Thread: Journal Entry: Standing For What We Believe In

Journal Entry: Standing For What We Believe In

The voice of First Lieutenant Thomas "Hollowpoint" Harking, Omni-Trans Security Forces

Computer, begin recording.

It’s the 20th of October, 29480 and … roughly 04:00. Things appear to finally be settling down a bit now.

*Sounds of an Omni-Armed Forces Utility Belt being removed and dropped onto a table*

We’ve been up here for roughly four days now, we have our base camp up and running; we have the communications relay in place to let us radio back to Rubi-Ka, the field hospital is back to operating at 87% efficiency now that we repaired the depot the Chimeras damaged and restocked it with the medical supplies Omni-Trans sent us…

You know, I’m really surprised Cylie helped us… considering the fact she has opted to side with that good for nothing Chief of hers over Mahoney… *sighs* But then again it may help to have a hand on the inside.

Oh that’s right, and we also finished sand bagging the perimeter of the camp. I really would have preferred notum-reinforced poured concrete or an electrical grid but one, we don’t have the resources to make that happen right now, and two, I don’t plan on being here too long. In about a week we’re slated to rendezvous with the Counter-Genesis Movement forces and continue the work Mahoney and Bravo were working on…

*picks up a small stack of papers off of a short table*

I still can’t believe there are Omega up here… and more surprisingly I can’t believe the Board of Directors isn’t doing anything about it. I wish I was there on Sunday, I wish I could have grabbed that bitch of a doctor and slapped her in the face until she listened…*takes a deep breath* but nevertheless she didn’t, none of them did from what I hear, and it’s that denial that’s forced me up here today.

The S.E.I.D. operated under the radar of Omni-Trans officials for quite some time. I don’t know if Mahoney or Kappel was the majority stakeholder in the idea, but it sure was a good one. So what if our investigations on the ancient technology hasn’t increased the transportation capacity of the Whom-pahs or improved the clock-cycle of the grid compilers, what we found was much more important. What we found could literally save the world and if we stuck around I’m positive the Chief would have shut us down…

*ten seconds of silence*

Enough daydreaming, yeah, what we found was big. Hell, it’s huge, but right now it’s further way then it was a week ago. By now we had forecasted that Omni-Armed Forces would be mobilizing a brigade to march onto the shadowland and purge it of the Omega. Instead I’m sitting here in a tent surrounded with former Omni-Trans pilots and maintenance workers who are getting a crash course in how to be a soldier … at least they’re motivated.

When Mahoney’s memo hit the desks in the HQ that place was just buzzing with energy. The formerly drafted employees who served in the S.E.I.D. on our expeditionary force knew that we were up against however those who were not were left feeling confused and scared. My security team and I went around and gather up all of the employees who knew they had an obligation to fight and told them to meet us in the cafeteria. There we paired up the newly recruited soldiers with members of the former expeditionary forces, this was because the expeditionary force members would know how to sneak the unauthorized employees through Jobe and into the Shadowland. After all the members were paired off the order was given…

*repeats to himself*

“Listen up, dissenting employees are to deploy A.S.A.P. and rendezvous in the Nascense Frontier at 20:00. Further orders will be given to you at that time. Gather your stuff and move out!”

*chuckles* I can be so dramatic when I need to be. After I had the majority of the men on the move I doubled back and began to ransack some of the rooms in the HQ. Notably I tore up Mahoney’s office and some of the storage closets he used to keep his belongings in. Good thing I did too, apparently he still had some of his material implicating Eva Pourais stored there, and if Reform saw that I don’t think we would ever see him again.

*rubs the back of his neck*

I need to get some shuteye … I have to be on patrol at 07:00…

Computer, stop recording.

[[Notes:]]
    [[Niklas Kappel: Former Chief of Rubi-Kan Operations for Omni-Trans. Currently serving a life sentence on an asteroid prison for high treason against the Corporation]]
    [[Ariane A.J. Baljian: Successor of Niklas Kappel and Sotto Mahoney’s former Boss]]
    [[Eva Purais: Department Leader for Omni-Reform]]
    [[Said “Doctor”: Rita Prestin: Department Leader of Omni-Med]]
    Last edited by Trousers; Oct 20th, 2006 at 10:53:48.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||