystem will be wiped out by your plan, and that you're cool with that.
    Dabblez: Yes
    Kithiria: But what you're doing seems only marginally better to me than what the hecklers are doing out on the brink.
    Kithiria: You might as well get them to punch a hole in the bottom of the meta-sea, for all I can tell.
    Kithiria: Have you put any thought into the effects on the rather fragile shadowlands themselves?
    Dabblez: Nonsense, I don't see Hecklers plenting Kappa Berries or generation meta-hydro-electric power
    Dabblez: Thank you everyone for your support. Expect more news on Adonis project in the weeks and months to come!
    Kithiria: mutters "Apparantly not..."
    Mrrage: is not pleased
    Minage: Obviously a touchy subject, feel free to ask more after the symposium, or via Channel 42, or the usual other means

Minage: Psikie, are you ready?
    Psikie: yes
    Eeod: woohoo!!!
    Minage: the floor's all yours
    Psikie: crackes knuckles
    Berael: blinks
    Psikie: well my presentation is not as awe inspiring as the previous
    Desmo1981: smirks thinking about that
    Psikie: it is however, important to the meta- community
    Psikie: i have long been researching ways to better the standard "creation" weapons used by Metas
    Psikie: and in my research i have found a few constants
    Mrrage: sits up
    Psikie: one being the fact that creation weapons use an external as well as internal source for the weapons
    Psikie: primarily nanobots
    Psikie: the standard being something similar to this Gold Acantophis
    Psikie: or Azure Cobra of Orma Shield of Asmodian
    Psikie: now as is these "weapons" are not very effective as they are cumbersome and unweildy
    Psikie: so i began experimenting withusing different sources for the solid notum centers of the staves
    Psikie: to my surprise i finally found something that can be used as a substitute,
    Psikie: adapted notum crystals, more specifically Robinson Crystal I
    Psikie: there has been however one main problem,
    Psikie: i have not been able to stabilize the union of the 2 materials
    Psikie: at the longest the creations last approximatly 47 seconds before dissapating
    Psikie: but they show almost 300% improvement in effectiveness over the standard creations
    Urbus: nods
    Psikie: as a side note i have found the creations last longer in a notum rich envirnment
    Psikie: Shadowlands in general help the weapons maintain substance
    Dabblez: does the maths for herself
    Psikie: i had not thought to test them in meta water untill today...
    Psikie: although meta water alone may not be an actual solution
    Psikie: it may further research to making the new creations more stable
    Psikie: i have also tried using energized crystals
    Psikie: both lien's and seamus... to no avail
    Psikie: but i beleive i am on the verge of a marvelous new adaption to creation weapons...
    Psikie: thank you~
    Dabblez: raises her hand
    Mrrage: claps
    Kithiria: claps
    Minage: claps
    Reaperxi: claps
    Urbus: claps
    Texiel: claps
    Psikie: o yes of course.. Dabblez?
    Jujuwalker: claps
    Myreyliib: claps
    Sherminator: claps
    Dabblez: Are there any civilian applications for your research?
    Jujuwalker: Metas are not to be considered civilians?
    Psikie: i am sure that if my research is sound... there could be many mundane uses for disposable creatin items
    Kithiria: mutters she means "Can I make even more money with my meta-water disaster"...
    Psikie: im not much on marketing... however creation furniture could be a byproduct
    Dabblez: nods
    Minage: ...portable benches, i like.
    Psikie: of course it would need to be some item that is expected to be disposable
    Badpacket: ~bombs?~
    Psikie: maybe for an impromtu picnic
    Psikie: perhaps creation "baits or lures" for recreational purposes
    Psikie: maybe creation perfumes for social events...
    Berael: blinks again
    Psikie: i had not thought about it before you asked, honestly
    Berael: umm Psikie...
    Berael: shakes her head
    Psikie: gives a wry smile
    Kithiria: Creation clothing, like in that ancient Earth myth *smiles*
    Psikie: exactly
    Minage: sure beats doing laundry, sounds great to me
    Minage: thank you Psikie, excellent topic to research, let's hope it pans out
    Psikie: bows
    Mrrage: indeed

Minage: we've got a last-minute registrant
    Jujuwalker: imagines a wonderful world of disapearing notum bikinis....... hmmmm....... the deliciousness.....
    Minage: which will be our final presentation for the symposium
    Minage: a Ms. Idaschuller
    Trgeorge: considers fact that most bikinis are worn by troxes...
    Minage: cringes a little
    Idaschuller: Hello everyone
    Texiel: waves
    Idaschuller: Oh gosh, when I signed up I though we just had to to a bit about what being a scientist is about, sort of like a career day thing. Oh well.
    Idaschuller: I'm Ida Sculler. I'm a nanotechnician and I work for Omni-Tek. Although I do more research than fieldwork. I see a lot of dedicated people utilizing our latest research, and that makes me proud.
    Idaschuller: I am assisting the most notable of technicians in their research at the HQ labs. We've got stuff there that would blow your mind. Literally.Anyway. I talk too much
    Eeod: smiles
    Urbus: makes some notes
    Idaschuller: Nanotechnology is just the greatest thing in the entire universe. I'm so glad to be here and to take part in all the discoveries which are being made here.
    Idaschuller: I mean you can forget about the traditional theories about the origin of the universe, cause we've just discovered... Ah... I'm shooting my mouth off again aren't I? I've said too much. I really have.
    Idaschuller: Oh, we're working on some fabulous stuff. I've had the pleasure of seeing it myself. Professor Maitland did this amazing T-Dim experiment a while ago, and actually burned a hole in space. I was so impressed!
    Idaschuller: Anyways, I digress. We have a lot of really good projects going, which will really help out the general public once we've made it safe to use.
    Idaschuller: use. We even have Eva Pourais come by one of the clone lab...Well, I guess I shouldn't brag about it too much. We're far from done with our research in most departments. We're on the bleeding edge, you know.
    Idaschuller: Omni-Tek represents the very forefront of nanotech research. And you can debate the conflict with the clans all you like, but the fact of the matter is that research and technology here is greatly boosted by it. Omni-Prime is granting more money to nanotech research now than ever before.
    Desmo1981: mumbles more ot propaganda
    Idaschuller: So, yay for us! And thank you for listening!
    Sherminator: Claps
    Eeod: yay!
    Kithiria: claps
    Mrrage: politely claps
    Desertpower: yawns
    Idaschuller: oh.. yes questions?
    Urbus: claps
    Trgeorge: err...so what do you actually research?
    Psikie: raises hand
    Trgeorge: or what is your presentation about?
    Idaschuller: Mostly I assist Professor Maitland
    Idaschuller: Well okay then. Thank you all.
    Urbus: raises hand
    Idaschuller: Yes?
    Minage: i believe Psikie had a question as well
    Psikie: yes...
    Idaschuller: Okay
    Psikie: you said omni-prime is granting money to research, how does this apply to non OT employees?
    Idaschuller: I... I don't know. I guess you could become employees?
    Psikie: gives a wry smile
    Minage: and Urbus
    Idaschuller: Mr Urbus?
    Urbus: I believe your team is moving the same path as I do. Remember Underverse and Superverse I mentioned above?
    Idaschuller: Yes I did
    Urbus: Should we team up?
    Idaschuller: I'd have to ask the professor
    Idaschuller: Anyway, you can always find me in Omni Trade
    Idaschuller: Just look around, I'll be there
    Minage: that was downright motivational
    Astera: to who?
    Astera: winks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast