Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to kill an MP By: Overequipper from the abyss

I've yet to find a find a way myself. I'm only a 130 doc so I have a long way to go though, I'll get there!

Here's my

Mdots are still horribly weak in pvp.
    I think everyone saw our amazing DD's up above
    We have no roots.
    "Oh bet Nec! you can heal!"
    Bingo - Domnite and other biomet debuffs destroy us there.
    I'm eager to hear from a Doc who has found a good way to take out MP's and traders in PvP.

I can chain heal lower level heals, but they just don't cut it.

Fill me in high level docs. How do you deal with MP's and traders?

btw <my $00.02> - I think everyone likes to scream that pvp is unbalanced and that there's one class that's SO much better..blah blah blah. From what I can tell, PVP works WONDERS if you do it in groups. (I don't mean gangbang the poor solo level 75 you find in a mayhem zone). But the more I look at it, the more I see classes complementing each other. I'm not going to post all my thoughts on it, but go ahead and view it for yourself. See how a fixers roots and speed help out the enfo, etc ,etc. Unfortunatly PvP titles don't work for groups, and I can understand why. Perhaps a title increase if a grouped team pvp's another grouped team as opposed to solo's? </my $00.02>

Re: How to kill an MP By: Overequipper from the abyss

Originally posted by Agentofdeath
    Hello this is the overequipper bringing your the article:
    "How to kill a meta"
    Aww...nice theory...too bad it stinks after 100th. No offense toward a fellow Agent, but do you have to be so arrogant? You are the type of Agent that makes the majority of us look bad.

Firstly, there is no way a post 100th Agent can kill a Meta healer pet before both the Meta and Attack pet rip you to shreds.

Originally posted by Spookymonster
    - Just curious; where is your FPed healing pet while all this is happening?

Someone missed the point, you can't root and use a Meta pet, unless you have been FP: MP for 30 minutes and it just wore off.

Originally posted by Coarlk
    See, every time I see an Agent in PvP I put on a big smile since I know it'll just get me closer to my next title.

Exactly...Agent is at the bottom of the PvP heap right now.

On the subject of Docs in PvP. Funny I have not beaten 1 near or above my level (before or after the PvP changes). If I caught one offguard, sure I might kill him/her before they realize what's going on. But if a Doc comes to PvP...he'll be able to waste pretty much any profession. Doc DoTs stack, Doc DoTs do ALOT of damage...and that puny little First-Degree Burns...my that casts SO fast its silly. Alot of Docs 100th or over can easily heal 5X their own hp (rough guess).

I posted this example in another forum (can't remember where right now):

I fought a level 125 Doc the other day in 2H0. (I'm currently 118).

I did about 7300 damage. (weapon damage only..was FP: MA)
    They did about 2700 damage (with just shotgun..no DD or DoTs).

Guess who won? Easy the Doc.

Another example: Me (at 115) vs an 88 Meta...I got her to 3/4 life...once...then died.

Originally posted by Coarlk
    send out our combat pet and zoom up and high, watching you run franticly around the city, looking for this darn MP while pressing your hot button for aimed shot millions of times and still getting that rotten little message: "No line of sight"

Coarlk meant standing behind a building and zooming his VIEW up...not himself. Otherwise you would not get "No line of sight" you would get "Target not in range".

-Fed

Re: Re: How to kill an MP By: Overequipper from the abyss

Originally posted by Federot

Aww...nice theory...too bad it stinks after 100th. No offense toward a fellow Agent, but do you have to be so arrogant? You are the type of Agent that makes the majority of us look bad.

Firstly, there is no way a post 100th Agent can kill a Meta healer pet before both the Meta and Attack pet rip you to shreds.

Someone missed the point, you can't root and use a Meta pet, unless you have been FP: MP for 30 minutes and it just wore off.

[/B]

On the subject of Docs in PvP. Funny I have not beaten 1 near or above my level (before or after the PvP changes). If I caught one offguard, sure I might kill him/her before they realize what's going on. But if a Doc comes to PvP...he'll be able to waste pretty much any profession. Doc DoTs stack, Doc DoTs do ALOT of damage...and that puny little First-Degree Burns...my that casts SO fast its silly. Alot of Docs 100th or over can easily heal 5X their own hp (rough guess).

Another example: Me (at 115) vs an 88 Meta...I got her to 3/4 life...once...then died.

[/B]

Coarlk meant standing behind a building and zooming his VIEW up...not himself. Otherwise you would not get "No line of sight" you would get "Target not in range".

-Fed [/B]
    Thanks Fed..... Coming from a Fellow agent I'm glad to see one with sense on these boards.... Funny how it only takes one idiot to make us all look bad.... Agents only get weaker after Lvl80.... each level we lose one step to every other proffesion.... and eventually we get to be a bottom feeder in the PvP pool.....

I also love how someone started out bragging in this thread about how they will target the Meta Pet... the Attack Pet... and then Meta..... Big problem there.... by the time you kill the attack pet the meta will either have another Heal Pet or have run.... And Why is someone such an idiot they they claim they will aimed shot the meta down to less than half his health..... DAMAGE IS CAPPED AT 40%... I have witnessed the cap.... my usual Aimed Shots of 1200 (yeah I get higher, but I just assumed the lowest) hit someone for 575.... I added up the damage and that was 40% of his health.... so think before you act like some unstoppable force that you aren't... And for the guy who yelled about casting FP: trader... what is that going to do??? so you ransack and deprive your Meta opponent... just to pull off one of those takes about 1 to 2 minutes of game time.... by then that meta attack pet will have already made you look like a girl.... and you probably will have been hit enough that it breaks your spell or you will cry when the MP resists it.... WHAT A JOKE....

Agents are good at low levels thanks to equipping higher end wrangles.... later on you can feel the pain of many of us higher level agents....

And if you are FP anything.. then you WILL not be casting any nanos in battle, especially in a 1-on-1 fight unless they enemy is AFK and doesn't have his Character set to Full Aggro......

Re: Re: How to kill an MP By: Overequipper from the abyss

Originally posted by Federot

That was me btw, I remember because you ran at first and I had figured you warped out since I was lagging.

I spent the whole time chainhealing your damage. I was always 1 more crit away from death, you were most likely using a ranee or lovemaker since you were critting me for WELL over 1kish. I had vs running also which I dont' think I'd have won if I hadn't had running.

If you had been a meta I would not have been able to heal due to debuffs, your pet would most likely have kept you on par with my hits, and you'd have won. That fight could have gone either way with 1 lucky crit.

MP's and Traders are the bane of Docs in pvp. And I don't know who's telling you our dots are great. You most likely just looked at wrack and ruin in the nano database and thought it was the greatest thing since Vektors. They take a lot of nano to cast, and the only good ones are VERY high up. Only a few docs I know that can cast them at this time (me not even CLOSE to being one of them). Either that or some high level doc got you with one while zoning.

And my best heal is rather outdated, and can only heal 1016 max, and I think 550 min (rather large spread). I start off with about 4200 hp, and immediatly start chain healing. Depending on who I'm fighting depends on what kind of stim I use. If it's going to be short critfest, then I use a health stim. If it's going to be a long drawn out healfest, I use a nano.

People assume we're uber, but I win my fights by choosing them carefully. I avoid MP's, Soldiers, and Traders like post patch FA's. Agents are always close fights. My highest success is against NT's (no offense, I know you all need more help then docs!!) but that's due to our debuff line. Traders are far from the bottom of the heap. I know you all have had your nerfs, but your far from helpless.

How could you take the MP down to half HP or less, when PvP damage is capped at 40%. Oh well...

My way to fight an MP is to root both attack pet and Heal pet, the MP will usually start running (since they are scared *****es- that's why they need pets to fight for them), root the MP and kill him in 3 fast nukes.

Snarf's way could be fun to try also

MPs have nasty Nano shutdown though, and unless Funcom makes nanores a bit more effective, I'm going to hit the road as soon as I see an MP a few levels above me.

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

This is a silly thread.

First off a lot of this depends on the level of the players. Different classes go through strong and weak times.

Second, it depends a lot on how the characters are developed and buffed.

And then it does depend on the class.

I have a level 50 ma. I killed a level 64 meta 2 times yesterday and the the second time the meta was training the guards on me so we had to do a bit of dancing before I killed him the second time.

I also killed a level 62 agent a few times, but then a level 64 agent, that was very well built and well played killed me. I have lost to one enforcer and one ma, both better built characters than mine and both one or two levels lower than me.

Traders have the most inherant PVP potential up to about level 150. After that, a lot of other classes start to shine. Docs, NTs, Metas. Other classes shine too past 150 but these classes shine the brightest.

The MAs PVP curve starts to shallow out after 60 and won't pick up again much till after 150 either.

One thing about what you said Agentofdead that really makes you sound stupid is 1 shot takes them to 50% THATS A JOKE if you are blind enough to see that then get glasses or a bigger monitor. PvP Dmg has been reduced to (40%)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a shot.

about the MPs arent good till 150+ in PvP a lvl 125-130 MP can kill just about any class that heals or nukes with 1 nano so that kinda kills your theory. (NanoShutDown works wondering on those pathetic NTs (Mainly Snarf))
    Last edited by Metawood; Jan 14th, 2002 at 18:04:07.

I hit green MP heal pets for 1k+ each hit.
    not to mention brawl and a Dimach.

dont be stupid
    they dont die they just heal themselves.

and your not uber

what about

what about combat metas?
    Alot of metas are using vectors that could do a fair share of dmg against weak ass agents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12