Thread: Could funcom even have charged less than 20$?

Could funcom even have charged less than 20$?

Really...

What is the minimum price to charge on a box to get shelf space in a store?

I am betting that they couldn't get away with chargeing any less than 20$ and still be allowed to sell the game in the majority of stores. I mean 20 goes down to what when it hits the bargin bin? 2$?

Mayhaps they wanted to charge 10-15$ for it then realized that they couldn't possibly get it into the major chains at that price?

Thumbs down Re: Could funcom even have charged less than 20$?

Originally posted by Xira
    Really...

What is the minimum price to charge on a box to get shelf space in a store?

I am betting that they couldn't get away with chargeing any less than 20$ and still be allowed to sell the game in the majority of stores. I mean 20 goes down to what when it hits the bargin bin? 2$?

Mayhaps they wanted to charge 10-15$ for it then realized that they couldn't possibly get it into the major chains at that price?
    So they should make it downloadable for $5.00 so that the ones that don't care about getting the client or have the bankdwidth and especially like me who have more than one account don't have to spend sooooooo much on something we can just download. PLEASE, Make it cheaper. It's just not that cost effective for some cases.

I bought a copy of AO from the shelf at my local store for £7 about 2 months ago.

There were quite a few more products that were lower than $20

So they should make it downloadable for $5.00 so that the ones that don't care about getting the client or have the bankdwidth and especially like me who have more than one account don't have to spend sooooooo much on something we can just download.
    Then you get the counterstrike syndrome..."WHAT??? You mean I could have gotten it for FREE??? That's BULLSHT!!!! I HATE THIS COMPANY!!!!"

I bought a copy of AO from the shelf at my local store for £7 about 2 months ago.

There were quite a few more products that were lower than $20
    And all of them used to go for 30-50$ when they were new.

There is a diffrence between a game that comes out costing 20$ and a game that comes out costing 50$, dosen't sell well, and the refuse that they couldn't sell gets marked down.

There is also a _MAJOR_ diffrence between selling something that's been a good seller forever(starcraft) for 10$ and selling a new untested game for 10$

Well we really don't know the situation behind the scenes at Funcom so it's hard to say.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?