Thread: Two accounts

Two accounts

I pay for two accounts, every month, one is my'n one belongs to my wife. support and FC most definatley know I "hold" two as I did ask for a transfer of one character to the second account explaing that they were both my'n and I wasn't trying to sell a character(didn't get a transfer, but never mind)

why ?
    The arguments we where having about who was logging in AO for the evening were worth solving with a second account. ;p

Ok, now as Cz has said two accounts means two boosterpacks

*sigh*
    so instead of paying a one-off payment to "enjoy" the expansion, I have to make a two-off payment.

Got to say, when it's gonna cost me personaly twice as much to have it, it's a lot less tempting, (there's no way just one of us could could have it, back to square one again)

I'll think about it, personaly I don't think I can avoid it, the game has me, too many freinds..ingame....too much time invested in characters...blah...blah ...dammed

peace
    cal
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Sounds familiar

We have that very same problem. I sincerely hope that Funcom makes it possible to just buy the key.

So far I have bought the game (version 12.0) and the special edition (14.0).

In a grey past when we just bought the game, we both had a charater running about, which resulted in me nagging to my girlfriend to get her butt away from th ePC, because I wanted to play.

When PC no.2 showed up, I simply installed the software from the CD I bought and registered on the site, obtaining a second key.

I understand that they put in a CD with the original client in the same box with the booster, since a lot of games do not and use very small print to point out you need the original game to play the useless box they bought. This results in a lot of complaints, so this is a good choice.

What I don't want to happen is having to buy two boosterpacks, when I can perfectly well manage with one CD. After all, Idon't have to install it on 2 PC's at once. I can do one and then the other. I also do not need two extra clients. I can settle for one more, provided it has a later version than 14.0 on it, but two is too much. I would be stuck with 4 client CD's, 2 active accounts, 2 activated booster accounts and 2 dorment normal accounts. That is rather overdone if you ask me.

So Funcom (in these forums represented by Cz and Cosmik) please tell me there will be possibility for those owning multiple accounts, because of the fact that they are NOT single and have a partner who enjoys the game as well at the same time the other is playing (like this lil General and his Prez girlfriend), to actually just use the creditcard and buy a single booster key from the site.

It should be possible to do this in my opinion:

1) Buy the boosterpack and get an updated client CD in case of a PC crash or something and a key for the booster itself.
    2) Go to the website and buy another key for the boosterpack, after having activated the first boosterkey on that particular account. *edit* I mean at this point the involved creditcard, not account, as the accounts are different, silly me.. *edit*

Look at point 2 in specifics. Using that method, which is nothing more than a simple database check, you will be making sure that noone is going to just spread around the CD, thus having Funcom loose money over this. Make the key available at a lower price though, as I do not intend to pay for not receiving the installation disks. Make it $10 for all I care, just take off the cost for producing the entire package. But do a check on the existance of an activated key for the booster. That way someone owning multiple accounts which are payed for by one single creditcard can have more keys without needing the entire package.

As it now stands, I think a lot of people in other threads have a valid point to complain about htis. Having to pay again for a client and the booster itself, sometimes even more than once like us couples playing together, is not of good manner. As I've said, I'll buy one and get another key, but why the need to get yet another full package? It makes no sense to me.

I really hope that either Cz or Cosmik will at a point tell in these forums that my idea becomes reality, because even though in the end I probably will buy the booster twice if need be, I really would be disappointed to have to buy it twice. If I persuaded anyone to go and play the game, I would have them buy the full deck themselves, not give them half the game I had left somewhere in the house.
    Last edited by Pinkoid; Aug 23rd, 2002 at 16:33:30.
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-05-10 06:47:01
    It will remain playable until : 2004-09-20 08:20:45

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

I pay for 3 accounts. Looks like I'm getting rid of 2. In the long run FC will lose money on me at least. Its already unappetizing enough not to get the 'booster pack'.

3 accounts here too.

While I don't foresee me getting rid of any of the accounts soon, I have some serious doubts that I will buy 3 booster packs for them. I use two accounts personally so I can get a diverse mix of characters. I have a 3rd account for my nephew to use when he's over. One is being used occassionally by my nephew. I split time between the other two accounts.

12.95 (or whatever it is ) per month per account. Then $19.95 per account to get all 3 upgraded with the booster. I figure FC needs the money, but I'm not overly thrilled with this notion either. That's why most likely I will only upgrade one account if that.