Minage: and of course, that wasn't actually the last presentation.
Minage: well, we all benefit from research, just a matter of it spreading.
Jujuwalker: faceplants.
Minage: finally, and really finally this time, we have Berael
Berael: ahh mew
Jujuwalker: cheers for the mew!
Minage: all yours
Berael: My recent research was concerning my rediscovery of a xan theory concerning the nature of notum
Badpacket: glances at Ida
Berael: While in the realm of penumbra, retreating from some unfriendly advances of the hiisi
Nuser: carefully listen
Berael: I happened upon 4 volumes of a thesis written by Unukh Mar detailing the nature of notum and some applications of notum's ability to exist as a single entity in many times simitaniously
Berael: After some more exploration of the area and... not so willing assistance of the local populations I discovered a Harmonic Circlet
Berael: which in its use allows its user to subtle move forward in time to evade strikes
Berael: Upon further consultation of the four volumes, it would seem to suggest that notum is not something that can be 'used up' in the conventional sense, and in fact continues to exist in any place it has ever existed
Trgeorge: start to glance toward Nuser....nerviusly
Minage: braces for impact
Berael: This of course seems slightly counter intuitive
Nuser: mumbles to herself while tapping something on her datapad
Bruntos: yawns and takes a sip form his can
Berael: seeing as we can clearly observe that notum that is removed from where it has been placed, does not appear to continue to exist.
Berael: but it would seem that human perception and physiology doesn't quite sync up with this property of notum
Jcorion: surveys the room with a little more vigilance
Berael: After some further experimentation with the harmonic circlets I beleive that I have found an a strange implication for nanomages
Berael: Since notum has a resonance component and clearly relates to human physiology on some level, it may be possible that nanomages have a latent ability to see into the past or future
Berael: specificaly relating to the places where the notum that is a part of their physical make up has been prior (or after) to it ibeing a part of their body
Berael: I will probably have more conclusive data when i make a trip to the Source control facility in Pandemonium
Berael: any questions?
Badpacket: Yes
Kithiria: raises her hand
Berael: yes badpacket?
Badpacket: As far as I know, you cannot see into the past like that. Although moving in time forward is possible, relaying that information back to the present isn't.
Badpacket: How is that possible?
Berael: Notum can be considered to exist outside of time, and has a ressonance property that facilitates a response to human breed's cognitive strucutres
Jujuwalker: mumbles soemthing about notum mushrooms.
Badpacket: I see. Do you think it could be used to relay information on a larget time-scale?
Badpacket: larger I mean
Sherminator: reminds Jujuwalker that smoking notum mushrooms is very improper
Berael: I can't be sure off hand, my initial notes would suggest that such a communication would be limited to the notum in the body of the nanomage
Berael: and where it has been, is, and will be
Badpacket: snaps his fingers
Badpacket: Alright, thank you.
Berael: any other questions?
Minage: Kithiria had a question as well, i think?
Badpacket: mumbles something about nanomages
Kithiria: Yes, I did
Psikie: raises hand
Badpacket: Unfortunatly, I have to go. Farewell everybody
Kithiria: You said that nanomages might have some latent talents
Berael: nods
Kithiria: Is that just a guess, based on their affinity for notum, or have you seen any actual signs of those talents?
Berael: I have at times. Some nanomages i've spoken with about this, in my organization and else where have reported visions and voices of a langauge that relates to the Xan, or of places they haven't been. Upon some consideration and neural imaging those visions are not the same as those brought on by advanced psychotic disorders
Nuser: scratches the leet
Berael: additionaly
Titanmage: purrs
Berael: Similar voices sometimes reported by users of notum enriched symbiants found in the shadowlands. Though this is much more rare
Kithiria: Interesting... That would explain a lot...
Minage: and Psikie, you had a question as well?
Psikie: yes...
Psikie: do you theorize it may be possible to measure the fluctuations with a modified quantum tool somehow?
Berael: No... mostly because quantum tools are used to alter latent quanta, rather than measure it
Urbus: mumbles: "Yes... It may explain some things, but..."
Berael: Though to more seriously answer that sort of question I would need to do some more examination of exactly how notum is bonded into the nanomage physiology.
Berael: to my knowledge only Omni-Tech knows for sure.
Berael: and they arn't talking
Berael: Any other questions?
Minage: I think that was the last
Berael: well thank you all for your time.
Astera: claps
Jujuwalker: cheers for nootie science
Minage: applauds
Dabblez: claps
Jcorion: applauds
Kithiria: applauds
Reaperxi: claps
Psikie: claps
Nuser: claps
Urbus: claps
Myreyliib: applauds
Sherminator: claps
Desertpower: claps
Desmo1981: claps
Minage: Excellent work
Texiel: claps
Minage: thank you, Berael
Berael: welcome, mew
Titanmage: snuggles up close to Nuser
Minage: ...and that wraps it up for the 4th Annual Science Symposium!
Astera: applauds
Minage: i'm sure all our minds are blown, in one way or another
Jujuwalker: yaaay
Eeod: woot!
Minage: thanks to you all for sticking it out
Astera: especially that Adonis idea.
Desmo1981: just hates to think about the ado idea
Dabblez: See you all November next year!
Minage: and special thanks to Juju, Urbus, Dabblez, Psikie, Ida, and Berael for presenting