Thread: Retirement

Exclamation Retirement

Last month I passed leadership to my cousin, Jonathan "Windkeeper" Wagner. I shall remain in the clan as a Knight Grand Cross, however officially I'm retiring from active duty as of this month.

My father served the clans to the end of his days, his death was a sad outcome but he made many enemies over the years. I still miss him.

Since the moment I was one with the source reaching a state of enlightenment for a few seconds it expanded my mind to other things...more spiritual.

I was born and trained a warrior with little religious upbringing, but I feel I will meet the end of my life in religion and faith.

There is much to be done, to save the future....I must look to the past. I think I understand better now why Radiman went on pilgrimage, to seek answers.

I shall be around, but please do not expect me to be the same as I was.

May the light of the divine shine upon you all.

Sincerely

Kyle "Windguaerd" Wagner

[OOC]
    I've been playing my agent for 3 years as clan leader, and before that as his "father" for another 2....agent is a fun prof and a challenge but I want to do something different IC. Windkeeper is now my new main and I will be changing my forum name to that. I will play my agent just to farm axp and be the cash cow for my keeper. A new start with a new toon is always good to sharpen RP skills anyways, hehe.

I'd like to thank the many many roleplayers who interacted with me as Windguaerd and I'm looking forward to a new start as Windkeeper.
    [/OOC]
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

ooc:

Will the keeper be more laid back or more anal retentive than the agent~

lol
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

(I hope more laid back! :P Another Fellow Keeper clan leader and Knight.. maybe for once Wind and I might see more eye to eye Doubtful tho hehe j/k.. good luck and I look forward to RPing with you as a fresh new personality)

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    ooc:

Will the keeper be more laid back or more anal retentive than the agent~

lol
    Anal retentive? nah, Windguaerd was a strict military man, think Patton without the humor, or Picard (STNG) mixed with Sheridan (Babylon 5) without the romantic part and a little bit of Kirk (ST) without the casanova factor of course.

Windkeeper has minor similarities, but very small. You can check a very detailed bio here. You will see he does have a military background (like almost all Wagners) but he was not born on Rubi-Ka like the agents I've played.

He is not his cousin, but keep in mind he was prepared by Windguaerd for 3 months to take leadership...it is expected that he told him which people he felt were not trustworthy and who he could trust.

Heh...that doesn't make Xaun's attempts at friendship easy...but he is a Keeper and has a spiritual side different than Windguaerd's....he developed his faith based on the Knights of Avalon...while old Wind discovered his religious awakening when he reached enlightenment and took months to grow within him.

It will be fun, once I get everything in order.

Running guild (also webmaster of the site), doing AO Comic, working on AO Movie project (yeah, not a joke), AO Universe Site Manager, husband with wife aggro if I stay online too long, work and RL, etc.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

((It's nice to see when someone can switch roles.

Good luck with windkeeper. Keep up the great work on the comic and AO-Universe.

Don't leave out Noticiero in all of this. ))

ooc: Rp wise my character is an anti-clan neutral, but not pro-omni either, however I am friendly with all MP's, Keepers, Nt's, and Nanomage breed regardless of faction.

Perhaps there is hope for clans if they are led by a keeper........perhaps~
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Not to hijack, but why do you believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    ((It's nice to see when someone can switch roles.

Good luck with windkeeper. Keep up the great work on the comic and AO-Universe.

Don't leave out Noticiero in all of this. ))
    ((Thanks, it's become harder over the years to write stuff as Noticiero. Years ago it was easier to find a leader of a RP org, these days...we're a rare breed. So I switched from focusing on interviews and started doing investigative reports based on what I heard between roleplayers and also wrote some fictional stuff.

Mind you the fictional stuff was from NPC's or characters I created, or with the permission of the players themselves.

I use to churn out 4 articles a month, now 1-2 when I can. For years nobody knew I was Noticiero, until this year when I think I slipped a bit and people figured it out. Not bad huh? kept is secret for 2 whole years, heh.))

/ooc

Wind, I understand totally where you are comming from. Experiencing both Windy's you played from a member of the orginal MD clans it was always a hoot and hollar. While many of my characters that you knew never liked Windguaerd there was always that bit of respect that they still had for him. Good luck with the new character, maybe I will revise my old role and see how the new leader of the MD's handles a pesky arogant fixer.
    Offer a flower to your enemy..
    If he refuses it, offer a hand
    If he refuses it, offer a bullet
    If he refuses it, give it to him anyways...

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Isn't it just a relief when you wake up in the morning and find you didnt wet the bed?!

Beyond your perfection,
    beneath you and who you used to be
    awaits who I am.

Excess Radio! Bringing you tunage 25/7!

Quote Originally Posted by Windkeeper View Post
    ((Thanks, it's become harder over the years to write stuff as Noticiero. Years ago it was easier to find a leader of a RP org, these days...we're a rare breed. So I switched from focusing on interviews and started doing investigative reports based on what I heard between roleplayers and also wrote some fictional stuff.

Mind you the fictional stuff was from NPC's or characters I created, or with the permission of the players themselves.

I use to churn out 4 articles a month, now 1-2 when I can. For years nobody knew I was Noticiero, until this year when I think I slipped a bit and people figured it out. Not bad huh? kept is secret for 2 whole years, heh.))
    Either way, good luck to Windkeeper and best wishes to Windguaerd.

Goodluck with your new character =) I'm sure you'll do awesome.
    GorgeFodder3 - Deceased
    NotumFodder - New and improved with 80% more loyalty to Omni

Till All Are Free?

Quote Originally Posted by Windkeeper View Post
    ((I use to churn out 4 articles a month, now 1-2 when I can. For years nobody knew I was Noticiero, until this year when I think I slipped a bit and people figured it out. Not bad huh? kept is secret for 2 whole years, heh.))
    ((Haha. I was still clueless but thats over now ))

Good luck Windkeeper! You da man!
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

((Your Noticiero? :O That's a revelation...))
    GorgeFodder3 - Deceased

Till All Are Free?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorge View Post
    ((Your Noticiero? :O That's a revelation...))
    ((It was one of my best kept secrets. You guys have no idea what I do in the background, besides AOU, Noticiero, running my clan, creating/updating my AI Database, Voicepack...all the public stuff I do...I actually write, produce and direct events - NOT ARK - with the condition that my name or character is never mentioned.

Of course I did more events in the first 3 years of AO, the past 2 I got more stuff going on as you may have noticed, which limited my time to do them a great deal.

I enjoy doing things for the community, that is pretty much why I do it.))

Quote Originally Posted by Noticiero View Post
    I enjoy doing things for the community, that is pretty much why I do it.))
    Thats highly commendable Keep it up dude.
    GorgeFodder3 - Deceased

Till All Are Free?

Cool

((Coming out of retirement, things may get interesting in RK1...))