Thread: Question for Cz

Question Question for Cz

Is it necessary to register your organization as affiliated with one of the Omni departments/Clans in order to participate in the storyline?

I note that Clans are given the option to be independant but Omni organizations are not.

Can we choose both an official and a hidden affiliation?

Ex: Lets say, as (shh) gun smugglers, my organization is "officially" affiliated with Omni-Trans. We transport goods, it's just that Omni-tek doesn't necessarily know where they're being diverted to. Obviously that's not my organization's REAL affiliation, but that's what it says on our permit. Perhaps we're secretly aligned with Sol Banking Corporation. It wouldn't be a big surprise - Note Sandy's last name

I think getting organizations involved in the storyline/events is a great idea. But if the only way to do it is to choose from a brief list of departments, it discourages those of us who are trying to break the mold from getting involved.

--Sandy

We're minions of Omni Tek, being independant shouldn't be an option.

My opinion.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Talking Hmmm...

In that case..

Suppose I'll register my org as an official "minion".. and when it comes time to participate in events.. we'll just demonstrate the fine art of back-stabbing. Works for me.

/me grins.

--Sandy

Cool Two Sets of Accounts..

One for Omni and one for yourself.

It's a great way to operate your business and enjoy the benefits of Omni Corporation and also make the real money where it matters... So I'm told!

Omni-Pol is my friend.. That's right, move along, nothing to see here...

Re: Hmmm...

Originally posted by Karanya
    In that case..

Suppose I'll register my org as an official "minion".. and when it comes time to participate in events.. we'll just demonstrate the fine art of back-stabbing. Works for me.

/me grins.

--Sandy
    OOC: I encourage, even support, your ability to do this, however:

IC: There will be consequences for this behaviour.

OOC: I hope there isn't too much OOC whining when the game changes to reflect the consequences of certain RP behaviours.

I support the ability for people to commit bad acts. The problem is that the game currently limits the ability of others to react to them.

My hope is that Omni can be run more like an actual corporation. Including the ability to remove personel that don't behave in a professional manner.

Ah, c'mon.

In RL, you've never encountered the corrupt bureaucrat? The guy who can get the permit for you, if you grease the palm? The construction crew that's taking a lot of breaks... but suddenly gets a lot more work done when you bring them a cold case?

Hell, you've never been the video store clerk who 'loses' a movie that was returned... loses it right into the front seat of their car?

Believe me, most of them never get caught. It'd make the world a more boring place if they did.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Yes, but the ones that don't get caught don't join openly illegal organizations, and brag about it in public.

Karanya is corrupt, and wants EVERYONE TO KNOW IT.

Unfortunately, there aren't very many ways that someone like that can suffer the consequences.

I think that this is related to the upcoming shadowlands expansion. There's been a lot of discussion about the overt good/bad Omni/Clan split that the screenshots seemed to suggest (the famous "Omni Demon" pic) so I can see that it might be an attractive option to be officially Omni while secretly working against them. Presumably the Shadowlands would show your true colours, which wouldn't be the standard Omni-Tech horns-and-pitchfork schtick.

Of course, a story with more grey areas and fewer simplistic moral divisions would be preferable, and Shadowlands is still very much in the planning stages so there's a lot of room for change between now and release. However, the prospect of potentially being branded as Evil (note caps, makes it official ) on the basis of your affiliation has bothered a lot of people.

Cheers,

~R~

Quool -

OOC:
    You're right we're pretty blatant about what we do.. but there's a lot more than meets the eye, and a lot going on behind the scenes that very, very few people are aware of. Unfortunately the amount of -OOC- grief I have gotten due to the role we are playing has caused me to back off somewhat for the time being.. I don't have the time or the quantity of Valium necessary to deal with this for the time being.. I always planned to make our business fairly obvious, it's kind of a challenge.. "Here we are, what ya gonna do about it, eh?" And (as I expected) there are a few here and there that quietly send me tells requesting our services, some of which are the same people who publicly denounce us.. of course I keep their identities secret Thing is, I was not expecting the harassment that would ensue from this.. okay, half the server wants to kill me, I'm pretty sure I'm KOS to a number of guilds - GOOD. That's fine. But dammit, I can only listen to "ur gonna die d00d cuz we dint get 2 pwn intercessor and get his phat l00t" so many times a day before it really starts grating on my nerves.. that and the IDIOTS who whine and cry that I'm not "roleplaying correctly".. my ignore list is getting longer and longer every day, and some of the actions made by people who are supposedly playing the "good guys" are kinda messed up.. for instance a doctor teamed with a member of my org and deliberately got him killed twice because he was in the Order of the Lamp.. okay, whatever, but this is the same person who is supposedly RPing a pacifist healer type.. I could see her refusing to team with him but she's dropping her "moral code" to grief a member of my org, kinda funny, guess she's not as goody-goody as she claims to be.. well, hey, **** happens, my members are proud to be a part of us, I just find it kind of funny that the little thing we did is so "horrible" it means half the server wants to flood me with grief tells until I cancel my account..

I've become a bit disappointed lately with what FC's events team on RK2 is doing with the event that started all of this, anyway.. ah well.. I'd just love to give em some feedback but all I can get is the events@anarchy-online.com email address and somehow I doubt that's going to get where I need it to go.. and I'm getting extremely disgusted with the player base at large.. 99% of the time I've got leaders chat turned off just so I don't have to deal with the idiocy that occurs there half the time I answer an OOC question for someone.

Dharin -

OOC:
    Thanks for the support

IC:
    (whispered) ...too much heat.. I need a place to crash, man.. some fake ID would be cool too

--K

ooc: Aw, you know the drill.

ic: Place to crash is easy, I got some safe-houses in Tir and Athens you can lay low in... ID will take a little longer, but shouldn't be a problem.

Of course, it's gonna cost you.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Thumbs up

OOC: Don't let the crap get you down, I think your trying to do a wonderful job. Its things like your guild and others that are trying to make a difference, and for some they do. Unfortunatly we will never apease the leet camping dudes and thats just something we have to realize but the RP community on RK2 looks to be gatherting some momentum and steam.

Then again what do I know I just came back to the game after being gone for a long time. All I can say is that your's and others efforts bring a smile to my face and are the REASON I came back.
    (well that and the fact that the game works now )

IC:
    Karanya, im still makeing a name for myself so they wont look for you here, can set you up real nice and cozy like away from the fire, unfortunatly you might have to show me a trick or 2 about that new id. Why am I offering this to an omni...plain and simple I dont see omni...I see fixer its a rough job without throwing politics into the mix, as far as im concerned fixer means more than being part of this squable on this planet.

Alexiai

OOC:

Alexiai: *hugs* so good to see you again, btw I've missed ya, I even miss running from your crazy PK ass in Asheron's Call.. hahaha

IC:

Karanya sits down the bags she packed for going off planet and mutters to herself.. "Damn them all, I will see this out to the bloody end.. and the end will be very bloody, of that I am certain.." She pauses to think for a minute, then steps outside, looking around carefully until she spots a young opifex woman approximately her size, with similar looks, and a slow smile spreads across her face.

"Excuse me, ma'am," Karanya calls out confidantly. "Ms. Summers?"

The young woman looks puzzled. "I think you've gotten me confused with someone else, my name is Alice Carver."

"Right, right," Karanya answers. "Ms. Carver, that's what I meant to say. Congratulations, Ms. Carver! You've won an all expenses paid off planet vacation.. I almost didn't catch you in time, your transport leaves in 2 hours! Here, then take your tickets, just sign here and here.. mmhmm.. let's see your identification.. there you go. Enjoy your vacation!"

Alice hesitantly accepts the tickets.. examining them closely she sees they look legitmate.. she shrugs and pockets the paperwork, not noticing that her ID card handed to her with the tickets is not the one she displayed to Karanya.

"Ah, there's your cab right there, Ms. Carver!" Karanya says, smiling enthusiastically. "Get right in and you'll be to the spaceport in no time at all," she says as she practically pushes the young woman into the cab.

"Have a nice vacation!" Karanya calls out as the driver speeds away.

Karanya steps back inside her apartment, and opens an encrypted com channel from the panel beside her bed. "Hey, my friend.. wanna make a delivery for me? ... Mmm.. yes.. ED-49-B.. to be put on board flight 9362.. leaving in an hour and forty-five minutes. ... I know it's short notice! ... Come on, man, don't disappoint me now.. it'll be lucrative, I promise. ... 2 minute timer after launch. ... Alright. What's the damage? ... TWENTY FIVE MILLION creds?! ... Fine, dammit, you'll get it. Now GO!"

... 2 hours later ... 20:15

Karanya stands outside her apartment, watching the star-lit sky in the vicinity of the spaceport... she watches the streak of the off-planet transport as it launches, and moments later a brilliant flash lights the sky as the transport explodes into thousands of bits of burning metal. She smiles, and languidly dons her Keelar sunglasses, moments before she disappears into the grid.. "To Tir, then," she whispers to herself. "To Tir."

Karen "Karanya" Vel
    President, Order of the Lamp