Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to kill an MP By: Overequipper from the abyss

How to kill an MP By: Overequipper from the abyss

Hello this is the overequipper bringing your the article:
    "How to kill a meta"

Metas have 3 fights you must go through to get to them. Thier heal pet.. thier fight pet.. and THEM/thier nukes. The mez pet im sure wont do much for PvP though I haven't seen it.

This is how you kill an MP. First.. dont waste your aimed shot on the MP.. his heal pet will heal up the damage. Start combat at his heal pet. Take it out real fast before he can unbalance the fight with it. Most MPs will do 1 of 2 things... send his fight pet after you.. or run. The fight pet comes.. again... reserve your aimed shot. Now heres were the problem comes in. MP fight pets are known for killing... thier damage is high. So root the pet.. make sure the pet is rooted and your out of range of it. Then.. go in for the big blow.. target the MP before he can run, and aimed shot him. If our life me (uber) you'll take him to half life or maybe even less. His pet will break the root now... reset the root on the pet. He will run. You root him too , but I suggesst let him run till your a good distance from the pet. Then root him and do away with his remaining HPs.

All other proffesions than Agent who cant root or cant do as much damage will have problems dealing with the fight pet. But agents own MPs if they know what they're doing.

Thank you for reporting that post. It will be dealt with as appropriate in due course.
    Agentofdeath has now been successfully added to your ignore list. You will now be returned to where you were.

Just a couple things to say on this:

- Thanks for the post, Agent! Maybe now people will see that we aren't uber. Hell, I'd bump it for that reason alone!

- This strategy has been posted on the boards for several weeks now. In fact, I posted something similar last week. Did you think this was anything new?

- Just curious; where is your FPed healing pet while all this is happening?

- Hmmm... an agent FPing as an MP can beat an MP of the same level, even though the MP is using his 'uber' mastery nanos to summon superior pets. That doesn't sound too unbalanced!
    Former Omni Prime Minister, The Hand of Chronos- aohoc.tripod.com

Heh, nice post, Agent, too bad it's only theoretical and doesn't work in the field.

See, every time I see an Agent in PvP I put on a big smile since I know it'll just get me closer to my next title.

- After you've taken out the healer there's another option except for sending the combat pet or running: Summoning another healer (which happens a lot faster before you can kill the MP)

- You can root the combat pet but sometimes human errors mess up that root, like, say, if you didn't press the "Q" button fast enough you'll hit the pet again and... Viola! It has risen from the dead.

- Say your root did work on the pet and you didn't mess up, the MP still has powerful nukes which will do just fine until the root fades away plus we can't forget our friend the healer.

- If the MP starts the combat you have absolutly no chance of survival. Why? Because, say, in Meetmedere we can target you from behind a building, send out our combat pet and zoom up and high, watching you run franticly around the city, looking for this darn MP while pressing your hot button for aimed shot millions of times and still getting that rotten little message: "No line of sight". If you think you can just root the pet we can just do the same little trick written above: come out of our hiding place and throw a nuke or two until the pet awakes.

So, in the end, us MP's come out on top, one point closer to our next title.

Originally posted by Coarlk
    Heh, nice post, Agent, too bad it's only theoretical and doesn't work in the field.

See, every time I see an Agent in PvP I put on a big smile since I know it'll just get me closer to my next title.

- After you've taken out the healer there's another option except for sending the combat pet or running: Summoning another healer (which happens a lot faster before you can kill the MP)

- You can root the combat pet but sometimes human errors mess up that root, like, say, if you didn't press the "Q" button fast enough you'll hit the pet again and... Viola! It has risen from the dead.

- Say your root did work on the pet and you didn't mess up, the MP still has powerful nukes which will do just fine until the root fades away plus we can't forget our friend the healer.

- If the MP starts the combat you have absolutly no chance of survival. Why? Because, say, in Meetmedere we can target you from behind a building, send out our combat pet and zoom up and high, watching you run franticly around the city, looking for this darn MP while pressing your hot button for aimed shot millions of times and still getting that rotten little message: "No line of sight". If you think you can just root the pet we can just do the same little trick written above: come out of our hiding place and throw a nuke or two until the pet awakes.

There is yet another option for the smart MP as well... Had this done to me and it worked well.

MP goes into the fight with Agent with heal pet set to heal itself. Agent (me) then wastes his AS since pet regens quickly. When stupid Agent (me) realizes what has happend and he has not killed healing pet he is already half dead from nukes and Melee pet before rooting everything and running like hell.. ;P

Of course I probably just dont know how to play my Agent effectively as he suggests when starting this drival. LOL

PvP even after the balancing is still based on strategy somewhat, there will always be that player that has seen and adapted to certain strategys and if you use one you will pay for it. I actually like not having a clue who will win or what type of tactic will be used by the creative player I face next in PvP.. Thats part of the fun!

Just my two credits...
    Othgar
    Omni-Tek Master Assassin
    Skitch
    Omni-Tek NT (Testlive)

Coarik,

Healer summonings are quick? Powerful DD nanos? Zooming up out of harms way while our pet attacks?

Are we playing the same profession?

Healer pets are the slowest summons.
    We have the (edit)next-to-weakest(/edit) DD nanos in the game.
    You can't command pets while you fly, so your scenario would require me to sic my pet on the target and then cast a 30-second QW forumula. That's 30 seconds of helplessness, especially if you've had time to root my melee pet.

Am I missing something?
    Last edited by Spookymonster; Dec 20th, 2001 at 14:54:36.

$5 dollars says that Cosmik doesn't lock this thread.

By the way, the person-reporter doesn't work. It just happens to work on every other vBulletin board, but not on this one.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

I was thinking the same thing spook.

Casting healers is incredibly slow if you don't have full aggro. If you do have full aggro then you'll die to crits alone. Also keep in mind there's a good 5 second delay before you can cast your pet (if it dies) where it says "You cannot run this program" or whatever.

Nukes are still capped at 40% dmg I think making them hardly worth the nano it costs.

I'm not sure if the patch fixed this, but our dmg isn't quite what it should be since we can't cast our Animas in PvP zones.

As for sending your pet while hiding behind a building. This is probably the dumbest idea. Any player can easily destroy our orange pets (after the 80-100 gap I doubt anyone gets a red pet). What makes an MP work is everything working together. Besides an easy root would take the melee pet out of the picture and he could come looking behind the building in which case you would have 0 form of attack.

Originally posted by Coarlk

The roots will stick alright. Ohh... You wanna come meet me in 2ho if you think ur all uber? I'll bring my lvl 60 agent .. hope you dont mind being hammered by a QL 150 Disafiliation sniper rifle.

You'll be dead before you have the time to recast the pet... and re-command it to heal you.

If worse comes to worse I'll just kill the heal pet and let the 'uber damage pet' hammer on me Those things are weak when facing my full omni elite and senpai coated opifex body. Not to metnion shoulder pads.

Even if I didnt want to take out the heal pet. I can shoot faster and more damage than the heal pet can heal for.

BTW.. The next time you get that lil smile on your face.. you can meet me in 2ho when im lvl 80.. i'll be the one that'll own you with a QL 200 Stigma

The pet attack and then get in yalmaha to fly around city is an exploit. If you do it i'll just petition and you'll get a first offense on your player history by Funcom.

high dmg nukes? ROFL!!! With my Nano resist up to 200... I dont know what you call uber

Ohhhh I almost forgot the fact.. I can FP: Trader and do a -76 to your nano skills!! oh joy! I wonder what nukes or heal pets you can use once thats casted!!!!

Nice to see people that can destroy the 'overpowered' class, but such arrogance is flat out annoying.

Btw I'm not too sure -76 is enough to render our pets imobile.

You might get 1 ransack off before we get our nanoshutdown off (That is when you get to higher levels).

Well actually...

Originally posted by Spookymonster
    We have the weakest DD nanos in the game.
    Actually... no MPs don't have the weakest - Doctors have the weakest DD nanos
    "I'm going to kill you." "You're going to kill us?" "No, no I'm not, I'm just kidding."

The roots will stick alright. Ohh... You wanna come meet me in 2ho if you think ur all uber? I'll bring my lvl 60 agent .. hope you dont mind being hammered by a QL 150 Disafiliation sniper rifle.
    hehe your the reason they are working on anti-overequiping code.

What will you do then? quit or reroll i would bet. You dont sound like the kind of player that plays the class he likes, you sound like the kind of player that plays the class that is best! Guess what, in 10 levels when you get your 200 weapon on that is your peak, you will slowly get weaker and weaker as your enemy gets more hp, better nano's armor and weapons.

But you probably wont ding past 75 anyway

as for meta pets, as an enforcer I can say

1) if they have no demon I kill the healer then kill the meta.

2) if they have a demon I run for the hills, as that is a fight I wont win.

Attack pets dont do THAT much damage to enforcers unless they are WAY higher level than you. I can take my beatings, metas cant take my hammer
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Re: Well actually...

Originally posted by Kikmaidog

Actually... no MPs don't have the weakest - Doctors have the weakest DD nanos
    I didn't realize docs had DDs - I thought they only had DoTs (damage over time).

Can anyone tell me which of us is mistaken?

Theres a period of about 15 seconds after a pet is killed before you can summon another. Also, summoning a heal pet takes over 6-7 seconds.
    Plenty of time for any profession to do a whole lot of damage.

You can root the combat pet but sometimes human errors mess up that root, like, say, if you didn't press the "Q" button fast enough you'll hit the pet again and... Viola! It has risen from the dead.
    The auto-attack on cast was a bug.
    It no longer happens.

Say your root did work on the pet and you didn't mess up, the MP still has powerful nukes which will do just fine until the root fades away plus we can't forget our friend the healer.
    I have never in 102 levels seen my pet resist a root.
    Even a low level root lasts around one minute...
    A lot longer than most one on one PvP encounters.

Powerful Nukes?
    Oh please... do you even play a meta?

If the MP starts the combat you have absolutly no chance of survival. Why? Because, say, in Meetmedere we can target you from behind a building, send out our combat pet and zoom up and high, watching you run franticly around the city, looking for this darn MP while pressing your hot button for aimed shot millions of times and still getting that rotten little message: "No line of sight". If you think you can just root the pet we can just do the same little trick written above: come out of our hiding place and throw a nuke or two until the pet awakes.
    Do you think any smart PvP player is going to wander into a 25% zone without first surveying their surroundings?
    If you're sitting in a 25% zone waiting to ambush, a smart player can zoom out, find you and use the 15 second grace to find you, root both pets and run out of your nuke range.

The pet attack and then get in yalmaha to fly around city is an exploit. If you do it i'll just petition and you'll get a first offense on your player history by Funcom.
    Pets will not respond to commands when the owner is flting.
    This was fixed ages ago.
    I'm not sure if it works for Yalmahas but when using QW, pets will not respond.

-------------------------------------

There's a whole lot of good and bad info in this thread.
    Metas are strong in PvP but not invincible.

Any profession that can root has a distinct advantage over a meta.

I didn't realize docs had DDs - I thought they only had DoTs (damage over time).

Meta nukes are only slightly better than doctor nukes.

Thanks for the info, Miir.

My appologies, 'dog. I'll modify my post immediately.

Heres some info now that I have some time:

Shatter Bone
    Inflicts 64-137 points of melee-based damage

BM 191
    MC 167

Mind Scream
    Inflicts 78-146 points of energy-based damage

MC183
    PM 159

Gouge Flesh
    Inflicts 142-289 points of melee-based damage

BM 344
    MC 300

Frigid Blast
    Hits the target with a blast of intense cold that inflicts 160-288 points of cold-based damage.

MC 304
    PM 267

First-Degree Burns
    Burns the target for 288-560 points of damage.

BM 550
    MC 498

Chill Spear
    Impales the target with a bolt of frost that inflicts 314-699 points of cold-based damage

MC 556
    PM 503

Re: Re: Well actually...

EDIT:
    ------------------------------------------------
    I didn't really read your post properly first Miir. Sorry.... just realised you went through all this below.

It's a good comparison you've provided - but you've forgotten 2 important things:

1. Docs have light blue mat.crea vs. MPs green matcrea. And most docs aren't nanomage cause you just can't survive with the hellish aggro - so light blue intelligence too (most of the time)..

but more important -

2. Docs can only use the +20 expertise buffs. That means you can't compare MC vs. MC ... you have to compare MC vs. MC + 25/50/90/120 - depending which one you're looking at...

...and that's I guess why my nukes seem so far behind MPs at lv96. If I'm standing in amongst MPs I usually see 4-500dmg (if they land) but my docs ones just keep doing min. dmg at this level... 142 like I said below though.... ah well - i would only use these anyway if i was (stupidly) trying to solo a mission - cause why would i ever want to try and up my healing aggro more by *damaging* a mob... heh
    ------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Spookymonster

Umm.. I'm a level 96 doc Spooks I can tell you for sure we have DDs. My current one is "Gouge Flesh" - next will be "First Degree Burns"... and as for metas nukes being only slightly better - check out the poor damage i do (btw I team with Metas all the time - and they do roughly I'd say 5x my dmg with a nuke)...

Name Gouge Flesh
    Desc Inflicts 142-289 points of melee-based damage.
    QL/NCU Cost 22
    Icon
    NanoCost 86
    Range 25m
    Attack Delay 2.99s
    Recharge Delay 1.19s
    DefSkills NanoAC 75
    AtkSkills MaterialCreation 47
    AtkSkills BiologicalMetamorphose 53
    To Use BiologicalMetamorphose 344
    To Use MaterialCreation 300
    To Use VisualProfession Doctor
    Default Hit Health by -142 to -289 On Target

I've had the above since about level 65... it only ever hits for min dmg - so it's 142dmg/hit *every* time.. and the next one I could get is much nicer - but with 498 matcrea required - i won't have it till about lv115 -

Name First-Degree Burns
    Desc Burns the target for 288-560 points of damage.
    QL/NCU Cost 36
    Icon
    NanoCost 138
    Range 25m
    Attack Delay 3.22s
    Recharge Delay 1.3s
    DefSkills NanoAC 75
    AtkSkills MaterialCreation 48
    AtkSkills BiologicalMetamorphose 52
    To Use BiologicalMetamorphose 550
    To Use MaterialCreation 498
    To Use VisualProfession Doctor
    Default Hit Health by -288 to -560 On Target

At lv115 most MPs should be using something like....

Name Mind Banshee
    Desc Inflicts 484-946 points of energy-based damage. It also lowers all nano skills of the target by 65 points for a few seconds.
    QL/NCU Cost 45
    Icon
    NanoCost 284
    Range 20m
    Time 15s
    Attack Delay 3.89s
    Recharge Delay 1.68s
    AtkSkills MaterialCreation 53
    AtkSkills PsychologicalModification 47
    DefSkills NanoAC 100
    To Use MaterialCreation 694
    To Use PsychologicalModification 622
    To Use VisualProfession Meta-Physicist
    Default Hit Health by -484 to -946 On Target
    Default CastNano Mind Banshee On Target

?? or.... at least -

Name Chill Spear
    Desc Impales the target with a bolt of frost that inflicts 314-699 points of cold-based damage.
    QL/NCU Cost 36
    Icon
    NanoCost 196
    Range 20m
    Attack Delay 3.73s
    Recharge Delay 1.6s
    DefSkills NanoAC 85
    AtkSkills MaterialCreation 53
    AtkSkills PsychologicalModification 47
    To Use MaterialCreation 556
    To Use PsychologicalModification 503
    To Use VisualProfession Meta-Physicist
    Default Hit Health by -314 to -699 On Target

Anyway... hmm.. not really much point to this - I have an MP and a doc - and my MP nukes are much better than my docs ever have been.. but who cares? my doc is a healer
    Last edited by Kikdabucket; Dec 20th, 2001 at 16:57:05.
    "I'm going to kill you." "You're going to kill us?" "No, no I'm not, I'm just kidding."

Nobody is arguing that doctors nukes don't suck.
    I compared nukes with similar requirements. My comparison showed that they have similar damage.

I fail to see the point of your post.

1. Docs have light blue mat.crea vs. MPs green matcrea. And most docs aren't nanomage cause you just can't survive with the hellish aggro - so light blue intelligence too (most of the time)..
    I see just as many solitus docs as I see solitus metas.
    I regularly see atrox metas and I rarely see atrox docs.
    Nanomage make up a similar percentage of doctors and metas.

I play a Solitus meta on RK1 and a Opifex meta on Test.

What about the 75% nano resist on all doctor nukes?
    What about nano init being more important for doctors than metas?
    What about metas nukes requiring a light plue Psy Mod skill?
    What about the lower nano cost?

Borlak said: the MP still has powerful nukes

Miir said: Meta nukes are only slightly better than doctor nukes.

I dunno, but my favorite way to take out an MP is to root attack pet, target heal pet, brawl it, smack it, then AE all three till they're dead.

It's quite effective.

Snarf
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast